Head writer for WKRP Dies

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If you ever watched WKRP, you may remember the name Hugh Wilson featured in the credits on every episode. He created the now legendary radio sitcom, including the character of Dr. Johnny Fever.

The prolific writer and director died over the weekend.

Wilson worked in radio and based the show on his experiences and the people he'd met over the years. In this terrific overview, he relates how and who inspired Fever, Herb Tarlek, Arthur "Big Guy" Carlson and more, as well as the story behind the infamous "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" episode.

Wilson was also behind a host of movies, including the original Police Academy. He was 74.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...or-police-academy-director-dies-at-74-1075085

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
There were scenes between the ones with Jennifer and Bailey?
:0

Yeah, he brightened up those dark years with some really funny stuff.
:)
RIP.

The original Police Academy inspired a lot of B movies including the M or N movie I Ghosted part of the soundtrack for called "Fireballs".

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I still remember the episode when Arthur Carlson wore too much rouge make-up on his face for a TV debate against Tillman.

To this day, when someone's face gets red with anger I'll say, "The guy got so mad, he had Arthur Carlson face!" :)

It's STILL a catch phrase among me and my buddies.