More than 900 unvaccinated Canadian troops could be forced to hang up their uniforms

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What NOT getting a vaccine is cowardness??

I am tripple vacinated, but I don't think there was bravery in getting the jab.. I thought it was all about personal responsibility, and personal choice.
Not a lot of "personal choice" in the forces. If you'd really been in the Navy, you'd know that.

Reactions: MyOpinion

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh ya, that'll help Prince Groper fulfill the UN's Peacekeeping requirements and our NATO commitments. That's literally 2% of Canada's total army personnel.

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh ya, that'll help Prince Groper fulfill the UN's Peacekeeping requirements and our NATO commitments. That's literally 2% of Canada's total army personnel.
That can use they savings to add more bureaucrats to the Ottawa headquarters .

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Yeah but considering the paltry amount our military personnel get paid, that's what, like 3 extra bureaucraps?
I think you will be surprised how well our Military gets paid. An off the street Private recruit starts at $3100 per month and after 3 years makes more than $4600 per month. Depending on the trade or occupation (and that ranges from secretaries (admin clerks) to technical and medical occupations) after 4 years can be as much as $6500 per month. https://www.canada.ca/en/department...ay-pension-benefits/pay/non-commissioned.html

Last edited:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Doesn't it seem odd to other people that there are so many people who are willing to bankrupt themselves over this? Even if you went contractor, a company would still refuse you. How many unvaxxed people gonna stay working at the shop?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Some people have the courage of their convictions . We would be better served if more of our politicians had some of that .

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Some people have the courage of their convictions . We would be better served if more of our politicians had some of that .

I caved. My work made it so you had to have both shots to keep receiving a paycheck. Feels like some of the holdouts im talking to are doing it out of spite but im not in their position.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I think you will be surprised how well our Military gets paid. An off the street Private recruit starts at $3100 per month and after 3 years makes more than $4600 per month. Depending on the trade or occupation (and that ranges from secretaries (admin clerks) to technical and medical occupations) after 4 years can be as much as $6500 per month. https://www.canada.ca/en/department...ay-pension-benefits/pay/non-commissioned.html
Well, good to see someone finally got realistic about military pay again considering for a while the pay was off mark.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Well, good to see someone finally got realistic about military pay again considering for a while the pay was off mark.
Actually, Military pay has been very good for almost a decade now. The have been getting annual and even semi annual bumps in pay for quite a while. Quietly of course but getting raises nonetheless.

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Actually, Military pay has been very good for almost a decade now. The have been getting annual and even semi annual bumps in pay for quite a while. Quietly of course but getting raises nonetheless.
It wasn’t long ago while still the Canadian Forces the sailors and support staff at Esquimalt were complaining about the poor wages and price of living . Things must have changed .

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
It wasn’t long ago while still the Canadian Forces the sailors and support staff at Esquimalt were complaining about the poor wages and price of living . Things must have changed .
The cost of living and housing, especially in places like Victoria, has always been an issue and not just for Military. Nothing has changed.
Military personnel posted to Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and even Edmonton and elsewhere that housing costs have been high have all complained about the cost of housing.
Post Living Differential has been a program to subsidize housing costs and has been around for decades. Other allowances are also provided for the military personnel. https://www.canada.ca/en/department...or-officers-and-non-commissioned-members.html.
Poorly paid Military is an old problem.... meaning it was a problem quite a while ago but not int he past 10 years. Some vocations or occupations in the Military are paid considerable more than in civilian jobs (fully understanding the additinal tasks a Military person may have to do).

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
WhenI worked for the alarmed farces about 15 years ago, a corpral with some years in made about the same as civilia trades people. On the low side of town wages. They never get OT though, just days off. which is also why I left.