Ontario

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
PC in Nova Scotia with upset win.

Maybe a trend here?

I would love to think so.

BUT........the PCs in NS ran to the left of the Liberals, with the leader claiming publically that he was nothing like Erin O'Toole.. Hardly an ideological shift right.

Yet the Liberal brand took a hit, no doubt.

And the polls were just so far off the mark...........that gives me hope.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Polling cannot be trusted in this day and age what with call display and other factors . When a large part of the population refuses to participate how can one get an accurate picture ?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Polling cannot be trusted in this day and age what with call display and other factors . When a large part of the population refuses to participate how can one get an accurate picture ?
Other factors like not listening. Example: I was a willing participant in phone surveys with one company whose name now escapes me. One day they called while my family and I were eating dinner. I politely informed them it was a bad time for it but to call back. They asked me when the best hours to call were and I told them between noon and 5PM and anytime after 7PM. Well, after that all their fucking calls came between 5Pm and 7PM. Needless to say, I don't do their surveys anymore.
Kind'a reminded me of the last time I ever went to a McDonalds. Ordered a cheeseburger with just mustard and ketchup and they handed me a cheese-less burger with with pickles and onions sans the ketchup and mustard. Literally the exact opposite of what I ordered. I mean never mind the condiment screw up, who the fuck orders a cheeseburger minus the cheese?
The idiot at McDonalds was probably the same idiot now working at the survey company who interpreted 'anytime other than between 5-7pm' to mean only call between 5-7PM.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Other factors like not listening. Example: I was a willing participant in phone surveys with one company whose name now escapes me. One day they called while my family and I were eating dinner. I politely informed them it was a bad time for it but to call back. They asked me when the best hours to call were and I told them between noon and 5PM and anytime after 7PM. Well, after that all their fucking calls came between 5Pm and 7PM. Needless to say, I don't do their surveys anymore.
Kind'a reminded me of the last time I ever went to a McDonalds. Ordered a cheeseburger with just mustard and ketchup and they handed me a cheese-less burger with with pickles and onions sans the ketchup and mustard. Literally the exact opposite of what I ordered. I mean never mind the condiment screw up, who the fuck orders a cheeseburger minus the cheese?
The idiot at McDonalds was probably the same idiot now working at the survey company who interpreted 'anytime other than between 5-7pm' to mean only call between 5-7PM.
reminds me of when dad bought burgers at firepit. he said hold the pickles. he got burgers with just the buns and burger patties. :( :rolleyes: 🍔