:(
Enron redux writ large.

Karen don't get it. I blame school.

Breaking: Climatologist Dr Tim Ball Wins Epic Libel Court Battle​

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Is that actually snow ? We heard that was a thing of the past in Britain.

Newspapers reported about 20 years ago that by 2010 there'll be no more snow in Britain.

There's plenty of snow in Braemar though, because it's a big ski resort.

1613073087742.png

Incidentally, Aberdeenshire is weird because its council is located at Woodhill House in Aberdeen, which isn't even in Aberdeenshire, which is also weird.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

'Frozen sea foam' appears on Somerset beach as temperatures fall​

BBC News
11th February 2021

Aiden Malik's picture of frozen sea foam at Berrow Beach
Aiden Malik said the white covering could be turned into snowballs

"Frozen sea foam" took over a beach and made for stunning scenes as temperatures plunged across the UK.

Aiden Malik went to Berrow Beach in Somerset on Wednesday to photograph the sunset but instead found a covering of the "shin-deep" substance.

Mr Malik said: "It wasn't quite snow, it wasn't quite ice and it wasn't foam - it was a weird mix of everything."

BBC weather presenter Ian Fergusson explained it had to be minus two centigrade (28F) for it to occur.

Mr Malik took the photographs on an evening when temperatures plunged across the UK.

Frozen sea foam at Berrow Beach in North Somerset
Mr Malik said the frozen substance was quite deep at points

The frozen foam appeared on a night when the lowest temperature for 25 years was recorded in the UK

The amateur photographer said he was able to make snowballs out of it.

"At the risk of sounding undignified I did taste it and it wasn't salty, which made me wonder what is was," said Mr Malik.

He said: "Like a lot of people I've been going for different walks in my local area and I thought I might be able to catch the sunset so I went to my nearest westerly-facing beach which is Berrow.

"When I saw it [the substance] it looked so ridiculously out of place, even though it was very cold.

Mr Malik had gone to the beach to photograph the sunset

"It was definitely more icy than standard snow but you could ball it up into a snowball.

"The fact it didn't taste salty made me wonder if it came from the sea.

"The tide was coming back in so I assume it had been there for a while."

Mr Fergusson confirmed what Mr Malik had photographed was frozen sea foam.

The substance felt like a mixture of snow, ice and foam said Mr Malik

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1613186851502.png

A ‘strange thing’ has occurred in the global temperature​

Sky News Australia

Sky News host Andrew Bolt says there is a “strange thing” which occurred in the world temperature for January, measured by satellites.

“We are supposed to think there has already been so much global warming that people are dying, animals are dying, the planet is collapsing,” Mr Bolt said. “But there’s a strange thing. You look at the world temperature for January as measured by satellites – the most reliable way of doing it – a drop to just 0.12 degrees (Celsius) of warming above the average of late last century. That really is close to nothing.”

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Newspapers reported about 20 years ago that by 2010 there'll be no more snow in Britain.

There's plenty of snow in Braemar though, because it's a big ski resort.

View attachment 5927

Incidentally, Aberdeenshire is weird because its council is located at Woodhill House in Aberdeen, which isn't even in Aberdeenshire, which is also weird.
That is not a Big ski resort , but it still looks like fun . Google Whistler Blackcomb , for a Big ski resort .

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
I mean, I get the pollution is a big concern but global warming bit is way too farfetch'd. There's way too many steps involved for it to be real.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Britain records lowest temperature for 25 years:
*Sigh* Okay, I know I've joked about this too but, yes this stuff can happen during a global warming event. It's a result of a temporary cooling of ocean water as glaciers and ice fields melt. If enough fresh water makes into the ocean the reduced salinity weakens the thermohaline circulation, which transports heat from the tropics to the poles, resulting in cooler water. Cooler water makes for cooler temperatures.

Reactions: Twin_Moose