Lewis Hamilton was robbed this year.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Im a Red Bull fan and its not Maxs fault. It was Michaels. "No Michael Nooo". Max definately had a championship season and hes the champ to me but Hamilton got robbed

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Auto racing, Formula One.

Some people are actually convinced that's a "sport."
F1 drivers typically lose around 10lbs during a race. You gotta be in good fucking shape to do that week after week. Very few people will argue that professional race drivers of any kind aren't athletes. F1, Indy and various classes of GT drivers also typically experience between 4 g - 6 g when they're cornering. Racing takes intense focus and concentration, lightning reflexes and a body that can take a beating week after week.

I know a lot of people think racing is just strapping yourself into a hotrod and going as fast as you can but there's WAY more to it than that.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, kinda like a hard session in the sauna?

Fighter pilots experience up to 10g. They wear special big-boy and big-girl pants to keep from passing out. Are they athletes?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So, kinda like a hard session in the sauna?
While your body gets bounced around at 180MPH and more. Those tracks aren't exactly as smooth as silk.
Fighter pilots experience up to 10g. They wear special big-boy and big-girl pants to keep from passing out. Are they athletes?
No. While most of them are probably quite athletic, war isn't a sport, although it IS the ultimate game.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Of course it's a sport. Just jerking your chain, Johnny.

How you been? Good to see you back.

Now, HERE's a tough question. Golf. . . game or sport?
Golf- Kinda like watching paint dry except not as exciting. At least for spectators. For players it is an excuse to drink outside.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Golf- Kinda like watching paint dry except not as exciting. At least for spectators. For players it is an excuse to drink outside.
Skiing to me has always been stupid. Slap two skinny sleds to your feet and slide downhill. Try not to. Hell, try going up, now THAT would be a sport.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I worked on the local ski hill for three seasons.250 people would be a busy day. Spent most of my time on a sled fixing shit. Never could ski, but I got fairly decent on a board. Our hill only had Tbars ,so you did ski uphill. Funny as hell to watch tourists that had only been on big hills with lifts try to get up top. Haven't been back there in 20 years. Did try Mt.Washington a few times but it just wasn't the same.
Being staff we often did ski or board up behind the groomer. In the dark.