Justify this?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

So anyone pro-'life', how can you justify forcing a woman or girl to give birth to their rapists/incest rapist's child?
OK, that’s just fucked up. Victimize the victim again ‘cuz that’s justifiable legislation? That’s barbaric legislation I’d expect from Iran or Saudi Arabia, but not in North America.

Reactions: harrylee

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
OK, that’s just fucked up. Victimize the victim again ‘cuz that’s justifiable legislation? That’s barbaric legislation I’d expect from Iran or Saudi Arabia, but not in North America.

Though Boom's "argument" of "there's always adoption" is true, as I pointed out it doesn't take into consideration the victim. And as you point out, it's victimizing the victim.

And if the victim is a young girl who doesn't even understand what giving birth is about? It's hard enough for an adult to deal with such a thing, let alone a child.

I wonder though if the "threat to the mother" excuse could be turned INTO something that supports termination under incest/rape, since the mental trauma is, indeed, a threat to the mother.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Eh I not saying I agree with the laws, just saying adoption is an option

Jail the rapist, and once he is out have him pay support fir life.. 😉

There's not agreeing and then there's pissed off that this bullshit is forced on women and young girls.

Where's your outrage over that, or did you waste it all on the Florida issue?

Depending on the state, a Rapist has a right to see the child of his crime, even take the kid.

Reactions: mentalfloss

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

So anyone pro-'life', how can you justify forcing a woman or girl to give birth to their rapists/incest rapist's child?
This should not be mandatory, hate to victimize the woman over again especially if it was violent. Like Boomer wrote there is always the option of adoption of which he and I both are a product of. My adoption letter that was accompanied to my parents wrote that My Bio mother was 15, what are the chances of me being alive today if abortion was legally available back then?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This should not be mandatory, hate to victimize the woman over again especially if it was violent. Like Boomer wrote there is always the option of adoption of which he and I both are a product of. My adoption letter that was accompanied to my parents wrote that My Bio mother was 15, what are the chances of me being alive today if abortion was legally available back then?
But it is still 9-10 months of unpleasantness to go through for a child you wanted no part of. It is a consequence of somebody else's actions. And the kid is 1/2 genetically disposed to be another dipshit like his daddy. I see no reason to disallow an early term abortion in this case. Certainly the choice of adoption or keeping the baby remain and abortion should not be mandatory.

I doubt your birth mom was raped -- most likely just a 15 year old doing what 15 year olds sometimes do,