COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Maybe in Britain. In the U.S. the death rate from flu is 0.1%
you need to stipulate the the death rate from what is the common flu is 0.1%

the death rate from the 1918 flu was about 2% and generally speaking the death rates from new influenza strains is thought to be about 2% in countries that do not have advanced public health

that is the general rule of thumb they are applying to the corona virus. the mortality in China is said to be about 1.4% but the stats are in flux.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

you need to stipulate the the death rate from what is the common flu is 0.1%

the death rate from the 1918 flu was about 2% and generally speaking the death rates from new influenza strains is thought to be about 2% in countries that do not have advanced public health

that is the general rule of thumb they are applying to the corona virus. the mortality in China is said to be about 1.4% but the stats are in flux.
and this morning I have read that the corona virus mortality is about 3.2%

so we are not going to know the truth for quite some time and it is really beside the point anyway.

all these numbers are predicated on a health population

put this sort of illness into an old age home and you are going see a lot of people dying

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Seattle hot spots are like a 'ghost town' as businesses brace for an economic blow from coronavirus

Seattle residents are adapting to life in the age of COVID-19: sifting through rumors, feverishly following updates and doing whatever it takes to avoid the virus. Bracing for the coronavirus means preparing for what could be a devastating economic impact. Business owners and residents have already seen a drop-off in tourists in areas of the city that heavily depend on foot traffic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...avirus-outbreak-n1148941?cid=eml_nbn_20200304

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Oh FFS!!

My ex-wife fly's from México City to Vancouver..

The flight was delayed waiting for an Iranian woman connecting.

I think she flew in from Iran (IKA) direct to México then to Vancouver.

After that flight my ex gets sick, I do and 13 others in Vancouver..

Hummm

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

She will get the best care possible.
Can you say the same thing about people in Seattle? Or Tehran?
I have every confidence that Canada can handle this emergency
In Canaduh? May as well start digging the hole.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Trump has many hunches about the coronavirus.
Here's what his own experts say.
As cases of the coronavirus continue to spread around the world and the United States, President Donald Trump is not backing away from spreading personal beliefs about the virus that contradict veteran health officials and experts.

Trump has painted criticism about his comments on the virus as a Democratic "hoax" and media "hysteria." Here is a look at the gap between what Trump has said and what health experts say.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...rts-coronavirus-n1151006?cid=eml_nbn_20200305

The Trumpians must feel so reassured as the bloke spins out his hunches........They like him.........don't believe in science anyhow.....Witchcraft, hunches, superstitions?? No problem.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

He said today he believes the 3.4 % mortality that is being discussed is a fake number.

President Game Show Host - who two days ago asked if a flu shot would work against the corona virus - knows a fake medical stat when he hears one.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

He said today he believes the 3.4 % mortality that is being discussed is a fake number.

President Game Show Host - who two days ago asked if a flu shot would work against the corona virus - knows a fake medical stat when he hears one.
the guy is a lunatic.......why ca't people see that?? He just makes stuff up as he goes along. He is a MAJOR security risk. (and health hazard)