Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That was how he earned his living prior to leaving the U.K.

Before he left the Army after 10 years' service, Prince Harry was a qualified pilot. ... Not only did Prince Harry pass his pilot course, he was chosen to fly "on merit" for the Army Air Corps and was "head and shoulders above his peers".Sep. 27, 2017

But most of his time was spent doing his royal duties - you know, as a member of the Royal Family - like being patron of charities and opening hospitals, and we all know he's going to do exactly the same but in America. He's America's prince now. America now has its own prince doing his royal duties, but from a royal palace in Santa Barbara (with 16 bathrooms) rather than London.

Also, I'm not too sure that even Americans would take too kindly to Meghan and Harry lecturing us about climate change and carbon footprints when Harry is flying a helicopter everyday.

On that score, if Harry doesn't get flying again soon he'll lose his license.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1616676098004.png

🤦‍♂️ You Won’t Believe What Harry & Meghan Have Done Now! 😱 Clueless Disingenuous Whippersnappers​

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
TV movie about Harry and Meghan's split with Royal Family being developed
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Mar 25, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
Article content
The Duke and Duchess Of Sussex’s dramatic exit from the Royal Family is to be chronicled in a new TV movie.

Lifetime bosses in America are developing a project focused on the couple, titled Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace.

This will be the third movie about the pair made by the network, which aired Harry & Meghan in 2018 and Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal in 2019.

The new film will revolve around much of what Duchess Meghan said in her recent TV tell-all with Oprah Winfrey as she confessed to feeling isolated and suicidal in the months following her wedding to Prince Harry as the British tabloid media took aim at her.

According to Deadline sources, the film will also take a look at the Duke of Sussex’s strained relationship with his brother, Prince William, and father, Prince Charles.

Production is slated to begin later this spring and the movie is scheduled for release later this year.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
BATTLE ROYAL: Meghan Markle 'will be dreading' tell-all tome
Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Mar 25, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Oh, oh. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are unlikely to get the easy ride they got from Oprah in a new tell-all.
Oh, oh. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are unlikely to get the easy ride they got from Oprah in a new tell-all. PHOTO BY BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS,KENA BETANCUR /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Tom Bower has a mountain of celebrity scalps nailed to his wall.

Now, the famed poison-pen biographer has Meghan Markle firmly in his sights.

Bower has signed a six-figure deal to write a tell-all on the intensely litigious former Suits actress, the Daily Mail reports.

In the past, Bower has written blistering bios on Prince Charles, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and disgraced press baron Robert Maxwell.

The book is expected to be in stark contrast to the softball Finding Freedom written by the couple’s hagiographer, Omid Scobie.

Bower plans on spending a year speaking to friends and enemies of Markle and her husband, Prince Harry.

“This is the book Meghan will be dreading,” a source told the U.K. Sun.

“Tom doesn’t pull his punches, and is terrifyingly thorough in his research. No stone will be left unturned.”

Meghan Markle is unlikely to be pleased to learn she is the target of a new tell-all bio.
Meghan Markle is unlikely to be pleased to learn she is the target of a new tell-all bio. PHOTO BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS /AFP via Getty Images
Simon and Schuster has reportedly won the bidding war for the book, but Bower will have to soldier on without the couple’s cooperation.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“She wants no part of it. Given the events of recent weeks and months, this book will be dynamite — he reckons this is just the tip of the iceberg, and more will emerge over the next 12 months,” the U.K. Sun’s source said.

Bower’s first stop will likely be member’s of the Duchess of Sussex’s estranged family. Palace staff are also expected to be queried about Markle’s reported bullying.

Finding Freedom was slammed for its gushing praise and inside knowledge of the pair. Harry and Meghan said they did not participate in writing the book.

Meanwhile, Markle’s legal machinations have bankrupted one of the oldest and best-known photo agencies.

Splash News & Picture Agency said it filed for bankruptcy because of the costly legal battle with Markle.

The privacy battle was over photos taken during a “private family outing” in British Columbia when the couple lived in Canada.

According to the New York Post, the snapshots were taken with a long lens and showed Markle walking her dogs and son Archie.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

An image from Jessica Mulroney's Instagram page
Birthday flowers put the lie to Markle-Mulroney rift
In this file photo taken March 9, 2020, Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Britain's Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Britain's Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London.
Prince Harry talks to Prince William, father for first time since Oprah interview
Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle.
BRAUN: Markle family continues to define distasteful public behaviour

Splash said it believes Markle brought the lawsuit on behalf of her son in a bid “designed to destroy the business.”

But Splash said it intends to soldier on under bankruptcy protection.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
HEIR WAR! Prince Albert hammers Harry, Markle over Oprah
Albert, 63, said any blood-letting should have been behind closed doors with the queen and other royals

Publishing date:Mar 26, 2021 • 10 hours ago • 2 minute read • 13 Comments
So, then the queen says... This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
So, then the queen says... This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP
Article content
At least one royal isn’t holding his tongue when it comes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s bean-spilling sit down with Oprah Winfrey.

Prince Albert II of Monaco has lambasted the “inappropriate” interview telling the BBC it “bothered him.”

TV movie about Harry and Meghan's split with Royal Family being developed

Trackerdslogo

Albert, 63, said any blood-letting should have been behind closed doors with the queen and other royals.

Airing their “public display of dissatisfaction… wasn’t appropriate” in the pally chat with Oprah wasn’t particularly dignified, Albert said, while adding he understands the pressures the couple faced.

“It’s very difficult to be in someone’s place. I can understand the pressures that they were under,” Albert told the BBC.

Prince Albert of Monaco at a charity presser at the Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
Prince Albert of Monaco at a charity presser at the Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
“But I think that this type of public display of dissatisfaction, to say the least, these type of conversations should be held within the intimate quarters of the family and it doesn’t really have to be laid out in the public sphere like that.”

He added: “So, it did bother me a little bit. I can understand where they are coming from in a certain way, but I think it wasn’t the appropriate forum to be able to have these kind of discussions.”

Meanwhile, Prince Harry has embarked on a second make work job as “commissioner on disinformation” for the Aspen Institute.

However, Prince Albert wished the ginger-haired royal good luck in his new California life.

But there was a but. Albert noted that without the support of the royal family back in the UK, things might get tough.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“I wish him the best, but it’s a difficult world out there and I hope that he can have the judgement and wisdom to make the right choices,” Albert said.

Meanwhile, a new survey reveals that Harry and Meghan are more popular in the U.S. than the U.K.

The Oprah sit down didn’t harm their standing in the U.S. with the Piplsay poll showing that 48% of Americans believing the tell-all will help their image.

About 50% of Brits believe the interview will harm their brand.

However, 50% of Americans believe the couple deserved to be stripped of their titles. In the U.K., 66% wanted the titles kicked to the curb.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1616854421278.png

Sharon Osbourne SACKED Over Piers & Meghan 😢 MSM Finished 🤦‍♂️ Free Speech CANCELLED FOREVER​

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne departs 'The Talk' after racism allegations
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Mar 26, 2021 • 23 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
According to multiple sources, TV personality Sharon Osbourne is leaving CBS's "The Talk" following her on-air comments on the March 10, 2021 broadcast defending Piers Morgan in the wake of his comments on Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah, and Osbourne's treatment of her co-hosts during the broadcast. The show had been on hiatus as an internal inquiry was conducted.
According to multiple sources, TV personality Sharon Osbourne is leaving CBS's "The Talk" following her on-air comments on the March 10, 2021 broadcast defending Piers Morgan in the wake of his comments on Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah, and Osbourne's treatment of her co-hosts during the broadcast. The show had been on hiatus as an internal inquiry was conducted. PHOTO BY FRAZER HARRISON /Getty Images
Article content
Sharon Osbourne will not return to her U.S. daytime show The Talk when it resumes production next month, following an on-air controversy and allegations of racism.

The outspoken Brit has decided to quit The Talk panel after coming under fire for her defence of newsman pal Piers Morgan’s verbal attack on Meghan, Duchess of Sussex on the March 10 episode of the series.

During the segment, co-host Sheryl Underwood attempted to suggest Morgan’s comments about the royal’s tabloid torment, made on Good Morning Britain, were racist, but Osbourne became upset, claiming the outburst inferred that the rock matriarch was a racist for stating Morgan was paid to have an opinion.

“I feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend who many people think is racist, so that makes me a racist,” Osbourne grumbled, although she subsequently apologized for the exchange the next day on Twitter.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Ozzy Osbourne’s wife came under further attack as former The Talk co-hosts Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini accused her of using racially-insensitive and homophobic language behind the scenes of the show – allegations she blasted as a “setup”.

Network bosses at CBS put The Talk on hiatus days later, as they launched an investigation into the whole drama, and now they have announced Osbourne has chosen to exit the programme after 11 seasons.

In a statement, they declared: “The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behaviour toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace. We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.

“At the same time, we acknowledge the Network and Studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast as it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.

“During this week’s hiatus, we are coordinating workshops, listening sessions and training about equity, inclusion and cultural awareness for the hosts, producers and crew. Going forward, we are identifying plans to enhance the producing staff and producing procedures to better serve the hosts, the production and, ultimately, our viewers.”

The Talk is set to return to the air on April 12.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Piers Morgan renews Meghan Markle attack, rages against 'woke brigade'
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Mar 29, 2021 • 8 hours ago • 4 minute read • 48 Comments
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Piers Morgan are pictured in this combination photo.
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Piers Morgan are pictured in this combination photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE/HANDOUT AND TOBY MELVILLE /Reuters photos
Article content
Piers Morgan is certainly giving people plenty to talk about.

Weeks after the embattled Good Morning Britain co-host was forced to step aside— after he said he “didn’t believe a word” of Meghan Markle’s racism claims in an interview with Oprah Winfrey— Morgan has doubled down on his criticism of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in a scathing op-ed that appeared in the U.K.’s Mail on Sunday.

The Duchess told Winfrey she had experienced racism while as a member of the royal household and that she had felt suicidal and was offered no help from Buckingham Palace

In his lengthy column, Morgan addresses the backlash he received for doubting the couple and also writes about how some of his friends, including The Talk personality Sharon Osbourne, found themselves cancelled by the “the ultra-woke crowd in Hollywood” for defending him.

But Morgan also took digs at Prince Harry after he alleged that his father cut off his money and security.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I expected such disingenuous, self-serving wrecking-ball stuff from a social-climbing Hollywood actress like Ms. Markle, but for Harry to publicly shred his family and the Monarchy like this, while Prince Philip was seriously ill in hospital, is so out of character for a man who once bravely served his Queen and country in war,” Morgan wrote.

The former America’s Got Talent judge also dismissed several bombshells in the couple’s interview with Winfrey, including Meghan’s insistence that she never Googled Harry when they first met and her assertion that their son Archie did not receive a Prince title because of the colour of his skin.

“It sounded complete nonsense when she said it, and it is; he’s not a Prince because, technically, the great grandchildren of the Monarch are not bestowed with titles ‘Princes’ or ‘Princess’ unless they’re in the direct line to the throne … regardless of the child’s mother’s ethnicity.”

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
Morgan wrote that he was “angry to the point of boiling over” the morning after the couple’s interview aired.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The 55-year-old British TV personality also took on critics who accused him of “bullying” Meghan over her race. “It didn’t matter that I’ve never said anything racist about her or that my only comments about her race have been to repeatedly say how great it was that a bi-racial woman married into the Royal Family.”

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Activist Candace Owens speaks to guests during the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum at the 148th NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits on April 26, 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Candace Owens rips Meghan Markle over racism claims: 'She's a typical leftist'
Megyn Kelly attends The 2017 Mirror Awards at Cipriani 42nd Street on June 13, 2017 in New York City.
Megyn Kelly blasts 'woke' Meghan Markle supporters, deletes gun-packing Queen meme
Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly trashes Meghan Markle: 'We're supposed to feel sorry for you?'
According to multiple sources, TV personality Sharon Osbourne is leaving CBS's
Journalist and television presenter Piers Morgan smiles as he walks near his house, after he left his high-profile breakfast slot with the broadcaster ITV, following his long-running criticism of Prince Harry's wife Meghan, in London, March 10, 2021.
Dumped British TV host Piers Morgan pours more scorn on Meghan's claims

Asserting that Meghan hasn’t been treated any worse than other royal brides, including the late Princess Diana, Morgan alleged that the “Twitter troll mob” has targeted his sons with one angry social media user threatening to kill him in front of them.

Morgan also defended his friend Osbourne, who supported him on a segment of The Talk earlier this month.

“What’s happened to @MrsSOsbourne is an absolute disgrace that shames CBS,” he tweeted. “Bullied out of her job for defending me against an invented slur of racism because I don’t believe a liar.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

In his Sunday column, Morgan continued his defence of Osbourne, who stepped down from The Talk on last Friday following her on-air row with co-host Sheryl Underwood after the latter accused him of being a racist.

“Educate me, tell me when you have heard him say racist things?” Osbourne said in an exchange with Underwood. “I very much feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend, who many people think is a racist, so that makes me a racist?” Osbourne later tweeted an apology that declared she does not condone “racism, misogyny or bullying.”

Markle, Morgan wrote, is “just one of the many whiny, privileged, hypocritical celebrities who now cynically exploit victimhood to suppress free speech, value their own version of the truth over the actual truth, and seek to cancel anyone that deviates from their woke world view …”

Morgan added that he could have kept his job with British broadcaster ITV if he had been willing to apologize, but he opted against doing that when he realized one mea culpa would just lead to the “woke cancel culture” demanding more.

“The woke brigade would keep coming for me, demanding I apologize for everything else they find offensive — which of course, is absolutely everything.”

Concluding his rundown of the past few weeks, Morgan ended by invoking a Winston Churchill quote and taking direct aim at liberals looking to silence dissenting opinions.

“It’s time to cancel the cancel culture before it kills our culture.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Both lost their jobs for sharing their opinions. Can't do that these days.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Meghan Markle treated 'no worse' than Diana, other royals: Piers Morgan
Markle has publicly lambasted the royal family via her pally chat with Oprah Winfrey and leaks to People

Publishing date:Mar 29, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
So, then the queen says... This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
So, then the queen says... This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP
Article content
Piers Morgan is continuing his war of words with Meghan Markle claiming the Suits star was treated “no worse” than Princess Diana or other royals.

Markle has publicly lambasted the royal family via her pally chat with Oprah Winfrey and leaks to People.

Seattle Sounders FC unveil Jimi Hendrix-inspired kit
Trackerdslogo

She claimed that her treatment was worse because of alleged racism.

Morgan was having none of it and said so in an article in the Daily Mail on Sunday.

“Meghan’s had no worse media treatment than other Royal brides such as Diana, Fergie, Kate, Camilla or even that other Monarchy-rattling American divorcee, Wallis Simpson,” Morgan wrote.

Princess Diana arrives at the Royal Geographical Society in London for a speech on the dangers of landmines throughout the world June 12, 1997.
Princess Diana arrives at the Royal Geographical Society in London for a speech on the dangers of landmines throughout the world June 12, 1997. PHOTO BY IAN WALDIE /REUTERS
“But she’s the first to claim negative press has been motivated by racism, and it’s a very dangerous charge to make with so little to back it up.”

Markle, however, told her friend Oprah that her treatment was “not the same.”

Meanwhile, the Hollywood heavy hitter hired as the chieftain of Prince Harry and Markle’s production company owns the rights to a movie that claims Princess Di was “murdered” by the Royals.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Meghan accuses royals of racism, says they pushed her to brink of suicide
In this file photo taken on June 09, 2018 Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Britain's Meghan, Duchess of Sussex return in a horse-drawn carriage after attending the Queen's Birthday Parade, 'Trooping the Colour' on Horseguards parade in London.
HOLLYWOOD VS. HRH: 'Bully' Meghan Markle blasts royals

Ben Browning was named as head of Archewell Productions and Archewell Audio last week.

According to the Mail, he bought the script to Inquest back in 2013, emerging the winner in a bidding war.

The plot reportedly hones in on the conspiracy theories that sprang up after Diana was killed in a Paris car crash.

One of the more outrageous claims is that Queen Elizabeth ordered Diana’s death because she was pregnant with the child of Muslim Harrod’s heir Dodi Al-Fayed and planned to marry him.

“Ben bought the script in 2013 but the status of the project is unclear,” a source told the tabloid. “It’s not unusual for a film to take years in development.”

On IMDB, Browning is still listed as producer of the movie.

Dodi and Di briefly dated before the crash, later blamed on their driver, Henri Paul, who was drunk.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne getting up to $10M to walk away from 'The Talk': Report
Publishing date:Mar 30, 2021 • 21 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019.
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019. PHOTO BY APEGA /WENN.com
Article content
Sharon Osbourne is walking away from U.S. TV show The Talk with a reported payout of between US$5 and $10 million.

The 68-year-old entertainer clashed with her co-host during an episode of the CBS talk show on March 10, when she defended her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism following his comments about Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, after her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

This prompted the network to launch an investigation into the show – which has been off air for almost two weeks due to the controversy – and last week, the broadcaster announced Sharon would not be returning to the show as her actions “did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.”

Now, a show insider has told the New York Post’s gossip column Page Six that Sharon’s exit from the show will boost her bank balance by six figures.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Piers Morgan are pictured in this combination photo.
Sharon Osbourne attends the first day of auditions for the X Factor at The Titanic Hotel on June 20, 2017 in Liverpool, England.
'F--- OFF': Sharon Osbourne fires back at racial slur claims

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Sharon is walking away with a $5 to $10 million minimum payout,” a source said, with another adding that the presenter will “talk when she is ready. She still wants to give her side of the story. She has been on that show for 11 years and knows all the secrets.”

Sharon’s row with Sheryl began when she was defending Piers after he said he didn’t believe Duchess Meghan when she said she was battling suicidal thoughts, which prompted Sheryl to say: “While you are standing by you your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist.”

Sharon replied: “Educate me, tell me when you have heard him say racist things?

“I very much feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend, who many people think is a racist, so that makes me a racist?

“How can I be racist about anybody or anything in my life.”

The show then cut to a commercial break, but when it returned, she continued to press Sheryl for an explanation as to what was racist about Piers’ comments and added: “And don’t try and cry, because if anyone should be crying, it should be me.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The following day, Sharon apologized for her remarks.

In a lengthy statement on Friday, CBS said: “The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behaviour toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace. We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the host.

“At the same time, we acknowledge the Network and Studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast as it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.”

CBS also confirmed The Talk will remain off air for another two weeks before returning to screens on April 12.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sharon Osbourne getting up to $10M to walk away from 'The Talk': Report
Publishing date:Mar 30, 2021 • 21 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019.
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019. PHOTO BY APEGA /WENN.com
Article content
Sharon Osbourne is walking away from U.S. TV show The Talk with a reported payout of between US$5 and $10 million.

The 68-year-old entertainer clashed with her co-host during an episode of the CBS talk show on March 10, when she defended her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism following his comments about Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, after her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

This prompted the network to launch an investigation into the show – which has been off air for almost two weeks due to the controversy – and last week, the broadcaster announced Sharon would not be returning to the show as her actions “did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.”

Now, a show insider has told the New York Post’s gossip column Page Six that Sharon’s exit from the show will boost her bank balance by six figures.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Sharon Osbourne attends the first day of auditions for the X Factor at The Titanic Hotel on June 20, 2017 in Liverpool, England.
'F--- OFF': Sharon Osbourne fires back at racial slur claims

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Sharon is walking away with a $5 to $10 million minimum payout,” a source said, with another adding that the presenter will “talk when she is ready. She still wants to give her side of the story. She has been on that show for 11 years and knows all the secrets.”

Sharon’s row with Sheryl began when she was defending Piers after he said he didn’t believe Duchess Meghan when she said she was battling suicidal thoughts, which prompted Sheryl to say: “While you are standing by you your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist.”

Sharon replied: “Educate me, tell me when you have heard him say racist things?

“I very much feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend, who many people think is a racist, so that makes me a racist?

“How can I be racist about anybody or anything in my life.”

The show then cut to a commercial break, but when it returned, she continued to press Sheryl for an explanation as to what was racist about Piers’ comments and added: “And don’t try and cry, because if anyone should be crying, it should be me.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The following day, Sharon apologized for her remarks.

In a lengthy statement on Friday, CBS said: “The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behaviour toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace. We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the host.

“At the same time, we acknowledge the Network and Studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast as it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.”

CBS also confirmed The Talk will remain off air for another two weeks before returning to screens on April 12.

She should tell them to stick their money where the Sun doesn't shine - and then sue them.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1617192577514.png

MEGXIT 1 Year On 🤮 PR Disaster, 🤥 Lies, Hypocrisy & Complete Insult To Queen & 🇬🇧 Own Goal FAIL​

A year of astounding contempt and arrogance.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
PRESIDENT MARKLE? Author says Meghan has political dreams
Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Mar 31, 2021 • 12 minutes ago • 2 minute read • 19 Comments
In this file photo taken on May 19, 2018 Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex walk down the west steps of St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in Windsor, after their wedding ceremony.
In this file photo taken on May 19, 2018 Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex walk down the west steps of St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in Windsor, after their wedding ceremony. PHOTO BY BEN STANSALL /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Article content
“Clearly sensitive” Meghan Markle may have presidential aspirations but would “struggle” with any criticism directed her way, her biographer claims.

Tom Bower — who signed a six-figure deal to write an unauthorized bio — told U.K.’s Closer magazine Prince Harry’s spouse is going to need to learn how to “take the heat.”

“The prospect of Meghan running for president is possible and I’d even say likely. I really believe it’s where she sees herself going,” Bower told the magazine.

And he said she has the drive and relentless ambition to make it so.

Bower cited the 39-year-old Duchess of Sussex’s orchestrating Megxit and starting a new life with Harry in her beloved California.

The only fly in the ointment, Bower said, is that Markle is “clearly sensitive” and treatment of politicians is much harsher than it is for former TV stars.

“They’re probably the public figures who face the most backlash,” Bower said of politicos. “I really think she would struggle. She’d need to learn to take the heat.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
As well, she’ll “need to be a team player” and develop a loyal staff. That may not be easy.

“We’ve seen through the reports about her staff members quitting and moving on that she doesn’t seem to be able to hold onto her team,” Bower added.

Markle has been accused of bullying and other unacceptable behaviour towards at least three staff members. She called the accusations a “smear campaign.”

Meanwhile, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has contradicted Markle’s claim that she married Harry several days before the official lavish ceremony at Windsor Castle in 2018.

The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey in an interview in March that she wed Queen Elizabeth’s grandson in a secret ceremony officiated over by the Archbishop a few days before the Windsor event, which was held in a glare of royal pomp and pageantry.

“You know, three days before our wedding, we got married — no-one knows that,” she said. “Just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
But that’s a fib, Welby said.

“The legal marriage took place on that Saturday,” Welby was quoted as saying by Die Welt, adding that he personally signed the marriage certificate. “I would have committed a crime if I had signed something that was not true.”

He said he had earlier had a “series of private and pastoral meetings” with Harry and Meghan, but declined to give details on the conversation. “If you talk to a priest, you can expect that conversation to remain private.”

British media have previously published a copy of the wedding certificate showing the official marriage occurred at Windsor Castle, with the official who drew up the licence saying Meghan was either confused or misinformed, and the couple had perhaps exchanged some simple vows before the Archbishop.

— With files from Reuters

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun