Go Woke, Go Broke..

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The big corporations such as NIKE and other companies that joined with the disgraceful " woke" movement are now paying the price!

This is the result of them hiring weak and ineffective leaders that caved from a handful of liberal strong arms that made them feel they didn't have any other choice.

This is what happens when the colleges produce weak spineless coward who cave at the first sign of turmoil!

I beg for all Americans to stand strong and make these companies pay the price..CLEARLY IT IS WORKING!

🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸💪🏻🇺🇸❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

FB_IMG_1623618348827.jpg

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Hollywood and the BBC still haven't figured it out yet. Dr. Who- bombing.
Star Wars- The Rise of Skywalker- nearly universally hated, So much so that even George Lucas is hugely disappointed with how Disney ruined his creation after promising they would respect his work and the Star Wars canon. That promise lasted about as long as it took for the producers to toss his scripts into the waste bin.
Batwoman.- A show so bad Ruby Rose quit after the first season. Not that anyone could mistake Ruby Rose for any kind of superhero.
Thor- Despite being a complete insult to Norse mythology, the hop-heads in charge of the MCU have decided that Chris Hemsworth just couldn't pull off the physique needed to portray the God of Thunder so they're replacing him with 5'3", 118lbs soaking wet, Natalie Portman. Sorry PortPERSON. Yeah, because when I think 'God of Thunder' someone with Portperson's physique is exactly what I imagine.

Cruella- Probably one of the stupidest movies Disney made yet. They try to portray her as some tragically flawed, sympathetic anti-hero who was kept down by the patriarchy or something, We are talking what is probably one of Disney's most reviled characters. I'm not sure how much sympathy anyone can have for a character, fictional or not, that kills puppies, for fun. Anyone who thinks that is a sympathetic character is someone you should NOT trust, with anything.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
There was a pretty interesting discussion on another forum I frequent about the word "woke" and how it has been weaponized by the right. Originally defined in the Oxford Dictionary as "verb - the paste tense of wake; adjective - alert to injustice in society, especially racism.", it has become popular among American conservatives as an insult used mockingly or sarcastically against supporters of causes like BLM.

"Like “politically correct” before it, the word “woke” has come to connote the opposite of what it means. Technically, going by the Merriam-Webster dictionary’s definition, woke means “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”, but today we are more likely to see it being used as a stick with which to beat people who aspire to such values, often wielded by those who don’t recognise how un-woke they are, or are proud of the fact."

How the word ‘woke’ was weaponised by the right

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There was a pretty interesting discussion on another forum I frequent about the word "woke" and how it has been weaponized by the right. Originally defined in the Oxford Dictionary as "verb - the paste tense of wake; adjective - alert to injustice in society, especially racism.", it has become popular among American conservatives as an insult used mockingly or sarcastically against supporters of causes like BLM.

"Like “politically correct” before it, the word “woke” has come to connote the opposite of what it means. Technically, going by the Merriam-Webster dictionary’s definition, woke means “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”, but today we are more likely to see it being used as a stick with which to beat people who aspire to such values, often wielded by those who don’t recognise how un-woke they are, or are proud of the fact."

Could be because those that claim to be "woke" are totally clueless and have no respect for rights, history, or rule of law.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Could be because those that claim to be "woke" are totally clueless and have no respect for rights, history, or rule of law.
Definitely a possibility, although I'm more inclined to believe that we have moved into an age of ignorance, where racists and bullies are claiming their "right to be heard" when the majority of us would have been better off had they stayed under their rocks.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
There is an important distinction between being woke in the traditional meaning of the word, and those simply seeking to be seen as woke. It's more important now than ever to be aware of what is going on around us and for each of us to do our part in correcting what is wrong. Running around painting rainbow sidewalks isn't going to fix anything. And pointing fingers and shouting insults at people with a genuine concern for making the world a better place isn't helping either.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Thats sort of like the left portraying any conservative as a white supremacist. But let's pretend only the right uses labels.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Definitely a possibility, although I'm more inclined to believe that we have moved into an age of ignorance, where racists and bullies are claiming their "right to be heard" when the majority of us would have been better off had they stayed under their rocks.
Majority of YOU?

lol

Seriously: who thf do you think YOU are? A Dick tatoe like" no mask off cam at G7" terdhole?
:)
...just sayin cause it has to be said...

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Seriously: who thf do you think YOU are?
Not a member of some extremist fringe group who thinks the right to free speech is a ticket to usurp the will of the majority. Who thf do you think you are ? I'm not talking everyone with conservative views, and I don't speak for everyone with liberal views. I'm talking directly to mannerless blowhards who think being louder or ruder than the other guy gives them a bigger vote. You fit that bill often enough, are name-calling and insults legitimate tools of discussion in your opinion?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Uhhh yeah. "Woke" means expecting society to pay for your mistakes. "Woke" means 'I don't believe in personal responsibility'. "Woke" means never admitting you're wrong. "Woke" means collective group-think. Free and independent thought are NOT welcome. "Woke" means creating even deeper racial and class divisions. "Woke" means erasing everything created or built by straight White males in the Western World. "Woke" is about taking a single negative aspect of a person and making that person all about that one single negative aspect. Its' called "dehumanizing those you oppose".

But ultimately "woke" is just another term the ALT-left uses to try and convince everyone of their alleged superior morality and intellect. But it's just smoke and mirrors because the moment you challenge them all they can manage to do is impotently call you a racist. Sorry Nick but I have yet to see a single ALT-leftard intelligently and cogently argue their beliefs.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Not at all, but let's not pretend that white supremacists don't exist, or that they haven't become more aggressive in the last few years.
Yeah, and let's not pretend that shit isn't happening in direct response to the rise of ALT-left. JUST like it did in Europe.
Learn from history? Nahhh f*ck that, we'll just edit and erase the parts of history we don't like so people are condemned to repeat it. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Uhhh yeah. "Woke" means expecting society to pay for your mistakes. "Woke" means 'I don't believe in personal responsibility'. "Woke" means never admitting you're wrong. "Woke" means collective group-think. Free and independent thought are NOT welcome. "Woke" means creating even deeper racial and class divisions. "Woke" means erasing everything created or built by straight White males in the Western World. "Woke" is about taking a single negative aspect of a person and making that person all about that one single negative aspect. Its' called "dehumanizing those you oppose".

But ultimately "woke" is just another term the ALT-left uses to try and convince everyone of their alleged superior morality and intellect. But it's just smoke and mirrors because the moment you challenge them all they can manage to do is impotently call you a racist. Sorry Nick but I have yet to see a single ALT-leftard intelligently and cogently argue their beliefs.
Odd that the new meaning you describe above has come from the right, as if it's some sort of justification for ignoring social injustice. Insult is the first line of defense when the right moves to defend what is ultimately an indefensible position.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Yeah, and let's not pretend that shit isn't happening in direct response to the rise of ALT-left. JUST like it did in Europe.
Learn from history? Nahhh f*ck that, we'll just edit and erase the parts of history we don't like so people are condemned to repeat it. But I'm sure it'll be fine.
What, they should just mind their place ? If God had meant for them to be equal he would have made them white ? The rise of the Alt-left is a direct response to a few centuries of injustice. It was inevitable.