Trump 2024

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

A member of the House Republican leadership team has been whipping votes for New York Rep. Elise Stefanik to replace House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney as the third-ranking GOP member.

Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.) told The Post on Tuesday that he is confident the upstate New York congresswoman has the support needed to obtain the position.

Cheney has come under fire for her criticisms of former President Donald Trump and split with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), with a conference vote expected as soon as next week to determine whether she will retain her post.

Stefanik, 36, a former chair of the moderate Tuesday Group who played a leading role in defending Trump during his impeachment hearings, has a close working relationship with McCarthy — and GOP lawmakers said they feel a female member should replace Cheney should she be ousted from her leadership role.

“I don’t know how many members have been on the whipping efforts but I’ve been actively engaged whipping for Elise Stefanik and the reason that I think we need Elise, is if you just look at what Elise has done, she’s proven that she gets this on the merits,” Reschenthaler said.

“She was amazing when Trump was facing impeachment, she was one of his biggest defenders and she did that very well, so she has a command of the messaging, which is obviously important for conference chair.”

Reschenthaler said that from his talks with members, he believes the New York Republican is the likely successor to Cheney, noting the members he’s spoken with are pushing for a younger, pro-Trump voice to fill the position.

“I think Elise has the votes after talking to people — the fact that [Republican Study Committee Chairman] Jim Banks [R-Ind.] is not running opens a huge lane for Elise,” he continued. .....More

Reactions: Danbones

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I hope he doesn't run in 2024 - why put his family through that. I do hope that whomever runs for the Presidency will be someone who carries Trumps policies forward in order to save the U.S. Admittedly, it may well be too late tho'.

The Leftists are imposing their ideology at an incredible rate knowing that most Americans don't like what they have to offer. Trump's policies, however, are good ones and everyone benefits. I'm sure there's a lot of regrets in voting for Biden now knowing what he has done and plans to do. So much for being a "moderate" - he lied!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I hope he doesn't run in 2024 - why put his family through that. I do hope that whomever runs for the Presidency will be someone who carries Trumps policies forward in order to save the U.S. Admittedly, it may well be too late tho'.

The Leftists are imposing their ideology at an incredible rate knowing that most Americans don't like what they have to offer. Trump's policies, however, are good ones and everyone benefits. I'm sure there's a lot of regrets in voting for Biden now knowing what he has done and plans to do. So much for being a "moderate" - he lied!!
Lying is a Democrats default position .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

If Trump were to run in 2024, a new poll shows he will easily win

Trump says he has done 'limited media' so America can see how much of a 'disaster' Biden is with inflation, the border and the Middle East - as new poll shows half of Republicans still think he is the 'true' president

• Former President Trump hit back at reports his website was struggling for traffic
  • 'I have been doing very limited media so the American public could see just how big of a disaster the Biden administration has been,' he said
  • He again teased plans for a new social media platform
  • And he chastised media for not reporting that 'Joe Biden is of no interest to anybody'
  • 53% of Republicans believe Trump is the 'true president,' according to Ipsos/Reuters poll
By ROB CRILLY IN NEW YORK FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 19:25 EDT, 24 May 2021 | UPDATED: 20:09 EDT, 24 May 2021

Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
If he runs with DeSantis...maybe with Owens. Haha, or maybe even Tulsi Gabbard might even switch horses too.
;)

If a few voting irregularities in a couple of crooked states get straightened out.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Biden 2021!!! The irony is they accused Trump of becoming the Dictator when in fact it's Biden who has become one. Funny that....but typical of the Dems. Accuse others of what you are guilty of doing & they've actually become quite successful at it. However, over time, it's becoming more & more clear of exactly what it is the Dems have planned & it ain't good people!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
All of whom are wealthier now than before they got into politics. They're adept at lining their own pockets, that's for sure. This is why term limits are crucial. Doesn't have to be 4 or 10 years; it could be 15 but there needs to be a limit because too much corruption happens when one gets too comfortable with their power.