Freeland: Canadians should brace for economic collateral damage

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Very little of it though.

The faster we transition, the sooner we become energy independent.
Do you realize how much of the fossil fuels are used for various products?

I had an email showing at the start, a picture of an individual inside a home. It showed the TV, various appliances, etc. - the usual you find in a home. Then, the video describes what would happen if we didn't have fossil fuels. The guy ended up outside, nude with absolutely nothing left. I wish I had kept it because it made things really obvious on how stupid we are to get rid of fossil fuels, especially considering how efficient & reliable fossil fuels are to our society.

Renewables will bring our economies down and make us much poorer; we'll have more blackouts and more people will freeze in the winter. But apparently, that's what will make us "happier" and "save the planet". Oh boy - not a good reason to get rid of something that has made us wealthier and better off as a society. Doesn't really make much sense, especially since even the so-called "experts" can't tell us just how much we're supposedly harming the planet. So we're being quite rash about this whole thing and we'll grow to regret it.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
We definitely could use more nuclear power, for sure!! That, along with fossil fuels would be beneficial to the whole planet.

C'mon, you should know by now that fossil fuels need to go because of climate change.

Get used to it or you'll just be an angry git until you die, like petrov.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
C'mon, you should know by now that fossil fuels need to go because of climate change.

Get used to it or you'll just be an angry git until you die, like petrov.
Nope, climate change has always happened and will continue to happen long after we're all gone so I'm not too worried about it.

Reactions: Mowich

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Nope, climate change has always happened and will continue to happen long after we're all gone so I'm not too worried about it.

Food has always existed and will always exist so I just eat McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The collateral damage is likely due to the government not necessarily the sanctions. But now they have a scapegoat.
GST going up , ready made excuse four years to get used to it before next election . But you will be happy .

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
How long before they say the twuck boys were Russian agents?