Anti-vax Terrorists Overwhelm Restaurant, Cause Shutdown

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Driver's licences and passports are PRIVILEGES extended to you by the govt. Were you FORCED to get a licence or a passport? No? Huh, how about that. And of course you DO realize that you can be denied a driver's licence or passport, right?
Quit confusing privileges with rights.
In Ontario, if you are not a driver, you can get a picture id card. My son who has no desire to learn to drive has one. Anybody who does not have a drivers license qualifies for one.

Reactions: mentalfloss

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So going to a certain place is a privilege then. And in order to have access to that privilege, you need to satisfy certain conditions then.

Please, do go on. 🤔
Yes, shockingly to a brain dead leftard slob maybe, international travel is NOT a right, it's a privilege extended to you by both your country and any countries that accept your passport as a legitimate travel document. As for a driver's licence, again, driving is NOT a right. You know what ARE rights? Freedom of assembly and freedom of movement within Canada.
But here's what's thoroughly disgusting about vaccine "passports". One is the name. NO Canadian should need a "passport" to go anywhere in Canada. Two is the fact the govt mandated this bullshit and yet like the chickenshit motherfuckers they are, they're making business owners "police" this shit. And if they fuck up, they'll be held responsible for it.
So much for informed consent and 70%.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
In Ontario, if you are not a driver, you can get a picture id card. My son who has no desire to learn to drive has one. Anybody who does not have a drivers license qualifies for one.
Yeah, it's called an Age of Majority card and nobody forced him to get one. But that's not the point. The point was that driving is a privilege not a right, and that no govt in Canada ever forced a citizen to get a driver's licence (or passport) under threat of not being allowed to go anywhere or do anything in Canada.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, it's called an Age of Majority card and nobody forced him to get one. But that's not the point. The point was that driving is a privilege not a right, and that no govt in Canada ever forced a citizen to get a driver's licence (or passport) under threat of not being allowed to go anywhere or do anything in Canada.
If you don't have a drivers license or an Age of Majority card, you likely won't get served in a bar until you looks like an old fart.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If you don't have a drivers license or an Age of Majority card, you likely won't get served in a bar until you looks like an old fart.
That's because you have to be 19 to legally consume alcohol in Ontario. Last time I checked there was no age restriction regarding dining out, even at a licenced establishment. Access to alcohol isn't a right. Access to food is a fundamental human right. Now, while dining out isn't actually right per se, if grocery stores are forced to pull this vaccine passport shit there WILL be people being denied access to food. Not everyone has access to the internet and/or can get groceries delivered to them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That's because you have to be 19 to legally consume alcohol in Ontario. Last time I checked there was no age restriction regarding dining out, even at a licenced establishment. Access to alcohol isn't a right. Access to food is a fundamental human right. Now, while dining out isn't actually right per se, if grocery stores are forced to pull this vaccine passport shit there WILL be people being denied access to food. Not everyone has access to the internet and/or can get groceries delivered to them.
Access to food is a right. Access to be served chicken at Swiss Challet is not.

In Ontario, grocery stores and essential services are exempt from vaccine passports.

Reactions: mentalfloss

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Access to food is a right. Access to be served chicken at Swiss Challet is not.

In Ontario, grocery stores and essential services are exempt from vaccine passports.
So far. And so far we were promised we could act based on informed consent. So much for that. So far we were also told there'd be no vaccine passport, until there was. As for take out or dine in restaurants not being a right, yer right. Hell, you're preaching to the choir there because In fact I've been dead set against the whole fast food/chain restaurant industry for a couple of decades now. The destruction and waste that industry created is almost criminal. But I digress.

Here's where things get interesting though. If you have a medical exemption for being vaccinated you can still enter premises where the unvaccinated are verboten. Apparently simply having a medical exemption prevents you from spreading Covid if you have it. It's amazing what magical properties little pieces of govt issued paper have, innit?

You see, when you give govts permission to violate your rights over an "emergency", the govt will keep inventing "emergencies" as an excuse to trample your rights.
I mean why not round up all the unvaccinated Canadians, expropriate their properties and ship them off to an internment camp while we're at it?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The biggest anti-vaxxers are those who want to continue with lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing even after everyone has been vaccinated.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Of course it is. Happens all the time. You don't get to go to a ski resort just because you want to. You also have to pay for it.

Right. So vaccination passes are just another way to grant access to certain venues.

End of argument.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We went out to Pizza Hut tonight (my son's favourite sit down restaurant). It was dead. The waiter said it was busy til Tuesday. It would appear the whole idea of showing a piece of paper is turning off a whole bunch of people (at least Pizza Hut patrons). I suspect that it will be temporary as people adjust.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I presume from this you believe a citizen should be able to go to the polls, tell them his name, and get a ballot without ID?
It would be great if all you nazi supporters quit using things that are age-based for your arguments. You don't just have to be a citizen to vote, you have to be 18 as well. To buy alcohol or weed you don't even need to be a citizen but their purchases are still prohibited to those under 19, you'll need ID. Freedom of movement and freedom of assembly are rights that aren't regulated by age or citizenship. But they ARE now being regulated by what is essentially a health apartheid.
And since you're so focused on the meme I posted, let me reiterate something. In Ontario if you have a medical exemption for getting the vaccine, you are NOT prohibited from entering premises where the unvaccinated are otherwise verboten. Paying attention yet? So apparently as long as you have a piece of magical govt paper from a doctor saying you can't take the vaccine, you can't spread Covid if you have it.

So tell me, what's the difference in the chance of getting infected by someone who is willingly unvaccinated vs someone who is exempted from vaccinations?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Unless you have one of those magical exemptions that miraculously prevent you from spreading it if you have it.
We have seen many of the Hoi Poloi use ing those , They were common during the recent election . Emmy’s anyone .