End the Lockdown

LewisScott

Nominee Member
Dec 7, 2020
Now I am actually more comfortable working from home. No getting up too early and no journeys. Thought this has made me lazy and I have put on some weight as well, but working from home is more comfortable. Also, it is reasonable until there is no vaccine in the world. You may think it is boring but it is actually life-saving.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
British police forces have come out and said they will not impose lockdown rules, calling them "unlawful", meaning millions of people in London, the South East and East who are now in full lockdown can still celebrate Christmas with family and friends. With the police taking no action against lockdown breakers, it's as if the lockdown doesn't exist.

That's a relief. We now have the police on our side.

Aetheric

Nominee Member
Jul 9, 2020
Good report from the Justice Center for Constitutional Freedoms.
Video interview below is also worth a listen.

Governments’ hasty decisions to lock down Canadians while damaging public health and the economy
December 3, 2020

Canadians in all provinces and territories have been asked to accept unprecedented interference with their civil, religious and economic freedom in the absence of evidence-based modelling or statistics demonstrating why these policies were necessary.

Governments have an obligation to provide the numbers (or estimates or predictions,where actual numbers are not available) of bankruptcies, insolvencies, and foreclosures that have resulted, and will result in future, because of the lockdown measures.They have an obligation to determine how many additional instances of stress, anxiety, and depression will result from ruined financial prospects, and the full medical and health impacts of these increases in stress, anxiety and depression.They are obliged to investigate fully how the increasing prevalence of stress, anxiety, and depression will result in more alcoholism, drug abuse, drug overdoses, suicides, spousal abuse and child abuse.

Unfortunately, it appears that no Canadian government at any level has yet given appropriately serious consideration to these consequences, or to the effects of cancelling surgeries, delaying cancer diagnoses,and other denials of access to needed healthcare

Reactions: Blackleaf

LewisScott

Nominee Member
Dec 7, 2020
Don't be an idiot.
I agree to that. If not for yours, at least care about the life of your family members. This is not something that you can have and die in peace. In fact, it will infect those around you and would be a huge consequence. So it is better that we manage our work and everything from home and as far as grocery is concerned, you can have it delivered. There is always a risk that a hungry lion can break into your house any day, but going into a forest and standing tall in front of a hungry lion is foolishness.

Reactions: JLM