Ringleader in maple syrup heist gets 8 years in prison, $9.4M fine

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Can it get any more Canadian then this:

A man described as one of the ringleaders in the 2012 theft of $18.7 million worth of maple syrup has been sentenced to eight years in prison, but that term could be extended if he can't pay his multimillion-dollar fine.

On Friday, a Trois-Rivières, Que., judge handed Richard Vallières his eight-year sentence and fined him nearly $9.4 million.

If Vallières does not pay the fine, he will have to spend an additional six years behind bars.

The rest:

Ringleader in maple syrup heist gets 8 years in prison, $9.4M fine - Montreal - CBC News

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Can it get any more Canadian then this:

A man described as one of the ringleaders in the 2012 theft of $18.7 million worth of maple syrup has been sentenced to eight years in prison, but that term could be extended if he can't pay his multimillion-dollar fine.

On Friday, a Trois-Rivières, Que., judge handed Richard Vallières his eight-year sentence and fined him nearly $9.4 million.

If Vallières does not pay the fine, he will have to spend an additional six years behind bars.

The rest:

Ringleader in maple syrup heist gets 8 years in prison, $9.4M fine - Montreal - CBC News

I've been pushing Maple Syuyrp for decades, and there it is, maybe now they will listenb. IT GROWS ON TREES.

Money most certainly duzz grow on trees, your parents lied to you.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
IT GROWS ON TREES.

...actually IN trees.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The Blossom's on Riverdale, don't they own a Maple Syrup dynasty ?

[youtube]9XmFTADupMc[/youtube]

A Maple Dynasty! Awesome.

I've been pushing Maple Syuyrp for decades, and there it is, maybe now they will listenb. IT GROWS ON TREES.

Money most certainly duzz grow on trees, your parents lied to you.

I wish I could tell my dad this. Lol.