Spotify to remove Neil Young's music after complaint over Joe Rogan

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well, I'm not real big on so-called "common sense." Commons sense said airplanes can't fly and atom bombs won't explode.

I agreed with you on the Port of Vancouver, but do you understand that if your goal is to reduce pollution or greenhouse gases, you don't need to go after every source at the same time?
Especially when said ships mostly burn offshore oil because Canada doesnt tax it. And in the oilspitters pea brains, if they can't tax it, it doesn't pollute.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, I'm not real big on so-called "common sense." Commons sense said airplanes can't fly and atom bombs won't explode.

I agreed with you on the Port of Vancouver, but do you understand that if your goal is to reduce pollution or greenhouse gases, you don't need to go after every source at the same time?
Uhhh yeah. Even at the height of Alberta's oil production Canada's emissions were less than half that of international maritime shipping. Seems to me the smart play would be to remove or convert one of the largest sources. To put it another way, if international maritime shipping were a country, it would be the 5th or 6th largest contributor on the planet. And yet, despite the Western World's headlong nosedive into the cult of AGW, they keep expanding "free trade". Remember, BC is a province that is sooo concerned about the environment that their 1/8 of the population of Canada is responsible for 40% of this country's raw sewage dumping.

Even worse, let's look at Trudeau's and Quebec's shit-sucking attitude towards Alberta's oil and gas industries. Now, if I'm so fucking concerned about AGW then I'd be going after Quebec's aerospace industry and Ontario's auto industry. Even separately each one is responsible for more emissions than Alberta's O&G sector. Yes, that's right. Or both provinces refining industry. But nope, they aren't being treated like pariahs by our oh so "science following" Prince Groper.

I dunno about elsewhere but AGW is being used a political weapon by the leftards in this country and it's pretty fucking obvious. Well it is for anyone who doesn't let the media and govt lead them around by the nose like the dumb fuck cattle they are.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
This was hilarious the first time I heard it. It's even funnier now. It's Corky and the Juice Pigs taking a bit of a run at Neil Young.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I love Neil Young. He provided a significant part of the sound track of my youth. 'After the Gold Rush" especially (released 1970, I'm old).

But Mr. Young is a whack job. Like a lot of artistic masters, he is simply not living in the real world, and his opinions and advice should be taken with a truckload of salt. If you doubt that, buy his autobiographical book "Waging Heavy Peace". Whacked.

And what the Hell? He actually thought he could browbeat Spotify into cancelling Joe Rogan because Rogan disagrees with the enlightened opinion of Himself, aka Neil Young? Rogan is also a bit off the beaten track psychologically, but that is neither here nor there. Rogan is not trying to cancel Young.

Shame on you, Neil.
This Neil Young thing could’ve played out a couple of different ways…

Dude could’ve just come out and stated that he’s pulling his music from Spotify because of X. Done deal! Walk away with dignity. Something like that I can respect even if I think the guy is a flake, but that’s not what he did.

Neil Young tried to pull the “it’s him or me“ thing… which is just plain shitty… so on that note I think this Spotify company did the right thing regardless of who the target of Neal’s “it’s him or me” happened to be.

Musically, I can take her leave Neil Young, & I do not now nor have I ever utilized Spotify… so I don’t have a vested interest in an opinion in this case, but the celebrity throwing out ultimatums, that just has a taint to it that leaves a bad mojo for me.

I have watched several podcasts of Joe Rogan on YouTube, not because I’m a fan of Joe Rogan but because of who he happened to be interviewing, and actually enjoyed the relaxed format in the way that things were done.

I watched the interview that he did with Elon Musk and came away thinking that Elon Musk was quite the egotistical knob.

I watch the interview that he did with Neil Degrass Tyson I thought you know, I’m going to find other things with Neil Degrasse Tyson in them because he’s interesting.

I’ve really enjoyed some of the wacky guests that don’t give a shit if you believe them or not but state their case with passion like John Anthony West or Randall Carlson or Graham something or another (interesting English guy with theories of advanced ancient civilizations etc…).

Reactions: taxslave and Colpy

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Removing Joni Mitchell and Neil Young from a music stream is a bit like removing Wayne and Shuster from a comedy album.

It's simply doing everybody's ears a favor.

(Cue low voice) Put up a parking lot! (Cue fake laugh)...AhhAHaHahahaHA!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Uhhh yeah. Even at the height of Alberta's oil production Canada's emissions were less than half that of international maritime shipping. Seems to me the smart play would be to remove or convert one of the largest sources. To put it another way, if international maritime shipping were a country, it would be the 5th or 6th largest contributor on the planet. And yet, despite the Western World's headlong nosedive into the cult of AGW, they keep expanding "free trade". Remember, BC is a province that is sooo concerned about the environment that their 1/8 of the population of Canada is responsible for 40% of this country's raw sewage dumping.

Even worse, let's look at Trudeau's and Quebec's shit-sucking attitude towards Alberta's oil and gas industries. Now, if I'm so fucking concerned about AGW then I'd be going after Quebec's aerospace industry and Ontario's auto industry. Even separately each one is responsible for more emissions than Alberta's O&G sector. Yes, that's right. Or both provinces refining industry. But nope, they aren't being treated like pariahs by our oh so "science following" Prince Groper.

I dunno about elsewhere but AGW is being used a political weapon by the leftards in this country and it's pretty fucking obvious. Well it is for anyone who doesn't let the media and govt lead them around by the nose like the dumb fuck cattle they are.
Don’t forget the 500,000 new immigrants yearly and their carbon footprint .

Reactions: B00Mer