Trudeau defends actions as Philpott asks if Wilson-Raybould was sidelined over SNC-La

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpott-macleans-snc-lavalin-1.5065513

"My sense is that Canadians would like to know the whole story," she told journalist Paul Wells. "I believe we actually owe it to Canadians as politicians to ensure that they have the truth. They need to have confidence in the very basic constitutional principle of the independence of the justice system."

I wonder if we could end up seeing a split in the Liberal Party comparable to the one between the Conservative Party and the People's Party over this.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Could wind up with even more of an east-west split since once again the Liberal party is protecting Quebec.

In this case, it's more likely to become a split over different interpretations of how we should divide the legislative and judicial branches of the government.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
She ain't just whistling Dixie there. Her sense is bang on.
One would have to be a compete moron not to know that the Canadian public deserves to know the truth, Jin.

Will we ever hear it? Not until the two people who are stirring the pot finally decide it is time to dish it out.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
This is so frustrating: Trudeau keeps saying he's trying to help the "middle class" and he hasn't done a damn thing for them. He is so disingenuous it's disgusting. Mind you, I have never liked him from the get go so no one should be surprised LOL.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
This is so frustrating: Trudeau keeps saying he's trying to help the "middle class" and he hasn't done a damn thing for them. He is so disingenuous it's disgusting. Mind you, I have never liked him from the get go so no one should be surprised LOL.

As strange as it might sound, Harper's policies helped the lower classes more than Trudeau's have the "middle classes". And besides, shouldn't the lower classes, the most disadvantaged, be the ones the government should really be focussing on? Anyone lower-middle-class and up can generally take care of ourselves: we don't want government interference.

I actually admire the Hong Kong model in this. The rich pay taxes, the poor get government help, and the middle classes? The government ignores them as it should.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As strange as it might sound, Harper's policies helped the lower classes more than Trudeau's have the "middle classes". And besides, shouldn't the lower classes, the most disadvantaged, be the ones the government should really be focussing on? Anyone lower-middle-class and up can generally take care of ourselves: we don't want government interference.
I actually admire the Hong Kong model in this. The rich pay taxes, the poor get government help, and the middle classes? The government ignores them as it should.
Hong Kong capitalism explained using cows:

You have two cows.
You sell three of them to your publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute an enquity/debt swap with associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax deduction for keeping five cows.
The milk rights of six cows are transferred via a Panamanian intermediary to a Cayman Isands company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sells the rights to all seven cows' milk back to the listed company.
The annual report says that the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more.
Meanwhile, you kill the two cows because the Feng Shui is bad.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hong Kong capitalism explained using cows:
You have two cows.
You sell three of them to your publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute an enquity/debt swap with associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax deduction for keeping five cows.
The milk rights of six cows are transferred via a Panamanian intermediary to a Cayman Isands company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sells the rights to all seven cows' milk back to the listed company.
The annual report says that the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more.
Meanwhile, you kill the two cows because the Feng Shui is bad.

I don't don's know whom you hang around with, but among my circle of Hong Kong friends, I think they're honest people.

That said, your post did make me laugh.