Marijuana will be legal in September 2018

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Don't you actually have to practice economics to be an economist? Harper was pretty much a career politician who never had a real job. Not only that, the multiple deficit budgets posted by his government seem to indicate that he had a rather poor knowledge of economics; either that or he deliberately ignored what he learned.

Dont you have to have a BRAIN in order to MAKE UP LIES about Harper??????????????????????????????

As Bar Silly Sister is a brainless jihadist jerk...........................we can safely conclude somebody is FEEDING HIM LIES about Harper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in other news- desperate LIE-berals- frantic to change the news away from their Lavalin Scandal- are now telling us that Cdns do not want the new NAFTA Agreement ratified because the Yankees still have tariffs on various Cdn industries!

And yet LIE-berals have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to resolve the Cdn national security issues and GROSS LIE-beral immigration loopholes that are VEXING Yankees so greatly......................and which are the MOTIVATION for the tariffs!!!

In other news.........China bans shipments of Cdn Cannola oil- citing problems with “PESTS” !!!!!

So that is how China sees us........as PESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news a Conservative MPP asks LIE-beral Kathleen Wynne “why are you still here”?

It seems a valid question considering the crushing defeat her party suffered last June!!!!!!!!! But one should NEVER under estimate the gravy hunting capacity of LIE-berals - NOR their lack of SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry- NOT SORRY - FOR POINTING THAT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In related news- Toronto mayor John Tory says his talks with premier Doug Ford about uploading the TTC “are very complicated”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a city code meaning that Ford is not being fooled by Tory trying to dump UNFUNDED TTC pension costs -that city councillors promised in exchange or Hog votes - but never paid for- onto the province????????????????????

LIE-berals also assure us that a just released child molester with MULTIPLE CONVICTIONS will be carefully monitored..............though LIE-berals do not say by who! And would it not be A LOT EASIER to monitor this molester in a JAIL CELL??????????????

In the latest news on the just released child molestor- it is alleged that the guy is now claiming to be a transgender woman -BUT HE HAS NOT HAD SURGERY AND IS NOT TAKING HORMONE THERAPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore the suddenly publicity shy LIE-berals have recognized that the guy is PLAYING THE PAROLE BOARD and is thus quite capable of switching BACK to full on child molesting mode as soon as cops and parole board stop snooping into his business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On March 8, 2019, Cdn news media displayed its schizophrenic economic view!

On one hand Cdn media crowed about the remarkable number of new jobs created in Jnauary and February!!!!!

In other news they tell us that Bank of Canada is worried about the unexpected weakness in the economy!

Bank of Canada is so worried about this “unexpected weakness” they are now talking about REDUCING interest rates to aid the economy!!!!!!!!!!!!

But LIE-berals told us our economy was booming??????

And LIE-berals told us we needed tighter mortgage rules to prevent a damaging mortgage bubble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals told us we COULD AFFORD higher interest rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a GLARING set of economic CONTRADICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can LIE-berals HOLD ANY POLICY for more than a week?????????

LIE-berals then told us that although a whole slew of new jobs were created - our jobless rate is unchanged since so many new people came forward looking for work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- new Cdn workers just magically popping out of the woodwork whenever LIE-berals look away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the BIG LIE-beral LIE in action- to HIDE how many Cdns have despaired of ever having a decent job or of being able to fully pay their bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the second biggest LIE-beral LIE is about how many people CANNOT LIVE on what they are being allowed to earn in our over taxed country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto Red Star media whores- apparently seeking to mitigate some of the damage from Lavalin, ask us if Lavalin “represents a failure of governance or a failure of journalism”??????????????

And of course it is BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral policy is based on personal greed and lust for power at any price!!!!!

Even staunch LIE-beral supporter Peter Newman tells us this in his book “When the Gods Changed”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BAD JOURNALISM aided LIE-berals in gaining that power in the 2015 election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The election of our idiot Boy Justin was a triumph of greed over costly experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My nephew is a case in point of the effect of this 'harmless', 'love' drug on young people. I use him as a reference point because he's such a nice kid when he's straight. He's polite, respectful, he listens, he's engaged and he's interesting. I can always tell when he's stoned because this alter ego emerges. He's rude, willfully obnoxious, in your face, disconnected and he's boring.
He's almost 30; he's been smoking daily since he was 16. And he has not gotten any traction at all in his life. He's not financially independent; has developed no family, career, trade. He's just drifting through life. He's become the Big Lebowski. Welcome to Justin Trudeau's space cadet academy. A lost generation looms.
I love the "I know this guy. . ." school of policy making.

I know this guy who said Jesus told him to shoot up a school. Should we ban Christianity?

Reactions: Mowich

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
More formally, it's known as "argument by anecdote" and is a go-to tactic of the not-real-bright.

POOR STUPID LIE-beral argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because it is an anecdote does not make it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deflecting from sensible discussion of real events is a MANDATORY LIE-beral skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a reason there are so many jokes AND CARICATURES in our media about stupid aimless STONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ALL KNOW SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were not stoned...............................

they would probably still be stupid..............................

but maybe less so than when stoned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
POOR STUPID LIE-beral argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because it is an anecdote does not make it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deflecting from sensible discussion of real events is a MANDATORY LIE-beral skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a reason there are so many jokes AND CARICATURES in our media about stupid aimless STONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ALL KNOW SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they were not stoned...............................
they would probably still be stupid..............................
but maybe less so than when stoned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quod erat demonstrandum

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Quod erat demonstrandum

Any language you choose..................................

you are still spewing deliberately misleading BULLSH+T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawyers love both Latin and BULLSH+T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But how sad you listened in Latin class......................................

AND SNOOZED through anything related to morals and ethics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching the total collapse of all LIE-beral policy is a classic illustration NOT to trust the legal system to any sort of oversight by LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a LIE-beral lawyer would give nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebels lessons in deceit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how greedy for gravy our LIE-beral overlords have become! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Money in the bank: Ottawa looks for new ways to tax dormant accounts

By Dean Beeby. CBC.

Published January 13. 2019

Accountant Brenda Potter Phelan, shown with CBC's Diana Swain, estimates there is at least $6.3 billion in various dormant assets that Canadians have forgotten about and have yet to claim.© CBC Accountant Brenda Potter Phelan, shown with CBC's Diana Swain, estimates there is at least $6.3 billion in various dormant assets that Canadians have forgotten about and have yet to claim.

(And isnt it ODD how little interest banks have in tracking down the owners? Why bother to send out a letter when its more profitable to just KEEP the money!!!!!!!)

Millions of dollars owed to ordinary Canadians sits unclaimed in dormant bank accounts and terminated pension plans — and the federal Department of Finance is looking at fresh ways to tax some of that idle money and to reduce or eliminate any interest paid on it.

(LIE-berals are always telling us we NEED more savings and yet LIE-berals are seeking ways to reduce or eliminate interest paid?? And who misplaces a pension?? Sounds to me like money managers are trying to HIDE money for their profit????)

Proposals to significantly revamp the so-called "unclaimed balances" regime in Canada have undergone more than two years' of consultations and review, and are now in the hands of department bureaucrats.

(The LIE-beral govt, the banks and the taxpayers are all working at cross purposes!)

(Some years back I opened up a savings account at the same bank where I had my chequing account - intending to save for my sons future use and expenses- and did not subsequently add or remove any money from the savings account for about 13 months!)

(During that time I was in the bank WEEKLY for grocery money from my chequing account, my pay cheques were being deposited bi-weekly, my mortgage payments were being made weekly to that bank, and my property taxes bills for heat and light and insurance were also being paid for through the chequing account! The bank could not reasonably suggest that I had left town and disappeared! One quick phone call or a letter to my home would have revealed that I was not dead nor abducted by aliens!!)

(Yet the bank NEVER BOTHERED to contact me about the “abandoned” savings account! After some months of inactivity on the savings account- they deemed it ABANDONED and began LOOTING IT with huge new fees! In those 13 months- ONE THIRD of the money in the savings account was essentially STOLEN in the night by bankers and Revenue Canada!! With NO HINT of warning!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(The bankers who held my mortgage were too lazy to bother warning me with a 30 second phone call or a quick letter!!!! And of course LIE-beral govt believes ALL the money is theirs anyway so they can take back as it suits them!!!!!!!!!!)

(At that 13 month mark- I got some more cash to put into the savings account and thus discovered the LEGAL THEFT!! And the bank attempted to blame me for the theft!! They suggested the account had been abandoned because it had been some time since I took money out!! So I pointed out that IT WAS A SAVING ACCOUNT- taking money out means I am not saving!! The bank DOES NOT UNDERSTAND the concept of SAVING!!!!!!!!!!)

(In the end the bank refunded my STOLEN bank fees - but claimed they could not help recover the major fees already taken by Revenue Canada looters!! This prompts an obvious question: if the account is truly deemed abandoned then why not take it all?? Why take only one third over a 6 month period???????)

(And if the account is deemed abandoned then why not at least make a phone call to warn me before taking action that will generate such HUGE ILL WILL in a customer????????????)

(It all speaks of a disgusting level of greed and arrogance on the part of LIE-berals and bankers!! We might also consider how angry LIE-berals are becoming as so many corporations are piling up profits and putting that cash into savings accounts of their own!!!!!!!!)

(LIE-berals make it clear they are DISGUSTED that corporations make “no use” of that saved cash sitting in bank accounts! LIE-berals find it INSULTING that corporations should save cash for a rainy day- meaning the next economic melt down- 2008 style!!!!)

(LIE-berals are seeking ways to ORDER corporations to spend their money- in ways satisfactory to gravy grabbing LIE-berals! LIE-berals consider it anti social of corporations to save money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Or we could look at the taxes levied against people who own houses that are sitting vacant for one reason or another! LIE-berals think it is insulting that you are not using the house and thus should be FORCED to pay extra! And never mind that you may be seeking to sell the house and do not want the legal complication of having a hard to get rid of tenant in the place- thanks to LIE-berals who think tenants should have more rights than owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(LIE-berals badly want more condos- yet they do not mind tying properties up in red tape while they encourage NIMBY types to argue about property uses! Nor do LIE-berals think it is wrong to tie up landlords with problem tenants who are NEVER easy to evict once the building permits finally get issued! LIE-berals proclaim their greed is a virtue and exclaim that convoluted policy that cancels itself out is a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The goal is to modernize an archaic regime dating from the 1940s. The proposed changes also would save Ottawa money while modestly increasing federal revenues.

(Yeah- that archaic regime involved out of date customer service crap like phone calls and letter warnings of major changes being made at the bank! To bad modern and progressive LIE-berals believe such service is DEAD AS DISCO!!!!!!!!!!!)

Each year, federally regulated banks and trust firms turn over to the Bank of Canada any money they find in accounts that have been inactive for a decade and are owned by people who can't be located.

As of Dec. 31, 2017, the central bank carried $742 million in these unclaimed balances. A central registry allows potential owners to search an online database, and about $10 million in claims are paid out each year.

The system dates from 1944, the year the federal cabinet also set the interest paid on interest-bearing unclaimed accounts at 1.5 per cent — a rate higher than the one currently paid on ordinary bank saving accounts.

The Bank of Canada holds the money for 30 years if the account balance is under $1,000, or for 100 years if it's more than $1,000. After the Bank of Canada releases the unclaimed cash, it goes into Ottawa's general revenues.

(OH there is LIE-beral BULLSH+T!! My little savings account was well below $1000 and there was NO WAY OFFERED to recover the major Govt fees that had been collected!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Finance Canada wants to cut or eliminate the interest paid on these balances. And small balances — those less than $100, which account for 70 per cent of all unclaimed balances — would be held for an as-yet unspecified period much shorter than 30 years before reverting to general revenues.

(It is legal LIE-beral THEFT! Something like 30 percent of the Toronto population moves once a year because of work or housing pressures- and crossing half the city for less than $100 dollars means you may not do it for a while- with most of the population SADLY UNAWARE of how fast LIE-berals will swoop in and grab ALL the cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And the department wants to add dormant accounts in U.S. dollars and other foreign currencies — now excluded — to the mix.

(This relentless LIE-beral pursuit of EVERY SPARE PENNY gives us a true picture of our booming economy and BANKRUPT GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Finance Canada also proposes expanding the regime to include unclaimed pension balances. There are more than 500 of these dormant accounts in federally regulated plans that have been terminated.

(And HOW does a corporate pension get terminated without its owners knowledge? Unless banker scammers are deliberately HIDING information????????)

Many active pension plans also have dormant accounts. Bell Canada, for example, says about 3,000 of its more than 100,000 pension plan members are owed benefits but can't be located.

(AND what exactly does that mean - cannot be located?? A Bell employee who worked for Bell between age 25 and age 45 and then went on to other work will not be bothered chasing his pension till he is 65!! Just because the pensioner has not been in contact in a while does not mean alien abduction was involved!! And surely if the pensioner DIED then there would be a death certificate issued?????)

(How many of these “abandoned” pensions are nothing more than govt GREED and deliberately careless research? How hard would it be to do a name search in Canada Pension Plan and income tax files to seek out people who have “abandoned” pensions??? Greed and disdain for customer service are behind much of the proliferation of “abandoned” accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dormant pension accounts eventually could be transferred to the Bank of Canada, where they would be included in a searchable online registry that lost owners could check, just as with unclaimed bank accounts.

(Oh great! MORE critical personal information put online by govt so it can be used by HACKERS!! The onus should be on govt and banks to SEEK US!! In my case the bank made ZERO effort to contact me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But Ottawa first wants to deduct income tax on those transferred pensions, and to pay no interest on the balance.

(And HOW does govt know how much income tax to charge -if they have NO IDEA how much other income the citizen has?? This is MORE GREED!!!!!!!!)

The transfer would "be made on a pre-paid tax basis. That is, income tax would be withheld and remitted to the CRA," says a Finance Canada document outlining its proposals.

Twenty-three stakeholders responded to the department's online consultation on the pension proposals by the deadline — Aug. 21, 2018 — including plan sponsors, a union, actuarial firms, banks and others.

I just don't understand why we are so far behind. - Accountant Brenda Potter Phelan on Canada's weak record in reuniting Canadians with their dormant assets.

(We are “behind” because govt GREED is more fun than customer service!!!!!!!!!!!)

A Finance Canada summary of the submissions, obtained by CBC News under the Access to Information Act, says 16 key stakeholders generally support the proposals.

Indeed, many want to expand the unclaimed-pension proposal — currently restricted to terminated plans — to include active plans in the federal sphere and even provincially regulated plans.

The document suggests, however, that Finance Canada is rejecting any broader move at present: "Consideration may be given to extend framework to ongoing plans later, pending experience and lessons learned from proposed approach."

(In other words- Finance Canada recognizes how big a can of worms they are already dealing with thanks to that CRAP public service record by bankers and are afraid to expand the GREED FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Tecumsehbonesforbrains is telling you in simple legalese.......................................

that you have said something he does not like..........................................

and thus he intends to dismiss your remark as unworthy of his attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he has no way to rebut personal experience and observation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignoring or belittling or outright censoring people who say things that LIE-berals do not like is a ROUTINE LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A caricature is only EFFECTIVE if it is rooted in truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoners DO TEND to be DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course they were often DUMB to begin with..................................

so being stoned just makes them DUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-bonesforbrains cannot refute this observation either....................................

so he will resort to some irrelevant rude observation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hope to restore is dented ego with vitriol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Go smoke some more.........................................

maybe it will make more sense then???????????????????????????

Or at least you wont care that you are too dumb to understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get stoned enough and maybe you will have happy dreams about your idol..............................

Joe Clark.......................................who???????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Curious Cdn is NOT curious enough to find out why LIE-berals and Red Tory/ LIE-beral Lite politicians are not doing well in rhe polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1