CFL 2021

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Go Kitties!
I was reading that the Argo's head of Player Personnel is being hauled onto the carpet over this incident.
I approve if he's answering charges of failure to protect his players.

I'd haul in the head of security.

Ya spit at a (physical) god, ya get what's coming.

• Love
Reactions: Mowich

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Go Kitties!

I approve if he's answering charges of failure to protect his players.

I'd haul in the head of security.

Ya spit at a (physical) god, ya get what's coming.
Will you be cheering for one of the teams, Tec or just an interested bystander? An inquiring mind would like to know. :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Kitties, I guess.

Far from investing my heart and soul in it.

I just like kitties!
Oh my heart and soul are firmly in the hands of my Riders, Tec. I've followed the Ti-Cats for years now. There is something about that team and their fans that reminds me a lot of my Riders and Rider Nation.

That said: GO CATS!!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am going to ignore the game. I hate both of the teams involved. No matter who won I would be upset. So thinking ahead to next year where either the Riders or Argos can be in the cup (or both).

• Sad

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh my heart and soul are firmly in the hands of my Riders, Tec. I've followed the Ti-Cats for years now. There is something about that team and their fans that reminds me a lot of my Riders and Rider Nation.

That said: GO CATS!!!!!
I switched to the Redblacks because I travel to Ottawa on business sometimes.

But I own one RBs jersey and two Riders jerseys. . .

I'm having a bad day. My Iron Union (Berlin) lost to the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, and now my Ravens are getting hammered. . .

Sigh.

• Sad

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I really enjoyed Duthie's interview with Mike O'Shea (Bomber's HC). I do admire his coaching abilities and he deserves all the credit due him. Under his steady hand the Bombers had an absolutely outstanding season. If they end up hosting the Cup today, I will applaud them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I really enjoyed Duthie's interview with Mike O'Shea (Bomber's HC). I do admire his coaching abilities and he deserves all the credit due him. Under his steady hand the Bombers had an absolutely outstanding season. If they end up hosting the Cup today, I will applaud them.
I will too. I'm mostly watching to see quality play, not having a huge thing for either team.

I absolutely ADORE the Canadian game, and I still wish the NFL would finance expansion and upgrade it. But if it did, I'd worry that it would corrupt the game. Egomaniacs with money do that. . .

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I am going to ignore the game. I hate both of the teams involved. No matter who won I would be upset. So thinking ahead to next year where either the Riders or Argos can be in the cup (or both).
Well IRBS, I respect your decision. CFL football means a lot to me and it has taken a real hit with Covid etc., etc. Even though my team didn't make it, I will still support them. I think it is important and well worth my time.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I will too. I'm mostly watching to see quality play, not having a huge thing for either team.

I absolutely ADORE the Canadian game, and I still wish the NFL would finance expansion and upgrade it. But if it did, I'd worry that it would corrupt the game. Egomaniacs with money do that. . .
I always have and always will oppose expansion, Tec for the very reason you cited. It would be like David without a shot against Goliath. The NFL is just too powerful compared to our wee league. The CFL will either flourish or die on its own and that is the way it should be.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I always have and always will oppose expansion, Tec for the very reason you cited. It would be like David without a shot against Goliath. The NFL is just too powerful compared to our wee league. The CFL will either flourish or die on its own and that is the way it should be.
D'accord.

Still, the NFL coulda made the $CA 30 million loan for a 2020 season when True Dope refused.

Hell, ya could go to a meeting of the NFL owners and find $30 mil in cash in their wallets! Aaron Rodgers could take it out of a year's pay and STILL be richer than you, me, and Bobby McGee put together.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Would you please give us a full list of the sporting events you will be ignoring today? Just fer info.
I'm not really that into the NFL this year. So probably won't watch a game today. Brady vs. Belecheat doesn't really interest me so I will likely be ignoring the superbowl too.

Thanx for your concern about the sporting events I am ignoring. I am touched.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
D'accord.

Still, the NFL coulda made the $CA 30 million loan for a 2020 season when True Dope refused.

Hell, ya could go to a meeting of the NFL owners and find $30 mil in cash in their wallets! Aaron Rodgers could take it out of a year's pay and STILL be richer than you, me, and Bobby McGee put together.
I know and that is why I don't want them here, Tec. They will simply overpower our league with money and money always come with strings attached.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I understand perfectly. And I agree. I know full-well my fantasy is just that.

Still, a one-time loan woudn'ta hurt anybody.
Actually that could be fun. Love to watch the NFL players get used to 3 down ball - should be a hoot. ;);) And let us not forget the extra 30 yards on the field. :oops: I'd tune in for that.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Actually that could be fun. Love to watch the NFL players get used to 3 down ball - should be a hoot. ;);)
Most of the time, the first-down play in the NFL is a "probing" play. Not intended to do much, just gathering intelligence for the next 2 plays.

One of the things I love most, as an adult latecomer to CFL, is the simple fact that every play matters.

(BTW, my Ravens lost, but did enough that they lost with dignity, 24-22. Obviously, I would have preferred a win, but they showed brains and guts.)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
End of the 1rst half and the Cats actually are in the lead 10 - 7. Really like how they have been able to contain Andrew Harris in the first half - if they can keep that up they might just have a chance. Dane was taken out in the 2nd Q after an illegal, actually 2 illegal hits to the head. Mazolie came in and so far, so good. I bet Winnipeg didn't think the score would look like this right now.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: petros

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Now that's how you take advantage of an interception. TD Cats and they take the lead again 17 - 10. Gotta say they are giving the Bombers a game!

Reactions: petros