2022 CFL Season

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Though the first half of the Riders vs Hamilton game was forgettable - defensive effort all the way, the Riders who led for most of the game on the strength of Lauther's many FGS. It wasn't until the 4thQ that the Riders offense really came alive after the Ti-Cats scored the first TD of the game. Starting at their own 25 yard line Cody marched the team downfield to the Hamilton 20 then found Kian Schaffer-Baker in the end zone for the TD giving SK a 22 - 13 lead after the convert. Things didn't stop there, Derrick Moncrief was able to pick off Ti-Cat QB Evans at the Hamilton 40 and was finally caught at the 1 yard line. Keeping the ball himself, Cody punched the ball in for the second Rider TD of the game. A two point conversion effort gave the Riders a 28 - 13 lead and that, as they say, was that.
In other CFL news, the BC Lions absolutely annihilated the Edmonton Eskimos ( I refuse to call them by the stupid name they replaced Eskimos with) by a score of 59 - 15. Rock on Lions!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We are going to the Argos home/season opener this Thursday against Montreal. I was dismayed that yet again Saskatchewan does not visit Toronto this season. Last year, it was one of the games chopped for the covid shortened season. This year, they play that game in Halifax. Screw the maritimers. I want to see my Roughriders.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Montreal is a team to keep an eye on. Adams has his poop in a group but the Dirty Birds took a huge loss with Stanback being hurt. BC had Bernham hit too but BC has two great QBs. They have Pipken who can open or close.

There is a really good balance of talent this season.

One things is sure, I'm going to Grey Cup and I don't care which teams play.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Though the first half of the Riders vs Hamilton game was forgettable - defensive effort all the way, the Riders who led for most of the game on the strength of Lauther's many FGS. It wasn't until the 4thQ that the Riders offense really came alive after the Ti-Cats scored the first TD of the game. Starting at their own 25 yard line Cody marched the team downfield to the Hamilton 20 then found Kian Schaffer-Baker in the end zone for the TD giving SK a 22 - 13 lead after the convert. Things didn't stop there, Derrick Moncrief was able to pick off Ti-Cat QB Evans at the Hamilton 40 and was finally caught at the 1 yard line. Keeping the ball himself, Cody punched the ball in for the second Rider TD of the game. A two point conversion effort gave the Riders a 28 - 13 lead and that, as they say, was that.
In other CFL news, the BC Lions absolutely annihilated the Edmonton Eskimos ( I refuse to call them by the stupid name they replaced Eskimos with) by a score of 59 - 15. Rock on Lions!
Hail to the Redskins!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We are going to the Argos home/season opener this Thursday against Montreal. I was dismayed that yet again Saskatchewan does not visit Toronto this season. Last year, it was one of the games chopped for the covid shortened season. This year, they play that game in Halifax. Screw the maritimers. I want to see my Roughriders.
This game was a CFL thriller. The game was decided by single points. The first half was nothing but field goals and single points with the Argos taking an 11-6 lead into halftime. They added a TD and made the lead 18-6. The Als got 2 FGs and the Argos got 2 points off missed FGs to give the Argos a 20-12 lead. The Als got a TD but failed on the 2 point convert. The Argos got the ball to midfield before they had to punt it away. They punted out of bounds which apparently is a penalty in the CFL (talk about a stupid rule). The Argos stopped BC for 2 downs but they gave up the 1st down on a desperation 3rd down throw. The Als got to the 16 yard line with 18 seconds remaining with the next 3rd down. They tried a FG. It should have been a chip shot. But my skill at waiving the air to the left with my fingers crossed caused the Als kicker to shank it left and the Argos hang on for a 20-19 win.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nobody is talking CFL.

This year my son and I have actually got into the season. I have watched the Argos opener. My son has been to a couple more games when I was in SK last week. We have Argos tickets for BC & Montreal later this year. Unfortunately for the second year in a row the Riders game in Toronto was not held here. They moved it to Halifax this year and cancelled it last year. We are looking to see the Riders in Hamilton in October (the day before the Argos/BC game). My son is also going to Winnipeg/Hamilton in September and has asked if I want to go. I am not a big fan of either team.

My son has also decided he likes CFL football better than NFL although he does say that NFL has better players. I still think the CFL has wacky rules particularly with punting and punt returns (why can't you punt out of bounds?). And rewarding missed FGs is stupid. Love the OT rules though. Much better than NFL.

Go Riders (they are kind of sucking this year. :()
Go Argos

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ive been following. BC in Calgary tonight is, in my opinion the game that determines the course of the second half of the season for the west.

I think we are going to see the Lions and Alouettes in the Grey Cup.

And yes, the Riders do suck. I never liked the direction Dickinson went with Fajardo as focal point. He never was that good, it was always the O Line that gave him the time. This year the O stands for "old" and there isnt the luxury of great blockers.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ive been following. BC in Calgary tonight is, in my opinion the game that determines the course of the second half of the season for the west.

I think we are going to see the Lions and Alouettes in the Grey Cup.

And yes, the Riders do suck. I never liked the direction Dickinson went with Fajardo as focal point. He never was that good, it was always the O Line that gave him the time. This year the O stands for "old" and there isnt the luxury of great blockers.
The O-line can make the difference between a Grey Cup and missing the playoffs.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Saw the argos play the Stampeders tonight in Toronto. Toronto played really well for the first 2.5 quarters. If only that was the length of a football game. The Stamps played pretty bad throughout the game but put enough plays together late to win.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Saw the argos play the Stampeders tonight in Toronto. Toronto played really well for the first 2.5 quarters. If only that was the length of a football game. The Stamps played pretty bad throughout the game but put enough plays together late to win.
The Als/Ti-Cats games was really good. Really really good.

Stamps/Argos...was there a ref at the game?