Diesel shortages and massive food shortages and price increases coming

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Maybe I’m misunderstanding you. If your pay and your fuel subsidy combined is $2.25 per loaded mile (running mile maybe? Hopefully!!)…. If it’s per running mile then we’re in the same neighbourhood with us paying $.14 less (Call it $.28 less), but we are dealing with significantly less weights then you are I’m assuming???

let’s say a tractor is 17,000lbs & A trailer is about 8000lbs & three small RVs being maybe 12,000 pounds…. That’s 37,000 pounds combined load so to add a margin of error we would license that on a cab card through IRP at 42,000lbs…. And know that it would never be exceeded for weight.

My gross on this trip is 78,000 lbs sometimes it’s 52,000 lbs all depends..

My last trip was candy and the load was 12,000 lbs.. stretched out the tandems for stability and ran it from Dallas to Calgary in 3 days.. the extra 2 hours helped when I crossed into Canada.. phew

Reactions: taxslave

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What is your fuel subsidy on top of that?

We’re paying $2/loaded mile plus $2.36/loaded mile fuel subsidy (& The fuel subsidy is reevaluated monthly on the first). So for May/2022 it’s $4.36/loaded mile… with the maximum weight of your load being about 12,000 pounds maybe… call at three small travel trailers that can fit onto a 53 foot trailer…
View attachment 13702
This guy is hauling two travel trailers as that’s what legally fits. We pay the same whether he’s hauling three smaller ones or two slightly bigger ones….

60EE6EB9-E2A9-4625-97ED-DB858F096E2D.jpeg

Getting my own authority and buying 10 brand new 2022 trucks over the next 2 months

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Wow….hope you got your order in about 15 Months ago. Weird times.

No, the trucks are in at Freightliner..

Funny thing happening, people who ordered trucks are cancelling the order when they arrive and Freightliner is on the hook so need to sell fast at a discount.. great deals.

Fuel prices have companies spooked

Same shit with my new pickup… didn’t have to wait 1 day.. again who wants to buy a pickup at $2 a litre..

Just some asshole earning $40,000 clear a month 😂😂

The shitty economy hasn’t hit me just yet.. although HighTide (HITI.V) shares are below $3 guess who’s buying

6F6AC8F6-D448-4214-A1B5-49A24FD0F981.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got a friend who was selling Kenworth trucks for more than a decade. Very good at what he does (did, now). With the truck shortages he learned last year that his dealership would get twenty trucks in 2022 for himself & the other salesman to fight over for sales….so he’s no longer selling Kenworth trucks.

We ordered two Freightliner M2’s last January (of 2021) and got the first one in the early Fall & the second in the late Fall. In June of 2023 the Freightliner Salesman (Good Guy!) came to us saying (we still hadn’t received the first two trucks) that if we wanted more we needed to order them then (June 2021) if we wanted to see them before mid-2023. Crazy times.

We needed an engine rebuild kit for a PX9 in December of 2021, & another rebuild kit for another PX9 in February or this year, and we just got both kits at the same time two weeks ago ‘cuz Cummins wouldn’t release them to current customers as they needed them on the production lines to build new Kenworth & Peterbilt trucks (these come out of the same factory in Quebec) due to parts shortages….& we were not done the payments yet on these two trucks down for motors yet…weird times.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh yeah? Shortages?? Where do these guys buy their vehicles?? The USA?

What stops you from buying out of the USA..

Lots of trucks and trailers down here..

Another thing, never have a truck without an APU..

I see truckers running their trucks all night. The expense is retarded..

I always have trucks with an APU.. and DISH TV

Saves so much money, $1000 of dollars per month in fuel ⛽️

C6538ACD-DDE9-4B2B-87CF-71B8113A9105.jpeg

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good Morning Boomer! I killed a significant portion of my lawn this winter (they must’ve change the formula for the ecological icemelt that’s lawn and pet friendly), & I can see exactly where I threw snow off my sidewalk.

Raked it well last week, then the dead portion hard two days ago, reseeded & overseeded, Fertilized, got about 1/3” of soil on top of the dead areas, & soaked it. My lawn can use rain:
1652447924046.png

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
What am I missing here ? What does a war half way around the planet have to do with gas prices in Western Canada ? We produce more than we use, the costs of production and transport haven't changed, and the oil producers are bragging about record profits. It's clear who the winners are.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What am I missing here ? What does a war half way around the planet have to do with gas prices in Western Canada ? We produce more than we use, the costs of production and transport haven't changed, and the oil producers are bragging about record profits. It's clear who the winners are.
Government coffers .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No, the trucks are in at Freightliner..

Funny thing happening, people who ordered trucks are cancelling the order when they arrive and Freightliner is on the hook so need to sell fast at a discount.. great deals.

Fuel prices have companies spooked

Same shit with my new pickup… didn’t have to wait 1 day.. again who wants to buy a pickup at $2 a litre..

Just some asshole earning $40,000 clear a month 😂😂

The shitty economy hasn’t hit me just yet.. although HighTide (HITI.V) shares are below $3 guess who’s buying

View attachment 13706
Thats because they are freightliners. Kind of like cornbinders only not as nice. They have inventory because no one wants them. We were forced to take one for our new tanker from Ft. Garry because Western Star couldn't supply. Neither could KW or Pete. Ft.Garry is about to build us a new engine as well, but it will be on a Spartan carrier.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Good Morning Boomer! I killed a significant portion of my lawn this winter (they must’ve change the formula for the ecological icemelt that’s lawn and pet friendly), & I can see exactly where I threw snow off my sidewalk.

Raked it well last week, then the dead portion hard two days ago, reseeded & overseeded, Fertilized, got about 1/3” of soil on top of the dead areas, & soaked it. My lawn can use rain:
View attachment 13709
We have rain to spare. Also some excess snow unless things warm up considerably. Wettest April on record on the island. Not sure about temp, but it has been unusually cold.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nothing. It is an excuse to raise prices. Part of the problem with having gas and diesel on the commodities market. Also excessive taxation here. Exported oil does not have carbon scam tax on it.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nothing. It is an excuse to raise prices. Part of the problem with having gas and diesel on the commodities market. Also excessive taxation here. Exported oil does not have carbon scam tax on it.
What would you prefer? The government setting the prices of commodities, maybe?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What is your fuel subsidy on top of that?

We’re paying $2/loaded mile plus $2.36/loaded mile fuel subsidy (& The fuel subsidy is reevaluated monthly on the first). So for May/2022 it’s $4.36/loaded mile… with the maximum weight of your load being about 12,000 pounds maybe… call at three small travel trailers that can fit onto a 53 foot trailer…
View attachment 13702
This guy is hauling two travel trailers as that’s what legally fits. We pay the same whether he’s hauling three smaller ones or two slightly bigger ones….
I met one of your drivers recently. Dallas I think it was. FYI nothing but praise aboot you and Kevin(or Ken?).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We are looking at a nightmare in terms of global diesel shortage that will shock people starting June.

Diesel inventory on the east coast is 18 million (About 3 days demand) as of today, we will run down to sub 10 million. 🚨

This is WAY below historic inventory levels

View attachment 13684
This is the affects of not just sanctions on Russian diesel but the global marine shipping fleet was legislated into eco-mandates forcing the end of bunker fuel.

Xa-Xa! (Ruskie for Ha-Ha!)

Reactions: B00Mer and taxslave