Matt Gaetz

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

WaPo report today

Gaetz investigation complicated by overture to his father about ex-FBI agent who went missing

The Washington Post Admits Matt Gaetz Is Telling the Truth, and Their Spin Is Just Incredible

U.S. Attorney Letter Confirms Rep. Gaetz’s Version Of Events In Bizarre ‘Sex Trafficking’ Story.

“I can confirm that your client is working with my office as well as the FBI at the government’s request in order to determine if a federal crime has been committed. This has been discussed with, and approved by, the FBI as well as the leadership of my office and components of Main Justice.”

The response followed a Gaetz family lawyer sending the following in a March 25th email:

“My client, Don Gaetz, was approached by two individuals to make a sizable payment in what I would call a scheme to defraud. The FBI is not asking Don to voluntarily and proactively assist in their investigation, which Don is willing to do. Please confirm that your Office and the FBI would like Don’s assistance in this matter and that he will be working at the Government’s request.”

The emails follow The New York Times publishing an article – “Matt Gaetz Is Said to Face Justice Dept. Inquiry Over Sex With an Underage Girl” – that accused the congressman of being in a sexual relationship with an underage girl and appear to confirm the story outlined by Rep. Gaetz’s on Tucker Carlson Tonight.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Pretty much debunked and it is wait and see what all comes out

Here's why it wasn't reported until Serryah made the gotcha thread, the very next day this came out

Documents detail wild alleged $25M Gaetz extortion scheme

Rep. Matt Gaetz possesses text message screenshots, an email, and a typed document that purportedly support his claims that a federal investigation into his relationship with a 17-year-old is related to an extortion scheme against him.

On Tuesday, the New York Times reported that the Justice Department is investigating whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid her to travel with him. Gaetz has called the report "totally false." Gaetz told Axios that his lawyers told him that he "was not a target but a subject of an investigation regarding sexual conduct with women."

The Florida Republican countered the report on Twitter and in statements to Axios and Fox News with a claim that his family is being extorted for $25 million and that the people pushing stories about an investigation into his relationships with women are the people extorting him and the subjects of an FBI extortion investigation over the last few weeks.

The documents in Gaetz's possession detail an alleged scheme that revolves around attempts by former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent and Beggs & Lane attorney David McGee, a former federal prosecutor, to free ex-FBI agent-turned-private investigator Robert Levinson from imprisonment in Iran.

Levinson family. Kent in December 2018 had planned a secret mission to try to rescue Levinson, but he was reportedly thwarted by the federal government.

Screenshots provided to the Washington Examiner show a message that his father, Don Gaetz, a former Florida state Senate president, said he received from Kent on March 16. The message proposes “a plan that can make [Matt Gaetz’s] future legal and political problems go away.” Gaetz has denied any relationship with a minor.

Despite the family members of Levinson saying in March 2020 that they presumed him to be dead based on information given by U.S. officials, the alleged message from Kent said he had located Levinson in Iran and has two “proof of life videos.” Kent also requested the Gaetz family’s help returning Levinson in exchange for giving Matt Gaetz credit for the operation and promising a presidential pardon for unnamed legal issues.

The next day, on March 17, Don Gaetz purportedly met with Kent, and Kent handed him a three-page document outlining “Project Homecoming.” That document detailed a plan to save Levinson at the cost of a $25 million loan.

In 1983, Don Gaetz co-founded VITAS Healthcare, and in 2004, he and his co-founders reportedly sold their stock in the company for $406 million.

In the Project Homecoming document, Kent then asked that the loan should be deposited in the trust account of Beggs & Land, naming David L. McGee, and deposited no later than March 19.

The Project Homecoming document states that Gaetz is “under investigation by the FBI for various public corruption and public integrity issues” and alleges that the FBI is aware of photos depicting Gaetz in a “sexual orgy with underage prostitutes.”

“In exchange for the funds being arranged, and upon the release of Mr. Levinson, the team that delivers Mr. Levinson to the President of The United States shall strongly advocate that President Biden issue a Presidential Pardon, or instruct the Department of Justice to terminate any and all investigations involving Congressman Gaetz," the document reads.

It also implied that the White House has some knowledge of the plan: "The team has been assured by the President that he will strongly consider such matters because he considers the release of Robert Levinson a matter of National Urgency." The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Stephen M. Alford, who has previously faced fraud and extortion charges, was also allegedly at the March 17 meeting and gave Don Gaetz his business card showing Captum Consultants. The April 2020 articles of incorporation for the company indicate they came from Beggs & Land, McGee’s firm.

Kent, McGee, and Alford did not respond to requests for comment.

McGee told the Daily Beast on Tuesday night, following Gaetz naming him on national television, that any claims that he or his law firm were involved in extortion are "completely, totally false," adding, “This is a blatant attempt to distract from the fact that Matt Gaetz is apparently about to be indicted for sex trafficking underage girls.”

Another email chain appears to confirm the existence of the FBI investigating extortion claims.

“My client, Don Gaetz, was approached by two individuals to make a sizable payment in what I would call a scheme to defraud,” Jeffrey Neiman said in a March 25 email to the Department of Justice. “The FBI is not asking Don to voluntarily and proactively assist in their investigation, which Don is willing to do. Please confirm that your Office and the FBI would like Don’s assistance in this matter and that he will be working at the Government’s request.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney David Goldberg responded: “I can confirm that your client is working with my office as well as the FBI at the government’s request in order to determine if a federal crime has been committed. This has been discussed with, and approved by, the FBI as well as the leadership of my office and components of Main Justice.”

The Department of Justice and the FBI declined to comment on the email or the existence of an extortion investigation. Neiman also declined to comment.

Gaetz email 2.png

Provided to the Washington Examiner

Gaetz on Fox News Tuesday night said his father wore a wire in order to assist with the case, and he demanded that the “Department of Justice and the FBI release the audio recordings that were made under their supervision and at their direction, which will prove my innocence.”

He suspects that a leak to the New York Times story about the investigation into whether he had a relationship with a 17-year-old was timed to thwart the FBI investigation into the extortion.

“This former Department of Justice official tomorrow was supposed to be contacted by my father so that specific instructions could be given regarding the wiring of $4.5 million as a down payment on this bribe,” Gaetz said. “I don’t think it’s a coincidence that tonight, somehow, the New York Times is leaking this information, smearing me, and ruining the investigation that would likely result in one of the former colleagues of the current DOJ being brought to justice for trying to extort me and my family.”

The 17-year-old in question "doesn't exist," Gaetz said, adding that he has "not had a relationship with a 17-year-old. That is totally false.”
First, not a gotcha piece, just posting it up to see if anyone was going to say he should be considered guilty until proven innocent, like what usually happens if the cards are on the left side of things.

I also said I wasn't sure if he was guilty of extortion or not. Nor the Paedophilia thing. Pretty sure if this was from some Democrat you'd be cawing all over it by now about how they're guilty.

Considering that A) this came from an investigation to an ally who is also facing sex trafficking they were following the leads and B) I'll wait to see if he really is charged before commenting my opinion.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
When was it started under Barr?

"The case, which reached the highest levels of the Justice Department, has been going on for nearly a year and former Attorney General William Barr was briefed on the matter several times, the people said. Investigators have also interviewed several witnesses in the case and have been scrutinizing documents, including travel and financial records, the people said."

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What gets me that is if his family WAS being extorted for cash, why the HELL would he admit to his dad wearing a wire before the investigation is finished? I mean, he's not that stupid to blurt out something that could ruin the case, is he?

(well yes he is but...)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So for a year this has been going on, and apparently he's been a sleeze ball even by the standards of his coworkers.

If any of it is true... wow...

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

So either someone's extorting him/trying to extort him/his family, or he's a pedophile.

Where's the outcry from people here on this?

If it were Clinton or any other lefty, would there be silence then, too? Just curious.

Also he's linked Tucker Carlson into all this. I'd feel sorry for Tuck but... nah.

yawn.. no news.. move on..

Let's talk about Biden touching little girls tits

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So some of the reports I've heard about this have Gaetz taking drugs and being with women who want sugar daddies.

That dhit I don't care about so long as they're adults.

But this 17 year old is a different story. If he's guilty, he should get the same treatment as Epstein's POS cunt - death.

Also I wonder if Q is looking at the wrong party for this Pedo/sex trafficking thing with kids...

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
First, not a gotcha piece, just posting it up to see if anyone was going to say he should be considered guilty until proven innocent, like what usually happens if the cards are on the left side of things.

I also said I wasn't sure if he was guilty of extortion or not. Nor the Paedophilia thing. Pretty sure if this was from some Democrat you'd be cawing all over it by now about how they're guilty.

Considering that A) this came from an investigation to an ally who is also facing sex trafficking they were following the leads and B) I'll wait to see if he really is charged before commenting my opinion.
I have always said wait until after the investigation no matter political party

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
What gets me that is if his family WAS being extorted for cash, why the HELL would he admit to his dad wearing a wire before the investigation is finished? I mean, he's not that stupid to blurt out something that could ruin the case, is he?

(well yes he is but...)
The case was blown by the NYT leak if you were reading the article posted above.

CNN is now just smearing him in the article it evens writes has nothing to do with the investigation but....

Rep. Matt Gaetz shared nudes of his sex partners with fellow congressmen: CNN

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The New York Times Goes Full-Blown “East German Stasi” to Destroy Matt Gaetz
April 2, 2021 (3h ago)

Is Gaetz guilty of a crime? Right now, nobody has produced any evidence of one. On the other hand, there is ample evidence the story is more complicated than the Times originally reported. It’s also possible that, like with the Russian collusion hoax, these spectacular allegations are just an excuse for an all-purpose fishing expedition, which could be used to justify a politically-motivated prosecution for “lying to federal investigators.”

But another possibility exists: The attack against Gaetz is an act of “Zersetzung,” a tactic for crushing dissent invented by the East German Stasi secret police.

Twitter user Heywood Floyd recently described the meaning of “Zersetzung,” variously translated as “disintegration” or “decomposition” in a wildly popular twitter thread. He compares the East German Stasi tactic with modern-day cancel culture.

Just as the Stasi itself advised, the attack is based on a kernel of truth. Gaetz is a known associate of Joel Greenberg, a Florida politician and activist who has been indicted on more than a dozen charges from sex trafficking to stalking to manufacturing fake IDs. From that known association, the Times is inviting readers to consider extreme allegations about Gaetz himself. The attack itself is so salacious that it hardly even matters if it is true. Planting the seed of doubt is intended to damage Gaetz for life. The whole point of such attacks is to end his potential political future, and prevent him from ever working again.

Much more in the article if you are interested in reading all sides

• Haha

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Question TM : why aren't you turning yourself inside out to defend Epstein's girlfriend? After all, her stuff is only allegedly, too. Or Prince Andrew?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Question TM : why aren't you turning yourself inside out to defend Epstein's girlfriend? After all, her stuff is only allegedly, too. Or Prince Andrew?
Haven't you checked out the Epstein thread?

I haven't defended Gaetz yet, I did write to wait to see what the investigation turns up

• Haha

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Kinda funny watching the MAGAhats throwing red herrings around like a fisherman on crack. ANYTHING to divert attention from the fact that compensating a minor to cross state lines for sexual purposes is a Federal felony.

And, of course, what it says about him (and them) as men.

Leave it to a "conservative" like Gaetz to get hung up on something as traditional as a Mann Act beef.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yuck.. but I'm starting to think you feel left out, maybe you and Gaetz 😉

LOL!!! Jealous of what, you and Gaetz being desperate to chase after everything?

No, was asking if you were jealous that Biden gets attention for 'touching titties' or whatever.