Canada’s cultural re-alignment

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tough question. The situation evolved very quickly in the beginning and there was a lot of conflicting information. It's easy to criticize looking backwards, but for the most part we are getting ahead of it now. Interesting that the two remaining hotspots in the country are areas where the resistance to safety measures is the strongest, Alberta and Ontario, both Conservative strongholds as well if that has anything to do with it.
There is still a lot of conflicting information , unfortunately your government and their lapdog media will not let you see it .
Notice how well those two Republican strongholds in the states are handling it ? Take me out to the ball game take me out with the Crowd . Well that cesspool to our south is heading for complete lifting of restrictions we out here are finally allowing children’s sport albeit no spectators . Isn’t that wonderful 50 odd people wanting to watch their children play outside are not allowed , while just across the border one can watch a ball game in a crowded stadium . Why do we here so little of this ?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The US is at a point where over 40% of their population is fully vaccinated, and their new case numbers reflect that. Canada has been concentrating on getting everyone who wants it their first dose, and has struggled with supply issues more than the US. The US is now meeting resistance to vaccination among those who haven't had any doses yet. Canada is seeing resistance as well as government puzzles over how to reach these people. Prominent politicians in Canada are using an anti-mask/anti-lockdown platform as a route to political popularity, while officials in the medical community are saying if we can't reach a vaccination level somewhere between 75 and 90 percent, we may never see the end of this.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Did anyone stop & consider we aren’t good at following authoritarian orders because a lot of us was raised in a free country.

No one even think that made free & open debate that much more important too tge success of the whole outcome of this crisis?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The US is at a point where over 40% of their population is fully vaccinated, and their new case numbers reflect that. Canada has been concentrating on getting everyone who wants it their first dose, and has struggled with supply issues more than the US. The US is now meeting resistance to vaccination among those who haven't had any doses yet. Canada is seeing resistance as well as government puzzles over how to reach these people. Prominent politicians in Canada are using an anti-mask/anti-lockdown platform as a route to political popularity, while officials in the medical community are saying if we can't reach a vaccination level somewhere between 75 and 90 percent, we may never see the end of this.
That must mean we will forever be in lockdown mode .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Glad you have your vaccine , hope it keeps you safe . My immunity has worked so far , so I will stay with what works .

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
How can that be Possible when Italians have used anti body in blood of recovering patients to effectively immunise the rest of the population in their country?

the Amish have reached hurd immunity 6 months ago? Who the hell are these kack doctors you get your information from?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Glad you have your vaccine , hope it keeps you safe . My immunity has worked so far , so I will stay with what works .
You'll never know if natural immunity has protected you so far or if it's just luck...
I've always thought that if you're healthy and active and you don't tempt fate by hanging out in crowds your natural resistance to multiple types of germs should protect you,,,,,,,But why take the chance ,,and since my wife and ! are past procreation age, the vaccine won't affect anyone but us.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If I get sick there is a 99.999% chance of recovery , pretty good odds where I come from .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Tough question. The situation evolved very quickly in the beginning and there was a lot of conflicting information. It's easy to criticize looking backwards, but for the most part we are getting ahead of it now. Interesting that the two remaining hotspots in the country are areas where the resistance to safety measures is the strongest, Alberta and Ontario, both Conservative strongholds as well if that has anything to do with it.
It has dick all to do with it because you're wrong. When talking about cases per 1 million people, Alberta, Quebec and SK are the big three in that order. But I do like your lame attempt at implying the numbers have something to do with "conservativism". Look at Toronto, a Liberal stronghold (federally) and yet the dumb shits were out in force for the holiday weekend filling up parks and setting off fireworks.

But you know what's REALLY interesting? Hearing all the Trudeau toadies and leftards whine about people not obeying the lockdown despite the fact they had dick all to say last year when Nathan Phillips Square was occupied by protestors in the middle of a lockdown to protest something that happened in a foreign country. Protesting for the rights of a dead American in the US is apparently far FAR more important that protesting the abrogation of rights in our own country.

Reactions: DaSleeper

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
See thats what public debate determine. If you see 50% isn’t too hot with the idea of vaccines, then you can say. Let’s go for a anti body approche. But we didn’t have a free open debate. And now our plan is doomed to failure because we didn’t include everyone in the decision making.

if you want good buy in you need free open debate. Something we really haven’t seen any of about this health crisis

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Here’s a great way to run a free country. Let’s not be open and let’s not ask what people want. Then force our decision down their throats & then de-humanise them for not going along with our decision we didn’t include them into making. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Liberal Feminist

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Anti vaxer? Where’s your proof ? Pussy

here comes the victim card after casting the first stone 😂
You sounded like a an anti-vaxxer pushing herd immunity over vaccines. I'm sorry if I misread the things you were trying to say.

The two aren't comparable, but hey you wanted to go there and you did now you're excusing it and will continue to so so.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Here’s a great way to run a free country. Let’s not be open and let’s not ask what people want. Then force our decision down their throats & then de-humanise them for not going along with our decision we didn’t include them into making. 👍
LOL Really okay so much for basic laws, safety standards, industry standards, health care, drugs... ect.

You're right on brand.