ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What a tired old cliche you are.

... Got your sharp pointy sticks all assembled for the invasion?

Not much use try to debate there Capt. Whatever you say, you can count on him jumping on it within 2 minutes and giving you one of his hastily, poorly thought out retorts. Remember Sleepy's advice about pigeons!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Not much use try to debate there Capt. Whatever you say, you can count on him jumping on it within 2 minutes and giving you one of his hastily, poorly thought out retorts. Remember Sleepy's advice about pigeons!

Good advice JLM... No doubt, it's an exercise in futility exchanging posts with an individual that thinks that the best way to repair a fence is to smack his kid and kick his dog a few times

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Good advice JLM... No doubt, it's an exercise in futility exchanging posts with an individual that thinks that the best way to repair a fence is to smack his kid and kick his dog a few times
You are not a man of your convictions. Hide under your rock, separatist traitor. I hope to God that Albertans don't get suckered in by lesser beings like you.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
60% in AB and 53% in Sask back in Feb Champ.

And what you just can't get through that thick skull of yours is that the entire problem starts in Ottawa, but then again, you true patriot types are too thick to recognize the root of any issues

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
60% in AB and 53% in Sask back in Feb Champ.
And what you just can't get through that thick skull of yours is that the entire problem starts in Ottawa, but then again, you true patriot types are too thick to recognize the root of any issues
I'm sure that the RCMP is building an arrest list as we speak.

Self-baked refernenda are quite meaningless in this country. Stockwell Day tried to change that, way back when but he got laughed back to the Okanagan.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"United we stand, divided we fall", seems like a simple concept that anyone with an I.Q. above 5 would understand!

Tell that to the little potato and his merry band of SJWs, JLM - they and their divisive policies are the reason that we are even talking about separation.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I'm sure that the RCMP is building an arrest list as we speak.

Self-baked refernenda are quite meaningless in this country. Stockwell Day tried to change that, way back when but he got laughed back to the Okanagan.

I recall the hundreds of thousands of people that the RCs arrested in Que during their referendum... In fact, I think that they simply waited outside the polling stations with huge prison buses and corralled them directly in

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Tell that to the little potato and his merry band of SJWs, JLM - they and their divisive policies are the reason that we are even talking about separation.
Nonsense.
Little Potato is a bit of fluff that will blow away in the wind. If you're all so fragile that the airhead is suddenly making conditions INTOLERABLE there after 114 years, the rest of us are not buying the guff.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm a Canadian who believes deeply in his country and who wants to see lots of light shining on those who threaten it.
Then best you start shining those beams on the the current federal government rather than tilting at windmills here on the forum. Best you understand that the little potato is the most divisive PM we've had and that he and his puppet master will continue to divide Canadians unless soundly defeated at the polls this fall.

I've never been a supporter of separation but I can well understand why many Westerners do.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I keep hearing about all this ottawa is to blame stuff and not a single example of how or why.

I hate to break this to all you Alberta separatists but Ottawa cannot magically make oil $100 a bbl again.

That is up to the speculators

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Then best you start shining those beams on the the current federal government rather than tilting at windmills here on the forum. Best you understand that the little potato is the most divisive PM we've had and that he and his puppet master will continue to divide Canadians unless soundly defeated at the polls this fall.
I've never been a supporter of separation but I can well understand why many Westerners do.
Politicians come and go.

That's no excuse for treason.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's all done within the framework of the Fed rules... But I do love the overly theatrical dwama you offer
It will not done within any federal framewor because there isn't one to cover this. but I have confidence that your fringe weirdo movement won't get far enough for you to find out that Canada is not legally divisible ... norwas it back in the days of the Quebec separatists, either. The Feds rightly shut up about that part (Chretien hinted) so as not to fan the flames but they were not going to break up one of the most promising young nations on this planet due to a dodgy referendum run by dodgy extremists ... nor will they this time around, either.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
It will not done within any federal framewor because there isn't one to cover this. but I have confidence that your fringe weirdo movement won't get far enough for you to find out that Canada is not legally divisible ... norwas it back in the days of the Quebec separatists, either. The Feds rightly shut up about that part (Chretien hinted) so as not to fan the flames but they were not going to break up one of the most promising young nations on this planet due to a dodgy referendum run by dodgy extremists ... nor will they this time around, either.

They won't have a choice, much in the same way that Mother Russia was indivisible and yet, it got cut-up all the same

His mistake was not cashing in and going home to Regina, buying a nice, big home and quadrupling up on equity.

Must be a renter.

Suggesting that he's made only 1 mistake is very generous of you

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Clarity Act is the basic framework but we'll go the easy route instead. I explained this already.