Oct 26, 2009
Japan researchers use ostrich cells to make glowing COVID-19 detection masks
Author of the article:
Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:
Dec 10, 2021 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read •
Join the conversation
Kyoto Prefectural University President and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Yasuhiro Tsukamoto holds an ostrich egg in Kyoto, Japan in this handout photo taken in August 2021 and released by Kyoto Prefectural University.
Kyoto Prefectural University President and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Yasuhiro Tsukamoto holds an ostrich egg in Kyoto, Japan in this handout photo taken in August 2021 and released by Kyoto Prefectural University. Photo by KPU /Handout via REUTERS
Article content

TOKYO — Japanese researchers have developed masks that use ostrich antibodies to detect COVID-19 by glowing under ultraviolet light.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

The discovery by Yasuhiro Tsukamoto and his team at Kyoto Prefectural University in western Japan could provide for low-cost testing of the virus at home, they said in a press release.

The scientists started by creating a mask filter coated with ostrich antibodies targeting the novel coronavirus, based on previous research showing the birds have strong resistance to disease.

In a small study, test subjects wore the masks, and after eight hours, the filters were removed and sprayed with a chemical that glows under ultraviolet light if the virus is present. The filters worn by people infected with COVID-19 glowed around the nose and mouth areas.

The team hopes to further develop the masks so that they will glow automatically, without special lighting, if the virus is detected.

Tsukamoto, a veterinary professor and the president of the university, has studied ostriches for years, looking for ways to adapt their immunity power to fight bird flu, allergies, and other diseases.

Tsukamoto told the Kyodo news agency he discovered his own positivity for COVID-19 after he wore one of the special masks and found that it glowed when checked. The diagnosis was confirmed after a standard test.
1639223146884.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
HOT FLUSH: Toilet-licking influencer wants to sell video as $42K NFT
Author of the article:
Denette Wilford
Publishing date:
Dec 10, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read •
14 Comments
Selfie of influencer Ava Louise.
Selfie of influencer Ava Louise. Photo by Ava Louise /Instagram
Article content

The influencer who went viral for licking a toilet seat at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic is selling video of it as a $42,000 NFT.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Ava Louise, 23, tested gag reflexes everywhere after she took part in a “coronavirus challenge” in March 2020, where she shared a TikTok video of herself licking an airplane toilet seat.

She later revealed that the toilet was freshly bleached and on a public plane, so that made it all better. She’s now hoping to bank on the fame she earned from her gross actions.

For her toilet tomfoolery, Louise is selling the video clip as an NFT and plans to donate proceeds from the sale to help people struggling with COVID.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

“I licked the toilet for clout, selfish reasons to promote my music,” the fake news-loving social media star explained to DailyMail.com . “It really was just a scheme for clicks and views, which worked.”

She said her song has over 11 million streams on Spotify, and her OnlyFans account has grown.

“Though wrong of me to make fun of a global pandemic, I gained a lot from the stunt,” she admitted. “I was not shocked by the reaction. I was pretty calculated in doing the stunt. I knew that if I licked a toilet seat and created it into a challenge, America would be shocked.”

At the time, she wasn’t taking COVID seriously, but it’s amazing how one can change in just under two years.

“I am heartbroken by the loss of life I have witnessed,” said Louise. “Friends of mine have lost parents, people around the world are struggling, unemployed, and starving. This compelled me to sell my video and help those struggling due to COVID-19.”
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

NFTs, or non-fungible tokens , are a type of digital asset. It’s estimated her NFT would have a starting bid that equals to more than $8,400, but Louise expects it to fetch significantly higher.

“Considering this video broke the Internet and the stunt is still talked about to this day, I think that owning this one-of-a-kind pandemic meme piece of history is a unique opportunity,” she said.

“I see this as a chance to right my wrongdoings done when I decided to mock the pandemic in this video.”
1639223597307.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
HOT FLUSH: Toilet-licking influencer wants to sell video as $42K NFT
Author of the article:
Denette Wilford
Publishing date:
Dec 10, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read •
14 Comments
Selfie of influencer Ava Louise.
Selfie of influencer Ava Louise. Photo by Ava Louise /Instagram
Article content

The influencer who went viral for licking a toilet seat at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic is selling video of it as a $42,000 NFT.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Ava Louise, 23, tested gag reflexes everywhere after she took part in a “coronavirus challenge” in March 2020, where she shared a TikTok video of herself licking an airplane toilet seat.

She later revealed that the toilet was freshly bleached and on a public plane, so that made it all better. She’s now hoping to bank on the fame she earned from her gross actions.

For her toilet tomfoolery, Louise is selling the video clip as an NFT and plans to donate proceeds from the sale to help people struggling with COVID.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

“I licked the toilet for clout, selfish reasons to promote my music,” the fake news-loving social media star explained to DailyMail.com . “It really was just a scheme for clicks and views, which worked.”

She said her song has over 11 million streams on Spotify, and her OnlyFans account has grown.

“Though wrong of me to make fun of a global pandemic, I gained a lot from the stunt,” she admitted. “I was not shocked by the reaction. I was pretty calculated in doing the stunt. I knew that if I licked a toilet seat and created it into a challenge, America would be shocked.”

At the time, she wasn’t taking COVID seriously, but it’s amazing how one can change in just under two years.

“I am heartbroken by the loss of life I have witnessed,” said Louise. “Friends of mine have lost parents, people around the world are struggling, unemployed, and starving. This compelled me to sell my video and help those struggling due to COVID-19.”
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

NFTs, or non-fungible tokens , are a type of digital asset. It’s estimated her NFT would have a starting bid that equals to more than $8,400, but Louise expects it to fetch significantly higher.

“Considering this video broke the Internet and the stunt is still talked about to this day, I think that owning this one-of-a-kind pandemic meme piece of history is a unique opportunity,” she said.

“I see this as a chance to right my wrongdoings done when I decided to mock the pandemic in this video.”
View attachment 11237
she can lick my toilet anytime she wants. 🚽 👅 ;)
1639226189972.pngtoilet-tongue[1].gif

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Hospital ICU bed availability (as of yesterday):
Adult ICU beds 13 in MN available (5 less than Friday); 0 in NE MN
Pediatric ICU beds 7 in MN available (unchanged); 2 in NE MN
Part of the problem here is that covid ICU patients usually require longer stays compared to other diagnoses. About 90% of Covid patients in ICU treatment are not vaccinated. About 66% of Covid patients that are hospitalized are not vaccinated. About 56% of patients with new Covid cases are not vaccinated.
Median age of Covid patients dying while in ICU treatment:
Vaccinated 82 years old
Unvaccinated 69 years old

The above is from a Doctor friend of mine in MN.

She has been posting about the status of MN in regards to Covid since the start. As I keep watching her posts and reading what she puts up, it just is a horrible record of what this situation is doing to people, not just those sick with it, but those who don't give a shit about other people.

And in NB, our fucking moron of a Premier is showing yet again he is, well, a fucking moron.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Part of the problem here is that covid ICU patients usually require longer stays compared to other diagnoses. About 90% of Covid patients in ICU treatment are not vaccinated. About 66% of Covid patients that are hospitalized are not vaccinated. About 56% of patients with new Covid cases are not vaccinated.
Vaccinated 82 years old

She has been posting about the status of MN in regards to Covid since the start. As I keep watching her posts and reading what she puts up, it just is a horrible record of what this situation is doing to people, not just those sick with it, but those who don't give a shit about other people.

And in NB, our fucking moron of a Premier is showing yet again he is, well, a fucking moron.
Seems like a large percentage of of ICU patients are fully jabbed .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If 66% are unvaccinated, how do you come up with the 10% ? And isn’t a10% failure rate a large number ?
90% of Covid patients in ICU treatment are not vaccinated.

This means 10% of the patients in the ICU are fully or partially vaccinated. Simple math 100 - 90 = 10. Note that it was your assertion you were talking only of ICU patients not hospitalized patients: "Seems like a large percentage of of ICU patients are fully jabbed ."

About 66% of Covid patients that are hospitalized are not

The rest of the sentence is just for hospital admissions which does support the assertion that the vaccine will decrease the severity if it is unable to prevent.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
90% of Covid patients in ICU treatment are not vaccinated.

This means 10% of the patients in the ICU are fully or partially vaccinated. Simple math 100 - 90 = 10. Note that it was your assertion you were talking only of ICU patients not hospitalized patients: "Seems like a large percentage of of ICU patients are fully jabbed ."

About 66% of Covid patients that are hospitalized are not

The rest of the sentence is just for hospital admissions which does support the assertion that the vaccine will decrease the severity if it is unable to prevent.
I was quoting Serryah nowhere does that say anything about 90% of Covid patients are unvaccinated . What by the way constitutes an unvaccinated ? Does a single jab count as unvaccinated ? Is there a waiting period after 2nd dose before considered vaccinated ? Are these categories a separate line item or are they all lumped together ? When does vaccination status fall with waning effectiveness ? When will one lose their passport to immunity if not shot up with the third dose ? Do you like shooting drugs into your system like a common junkie ?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Vaccinated 82 years old

I was quoting Serryah nowhere does that say anything about 90% of Covid patients are unvaccinated . What by the way constitutes an unvaccinated ? Does a single jab count as unvaccinated ? Is there a waiting period after 2nd dose before considered vaccinated ? Are these categories a separate line item or are they all lumped together ? When does vaccination status fall with waning effectiveness ? When will one lose their passport to immunity if not shot up with the third dose ? Do you like shooting drugs into your system like a common junkie ?
I got the line from her post as well. I highlighted it for you in this post.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I got the line from her post as well. I highlighted it for you in this post.
Is one in ten acceptable odds to you . How full is the ICU in Canadian hospitals on average prior to the age of Covidocy ? How much ICU capacity have we added in the last two years ? How many practioneers have been laid off ? Read the numbers or head for the hills , we are not all going to die .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is one in ten acceptable odds to you . How full is the ICU in Canadian hospitals on average prior to the age of Covidocy ? How much ICU capacity have we added in the last two years ? How many practioneers have been laid off ? Read the numbers or head for the hills , we are not all going to die .
10 is more acceptable than 90 to me. I have not been shown by any credible source that there is any serious side effects (aside from first 24-48 hours) of the vax to warrent taking the increased risk of being in the 90%.