How the GW myth is perpetuated

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That’s great. So you acknowledge older thicker ice is decreasing and less is being produced out of the Beaufort sea.
Old ice that didnt exist 500 years ago. What was ice in the Arctic like prior to the Maunder and Dalton during the Medieval Warm Period? Is 300 year old ice relevant on the geological time scale?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Old ice that didnt exist 500 years ago. What was ice in the Arctic like prior to the Maunder and Dalton during the Medieval Warm Period? Is 300 year old ice relevant on the geological time scale?

I'm not sure. Looks like you do and I'd be happy to read and information you can link me to.

I just know the ice is melting now and you confirmed it.

Thanks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not sure. Looks like you do and I'd be happy to read and information you can link me to.
I just know the ice is melting now and you confirmed it.
Thanks.
Just google Holocene climate record. If our current climate is out of whack with past trends let me know.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hottest on record everywhere!

The US record begins in 1951. Canadian is much much older going all the way back to 1948.

The maps above show temperature anomalies, or changes, not absolute temperature. They depict how much various regions of the world have warmed or cooled when compared with a base period of 1951-1980. (The global mean surface air temperature for that period was estimated to be 14°C (57°F), with an uncertainty of several tenths of a degree.) In other words, the maps show how much warmer or colder a region is compared to the norm for that region from 1951-1980.
Global temperature records start around 1880 because observations did not sufficiently cover enough of the planet prior to that time. The period of 1951-1980 was chosen largely because the U.S. National Weather Service uses a three-decade period to define “normal” or average temperature. The GISS temperature analysis effort began around 1980, so the most recent 30 years was 1951-1980. It is also a period when many of today’s adults grew up, so it is a common reference that many people can remember

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/world-of-change/global-temperatures

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Current isnt global.

Average global temperature was lower during the medieval warm period. Sea levels are a good indicator of that.

Warm period drivers were from increased solar activity, low volcanic activity and earths orbital position.

None of those are current drivers of warming and we should actually be cooling.

What's the current driver/s?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Average global temperature was lower during the medieval warm period. Sea levels are a good indicator of that.
Warm period drivers were from increased solar activity, low volcanic activity and earths orbital position.
None of those are current drivers of warming and we should actually be cooling.
What's the current driver/s?
Long term yes, we are cooling but it has warmed and cooled how many times so far during the Holocene? After the coldest period in modern human history, was it supposed to stay exceptionally cool?