Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Reactions: Twin_Moose

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'll be honest, I think the whole thing with truckers is kind'a BS.

Kind'a.

I do get though if exemptions are made for them, it'll be seconds before other 'groups' demand exemptions.

But I also think this is being used as an excuse to lash out at the Feds when the Feds aren't nearly the issue they're being made out to be.

And the whining about 'supply chains' and 'increased prices' isn't because, or just because, of the stupidity of the Feds.

It's a world wide issue.

It's a lack of actual corporate thinking issue.

It's the bosses of some of these truckers - or the people they ship for - causing the issue.

Feds are, at most, responsible for the mandates of vaccines to cross the national border and you know what, good. Again, if we exempt truckers, what's to say business people won't demand exemptions, or travellers, or other groups?

We all learned in school that sometimes if one person got in trouble, all got in trouble, or if one person had to do a thing, we all did.

Life is full of shit like that.

This is another example of it.

So these truckers aren't "Standing up For All Canadians", they're being idiots who aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Sadly the very people they say they're standing up for - small business, transportation of goods - are going to suffer because they're pulling this stunt.
Your turdOWE fan membership card is showing .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
That is what I have been saying and it does not seem to be heard by many.
Canada dropping it's vaccination requirement is not going to do truckers any good. If they cannot get into the US because of the American mandate, they are in the same spot they are now only able to drive in Canada..
What it will do is allow lots of American truckers into Canada to deliver the goods.
If Trudie drops his Joe will drop theirs

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I'll be honest, I think the whole thing with truckers is kind'a BS.

Kind'a.

I do get though if exemptions are made for them, it'll be seconds before other 'groups' demand exemptions.

But I also think this is being used as an excuse to lash out at the Feds when the Feds aren't nearly the issue they're being made out to be.

And the whining about 'supply chains' and 'increased prices' isn't because, or just because, of the stupidity of the Feds.

It's a world wide issue.

It's a lack of actual corporate thinking issue.

It's the bosses of some of these truckers - or the people they ship for - causing the issue.

Feds are, at most, responsible for the mandates of vaccines to cross the national border and you know what, good. Again, if we exempt truckers, what's to say business people won't demand exemptions, or travellers, or other groups?

We all learned in school that sometimes if one person got in trouble, all got in trouble, or if one person had to do a thing, we all did.

Life is full of shit like that.

This is another example of it.

So these truckers aren't "Standing up For All Canadians", they're being idiots who aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Sadly the very people they say they're standing up for - small business, transportation of goods - are going to suffer because they're pulling this stunt.
COVID cash had nothing to do with inflation?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That is what I have been saying and it does not seem to be heard by many.
Canada dropping it's vaccination requirement is not going to do truckers any good. If they cannot get into the US because of the American mandate, they are in the same spot they are now only able to drive in Canada..
What it will do is allow lots of American truckers into Canada to deliver the goods.
You still think this is only about the border . Those that refuse to see .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

No its got nothing to do with the border.. really

It has everything with the Government shoving mandates down everyone’s throat..

It’s about the shitty infrastructure in northern Ontario (Taliban Highway) and in BC (Kill a Pakie Pass)

The lack of proper space for truckers to park and sleep

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Yes I do. If you are trying to make it about freedoms, anti vaxxers, et al you may be a wee bit right.
Fact still is that most truckers are vaccinated (as their association claims) so, yes, it is about being able to cross borders.