O’Toole rejigs Tory critic portfolios as he continues working to get party on election footing

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
As a life long social conservative, I will sit out the next federal election. I will not ever vote for a candidate who’s pro-abortion and against the traditional definition of marriage.

Mr. O’Toole should have run for the liberal party as his views are in direct contrast to those shared by the vast majority of social conservatives.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not taking a political stance isnt pro-abortion just like abortion isnt a Right just because it's been decriminalized.

If you're a social Conservative then get off your ass and be social and focus on mitigation. "My body, my choice" is what we hear so get out there and ensure that it's an informed choice.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Not taking a political stance isnt pro-abortion just like abortion isnt a Right just because it's been decriminalized.

If you're a social Conservative then get off your ass and be social and focus on mitigation. "My body, my choice" is what we hear so get out there and ensure that it's an informed choice.
He’s a Liberal:

His words:
“I won the leadership of the Conservative Party as a pro-choice Conservative MP, one with a strong mandate. That’s how I’m going to lead as the leader of the Opposition”

So there is no room in his party for those of us who are social conservatives. We’ll just need to wait it out till someone like Harper or Sheer comes along. No way will I vote for a Liberal. It’ll be a cold day in hell if I do.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pro-Choice is ensuring it's a thought out informed choice including not having to make the choice. Often the choice includes going to term. Mother support is pro choice and crucial. It's not Pro-Abortion its finding middle ground.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As a life long social conservative, I will sit out the next federal election. I will not ever vote for a candidate who’s pro-abortion and against the traditional definition of marriage.

Mr. O’Toole should have run for the liberal party as his views are in direct contrast to those shared by the vast majority of social conservatives.
Best thing the conservative party could do is bounce the social conservatives out. They give the real conservatives a bad rap. Damn near as bad as leftards when it comes to interfering with other people's rights.

Reactions: Twin_Moose