Ford government admits they can't do what they promised

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ontario teachers on a one day strike

The Ford government not able to negotiate.

Don't worry. The Prime Minister will be back from his important NATO business and fix everything.
It must be for the children .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
It's only kids getting hurt.

Why even bother negotiating?

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you bother posting when all you do is expose your IGNORANCE????????????????

It is NOT just kids who are getting hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is TAX PAYERS all across the province that are getting HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ontari-owe is the most INDEBTED PROVINCE on the planet............................

courtesy of Wynne-bag LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ontari-owe student numbers have been GOING DOWN..........................

and class sizes were also going down..................................

and ever more teachers an assistants were hired.............................

and yet standardized testing scores were also FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ontari-owe education system was enduring a perfect storm of HOG GREED and INTRANSIGENCE!!!!!!!!

It is going to take HUNDREDS OF YEARS to pay off the debts that LIE-berals have run up........................

and yet our ALWAYS GREEDY HOGS are demanding EVEN MORE DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teachers are NOT "doing it for the kids"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teachers are DOING IT TO THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The teacher position is SO BAD they are even SCREWING generations of kids who are not yet BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
THe teachers union is not interested in negotiation. They are only interested in making a political statement.

OH.............I feel the need to modestly correct your statement...............

the fact is our teacher HOGS would dispense with the political statement..............

if only Ford would surrender to them and give them their hearts desire........................

meaning ALL THE POWER........................................

AND ALL THE MONEY.........................................

AND NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
THe teachers union is not interested in negotiation. They are only interested in making a political statement.

Ford says his patience with teachers' unions will only last for so long

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — Premier Doug Ford issued a vague warning to teachers' unions Friday, while all four major groups are engaged in job action and contract talks are largely at a standstill.

"We'll get (deals) done, but there's only so long my patience can last with the head of the unions," Ford said. "So stay tuned."
Ford did not elaborate on what he meant, but said later he is not looking at back-to-work legislation "at this point."
Public high school teachers have staged six rotating, one-day strikes, including one that was provincewide. Public elementary teachers will soon start a second week of rotating, one-day strikes. Catholic teachers held a provincewide strike on Tuesday. All four unions, including the one representing French teachers, are on work-to-rule campaigns, resulting in high schools delaying the Grade 9 standardized math test to the spring and many elementary schools not sending home report cards.
The premier took pains to distinguish the union leaders from the nearly 200,000 teachers and education workers they represent.
"A message to the teachers: I support you," Ford said. "We have some great, hardworking men and women that show up every day. I totally disagree with the head of the union."
He then went further, suggesting — without providing evidence — that the teachers themselves don't support their union leadership.
"I'll be very frank: A lot of teachers are fed up with the unions," Ford said. "When I talk to them they said, 'Oh, we're terrified of our unions.' You've got to be kidding me. You're terrified? I hear over and over and over again that the teachers want to put this behind us, they're happy, go in the classroom and teach our kids."...….More

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

WHO KNOWS WHAT TEACHERS REALLY WANT?????????????

I dont think even they really know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All they REALLY DO SEEM TO WANT IS THEIR OWN WAY in all things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No questions asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL WETERN COUNTRIES ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES with civil service union HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

French president Macron imposed a new set of carbon tax/ gravy grabbing SCAMS on his country

so he could grab the gravy needed to appease French HOGS.................

and ended up with the MONTHS LONG YELLOW VEST RIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macron backed off the carbon scam and attempted to institute pension reforms to cut spending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The result was MORE RIOTS AND PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could look at UNIFOR here in Canada - and recognize THAT THE BIG ISSUE

in that western Coop Unifor strike IS PENSION GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS in the union WANTS LOTS OF GRAVY but there IS NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE HOGS HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So UNIFOR is doing its best to hold the public HOSTAGE to its pension GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- UNIFOR is holding the public HOSTAGE as UNIFOR DEMANDS solid gold pensions

to be paid for by PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE PENSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In South America last year - teacher HOGS RIOTED AND BLOCKED ROADS

because govt put a carbon tax on gas and made it more expensive for PRIVILEGED HOGS TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BIGGEST OBSTACLE to reducing green house has emissions IS HOG GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In related news - here is a photo illustrating why LIE-beral policy pushing people to take public transit to work

WILL NOT SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral fretting over some waitress driving her puddle jumper little car homr from her late shift because she does not feel safe on

the streets thanks to LIE-beral hug a thug judges - WILL BE INEFFECTIVE as long as this sort of CONSPICUOUS GAS USE

CONTINUES in recreational ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Perhaps the Prime Minister will have to step in again and get a labour settlement for the Ontario teachers like he did for the railroad.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Perhaps the Prime Minister will have to step in again and get a labour settlement for the Ontario teachers like he did for the railroad.

HAVE PATIENCE hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The teacher HOGS ARE NOT WINNING the propaganda war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The retail economy in Ontari-owe - that so many people depend on for jobs..................

is being STARVED as HOGS hoard their gravy in preparation for ALL OUT / NO HOLDS BARRED/ SPRING STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teacher HOGS will be walking the picket lines FULL TIME once the spring sun shines bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is a LEGAL FORMULA to this stuff- meaning the school year MUST BE IN JEOPARDY....................

BEFORE A COURT WILL ORDER STRIKERS BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in RELATED NEWS - IS IT NOT ODD that ALL THE RECENT STRIKES in Canada.......................

have been by workers who ENJOY A MONOPOLY STRANGLEHOLD ON SOME ESSENTIAL SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - look at the GM strike, or the railway workers...............................

or the ongoing Coop refinery/ UNIFOR strike..........................

or our teacher HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN EACH CASE the union involved has either A TOTAL MONOPOLY ON THE SERVICE..................

or a VIRTUAL MONOPOLY - and they exploit this GROSS CONFLICT OF PUBLIC INTEREST RUTHLESSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time you saw strikers at Home Depot???????????????

Or strikers at your grocery store????????????????

Or a strike by people building houses in a sub division????????????????????????

The ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO GO ON STRIKE .........................

IN OUR NOT SO "BOOMING ECONOMY" ARE UNION HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS such our HOGS REPRESENT THE OPPOSITE OF DEMOCRACY OR FAIR PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Elementary teachers announce some more rotating strike action.

This reminds me of back in the day when conservative Super Hero Mike Harris took the teachers to task amid that whole work-to-rule thingy.

Several years and murders later Harris is now just a ghost who hides from the public.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What Ford could do is proclaim education as an essential service and that would prohibit strikes other than information pickets. The way I see it any government job is either essential service or redundant.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Don't worry. Prime Minister Trudeau will step in and save the day.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Of course he will try to stick his nose into provincial affairs where it doesn't belong and screw another thing up on a knee jerk reaction, like he did with Jury selections

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Another knee jerk reaction?

like bringing in the assault weapons ban they promised in their campaign platform.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Elementary teachers announce some more rotating strike action.

This reminds me of back in the day when conservative Super Hero Mike Harris took the teachers to task amid that whole work-to-rule thingy.

Several years and murders later Harris is now just a ghost who hides from the public.

POOR FOOLISHLY BLIND hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO NEED to fear the Conservatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just like that LOON that beheaded the passenger on a Cdn bus.............................

at the urging of weird voices in his head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your mind is playing the same sort of INSANE tricks on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEEK HELP while there is still some semblance of your sanity to salvage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the kind of future we will have if LIE-berals get their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An angst ridden Cdn author once wrote about our “Two Solitudes” - meaning the divide between French and English- but that divide has been superseded by a much bigger problem- the great divide between civil service union Hogs and the private sector! This article contains some comments of my own in brackets):

Pricking the thin skins of the federal public service

BY MARK BONOKOSKI, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016 04:40 PM EST | UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016 04:52 PM EST

Members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada held a rally to protest proposed changes/reductions to sick days by the federal government in Regina March 19, 2015. (Postmedia Network file photo)

Oh, the vitriol.

No sooner had Tuesday’s column moved into its digital slot in Postmedia’s piece of cyberspace than the onslaught commenced, with some thin-skinned federal public servants decrying my failure to genuflect before them.

Their feelings had obviously been hurt.

Most took me to task for not highlighting in bold-face print the fact that the recent 5.5% raise given to the 68,000 card-carrying members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, the largest public-sector union in the land, was over a four-year term.

(Oh poor babies- ask the people at the south western Ontari-owe locomotive factory how they felt about being told “take a FIFTY PERCENT PAY CUT or your jobs are gone! This after the company posted its most profitable year ever!)

(Or ask the 500 people who used to work at the Oshawa call centre how they feel about going in on a Monday morning to start work only to find the place empty- and all their jobs gone to Alabama- thanks to a fine grant from that state govt!! And of course the call centre owners timed the move so they could disappear with TWO WEEKS WAGES OWING to their former workers! And of course LIE-berals do not consider it any of our business what other bills- for things like phones, heat, light, power etc- that the company might also have neglected to pay before disappearing! Civil service union Hogs think they ought to be IMMUNE to the cost and consequences of this kind of economic CRAP- whikle at the same time being ENTITLED to grand pay amd solid gold pensions!)

They (The Hogs) also slammed me for not citing that their $650 signing bonus, which amounts to a taxpayer hit of $44.2 million, will be taxed as income, and therefore amounts to only $450 or so.

Poor things.

So, signing bonus aside, the raise works out as a 1.25% increase every year over four years, meaning it’s 1.25% in the second year with the 1.25% raise of the previous year now in the calculations. And so on.

Not a bad deal in today’s economy.

(Especially when Hogs basically NEVER GET LAID OFF!!!! Just one more little perk of office that ordinary people do not get!)

One reader, among many, would take it in a nanosecond. He works in the private sector for a printing company, has not had a raise in 10 years, and has accepted two pay cuts during that same period to stay employed.

“If I get sick, I don’t get paid,” writes another. “I don’t have a sick-leave bank. I’ve gone to work feeling like I was on my death bed.

“I did it to feed my family.”

(And of course Ontari-owe LIE-berals were quite happy to sign new contracts- a year before being defeated in the June election- which basically allowed teachers to claim sick leave at full salary whenever they wanted for A LONG AS THEY WANTED!!!!! With no need even to supply a doctors note! And Hogs wonder why we are skeptical about how hard they CLAIM to work!)

But, hey, this isn’t about ordinary Canadians struggling in the real world. This is about federal public servants, a hard-done-by crowd (in their estimation) who feel the taxpayer owes them.

Take a woman named Jody, for example.

“What would you want?” she asks. “No raises at all? No sick leave? Shitty working conditions like most people?

(OH! So Hogs DO RECOGNIZE THEY HAVE IT GOOD!!!! But they are so ENTITLED they also claim the right to shut down any talk against their constant, ONGOING, economy breaking DEMANDS! How dare the peasants complain of Hog greed even though we cannot ever give enough to satisfy Hogs!!!!)

“Ours is not the cakewalk that it might be to the uninformed mind. Bosses changing every few months. Everything changing when the PM changes … archaic and labyrinthine management.

(“Archaic and labyrinthine management” is Hog speak meaning the public MUST NEVER get a real look at how LIE-berals spend our money! If you have LOTS OF ENTITLEMENTS to both enjoy and to hide from public view then labyrinthine methods must be employed!)

“Should my children eat poorly so yours can eat better?” she then asks, as if the pay raise spells the difference.

(Well YES!!!!! Why should civil service GREED be allowed to bankrupt us all? TO MUCH BORROWED GOVT money is being funneled into Hog monster homes and lavish Muskoka cottages and a vast array of gas guzzling, environment ripping TOYS! Civil service Hogs long ago passed the point of “fairness” and are now nothing more than parasites sucking us dry! And it is our grand children and great grand children who will be struggling with the debts LIE-berals have generated while buying Hog votes- long after LIE-berals are gone!)

“We come to work every day for the betterment of the Canadian people,” she says. “Maybe we should all quit and get a job writing divisive swill for a second-rate neo-conservative tabloid.”

(HAHAHAHA!!!! Our teachers tell us they “are doing the job for the kids”!!! But we indebted tax payers know teachers are DOING IT TO THE KIDS”! Our kids are being royally screwed economically by Hogs!)

My advice for Jody? Don’t quit your day job, especially since you believe “most (other) people” have crappy working conditions.

Stay where you are. Enjoy the benefits. Unlike the private sector, you are eight times less likely to get laid off. In fact, in 2015, only 0.5% of the entire public workforce in Canada found themselves being forced through layoffs to seek other employment.

(And many of those suddenly unemployed Hogs - in 2014 and early 2015 worked for Veterans Affairs Ministry and got laid off because there were no more maimed Cdns coming back from Afghanistan- so the paper pushing Hogs were not needed! One might think that in 2016 things would be better for Hogs but NO! After Our idiot Boy Justin got elected- he FIRED A BUNCH OF SCIENTISTS!!!! These would be the scientists who had their wages merely frozen by that Ogre Stephen Harper! But our idiot Boy Justin- who openly boasts of never reading a news paper- has decided he already knows all he needs to about climate change so the scientists are not needed and can be FIRED!!!! )

It’s as close to bullet-proof job security that there is. So stifle the boo-hoos.

Then there is Ryan, another federal public servant, who writes as if he is alone, and that no one else is having to deal with the “increasing prices in groceries, property tax and electricity bills,” and a dollar that is being “spread thinner” by the day.

(Gosh!!!! What a SAD TALE!!!! And who has noticed that the price of electricity- and most other things- is soaring so very high due to that massive gravy grab by LIE-berals who are desperate to BUY enough Hog votes so that they can cling to power at any price! This is the giant flaw behind all LIE-beral reasoning: that sooner or later they will run out of other peoples money thanks to Hog entitlements being so HUGE! So now Hogs get to deal with a VERY ANGRY PUBLIC that is convinced they DESERVE to be called HOGS!!!!)

“Before you go ripping into the government for providing their employees with somewhat a reward for doing a good job, expose yourself to what working in the government is actually like,” he writes. “You’ll soon find most of us deserve every penny we make.”

You’re right, Ryan. Besides, it is only three days until Christmas, and therefore time for some good will.

So, joy to your world, and all those in it.

(But the new year will come and bring a nasty dose of reality with it- spreading sorrow and frustration amongst Hogs who are convinced they are definitely entitled to endless gifts extorted from the pockets of a public who deals with “shitty working conditions” on a daily basis!)