White Fragility: People will Insist They Are Not Racist

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You start the post with conbots, but didn't single anyone out? yeah OK, carry on

I'm not surprised you can't read beyond the start.

Your knee jerk reaction, instead of actually taking the time to understand the material, just proves her point.

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Serious question for my 2A, anti-tyrannical, militia minded friends (who have been very silent lately).

Is this a cop? Homeland Security? Or a paid mercenary?

Do you follow his orders and get in the van, or do you use your 2A rights to stand your ground and shoot first?

You have one second to decide.

What do you do?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Serious question for my 2A, anti-tyrannical, militia minded friends (who have been very silent lately).
Do you follow his orders and get in the van, or do you use your 2A rights to stand your ground and shoot first?
What do you do?

I dont have any 2nd amendment rights, neither do you or the vast majority of users on this board. I can think of only 2, Eagle and TB who do. Are they who this question is posed to?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

What do you do?
I don't carry a gun to a protest for a start.

I also don't take a job doing whatever it is this fellow is doing.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't carry a gun to a protest for a start.

I also don't take a job doing whatever it is this fellow is doing.
Of course not , no protests in mom’s basement . Take a job , are you kidding , mom’s fridge is always full .

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Like all the conbots in this forum.

'People Will Insist That They are Not Racist': Robin DiAngelo on 'White Fragility' and the Way Forward

DiAngelo, a San Francisco-born social justice educator, is the author of "White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism". Her exploration of white people's defensiveness in the face of their own biases was originally published back in 2018, but after ongoing protests against the killing of George Floyd and other Black people at the hands of police, the book was included in many recent reading lists on race. It's now #1 on The New York Times nonfiction best sellers list.

To DiAngelo, white people's unwillingness to see themselves as complicit in a racist system — and their ensuing "fragility" on the subject — is actively hampering the anti-racism movement. As she says, true progress can come only when they acknowledge their own biases. "That idea that 'I'm not racist,'" she said, "is not changing racism. We have to come from a fundamentally different paradigm."

https://www.kqed.org/news/11825805/...angelo-on-white-fragility-and-the-way-forward
Since most protestors and activists are 100% ignorant of the meaning of the word 'racism it is an uphill battle against these marching mental midgets.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Since most protestors and activists are 100% ignorant of the meaning of the word 'racism it is an uphill battle against these marching mental midgets.
I readily admit I am racist , any who don’t are lying . That said am married with a visible minority and playing golf this afternoon with a group from a different visible minority .
It is possible to be tolerant and racist at the same time .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I readily admit I am racist , any who don’t are lying . That said am married with a visible minority and playing golf this afternoon with a group from a different visible minority .
It is possible to be tolerant and racist at the same time .
Speaking of blind pigs and acorns. . .

Well done, pgs.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It is possible to be tolerant and racist at the same time
Your actions mean you are not a racist.
Don’t confuse your freedom of expression and opinions with racism.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I had a dog once that was racist.....
A white Bichon Frizé.......Would only play with other white dogs......would shy away from black dogs.....go figure!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I had a dog once that was racist.....
A white Bichon Frizé.......Would only play with other white dogs......would shy away from black dogs.....go figure!
My parents' dog doesn't like black people. She always barks at a black passerby when on walkies. It's true.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

What do you do?
Wow, great scenario. No details, no premise, no location. What would YOU do? Simply obey orders like a good little sheep?