What Are You Watching Right Now?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
No energy at all today so I'm laying down and watching a litle NFL football. . Atlanta vs Philadelphia

Lazy day for me too, Ludlow.............cold heavily overcast day with periods of rain. No snow here yet though it is in the forecast for Wednesday. Curling and football will help pass the time.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What is curling Mowich?

Hmmmn.........to put it simply, it is a team consisting of four people - the skip, the lead, the second and the third as they are known - who take turns sending a hunk of rock - known as a stone - down a long narrow sheet of ice hoping to outscore their opponents by having the most number of stones closest to the pin.

Curling rink with ice separated into lanes.

Curling Stone

Team Homan - my favorite Canadian Women's Team

My favorite Canadian Men's Team - Team Brad Jacobs

In its journey down the ice the stone is aided and guided by two team members known as sweepers who work to position the rock in the spot called for by the skip. Sweepers can make a tremendous outcome in the eventual resting place of the stone. They can literally make or break a throw.

A stone being swept

Great curling requires great skill and it can be one of the most thrilling sports to watch once one understands the years of dedication and practice that have gone into reaching that level. Canadians are among the best curlers in the world and teams from other countries routinely come to Canada to improve their game and compete in our tourneys.

Any more questions, I would love to answer them if I am able............I am very passionate about my love of curling. :smile:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Hmmmn.........to put it simply, it is a team consisting of four people - the skip, the lead, the second and the third as they are known - who take turns sending a hunk of rock - known as a stone - down a long narrow sheet of ice hoping to outscore their opponents by having the most number of stones closest to the pin.

Curling rink with ice separated into lanes.

Curling Stone

Team Homan - my favorite Canadian Women's Team

My favorite Canadian Men's Team - Team Brad Jacobs

In its journey down the ice the stone is aided and guided by two team members known as sweepers who work to position the rock in the spot called for by the skip. Sweepers can make a tremendous outcome in the eventual resting place of the stone. They can literally make or break a throw.

A stone being swept

Great curling requires great skill and it can be one of the most thrilling sports to watch once one understands the years of dedication and practice that have gone into reaching that level. Canadians are among the best curlers in the world and teams from other countries routinely come to Canada to improve their game and compete in our tourneys.

Any more questions, I would love to answer them if I am able............I am very passionate about my love of curling. :smile:

Honestly I never heard of the sport. Not much curling in the desert southwest. But I'm sure we do some things out here that are foreign to you all as well.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The one thing I have noticed about you buttinski Canadians, is that you have a difficult time minding your own fukkin business. Was I addressing you moron?

okay I lookedit up. never heard of it until now

This idea of "public forum" confuses you, as well?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Honestly I never heard of the sport. Not much curling in the desert southwest. But I'm sure we do some things out here that are foreign to you all as well.

Funny you should mention curling in the desert, Ludlow..........one of the biggest and most entertaining tournaments of the year takes place in Las Vegas.

Continental Cup tournament to return to Las Vegas in 2016 - Article - TSN

Oh nostalgia city.............KCTS is showing a folk music concert with all my old favs.........listening to the Limelighters right now singing Try to Remember...................ah..................sigh............

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyHnSKE8os
here Mo
its another point of view for you to consider

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I don't really follow your comment about things there being foreign - what kind of sport do you have that I might find foreign?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyHnSKE8os
here Mo
its another point of view for you to consider

Thanks, Dan........but at the moment I am considering how very well some of my all time favorite folks singers have aged and re-living a stage in my life when I still believed that love could change everything.

These songs provided the soundtrack for my life back when I was young. Their lyrics echoed my understanding of how things stood in the world and why change was necessary.

Well I am blessed.........it's Tommy and Dick..........geez you wouldn't think Dickie has aged a year from this camera angle.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
it's a good listening screen
(i plug my laptop into the flatscreen)
livens up the florida room on those dark days

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
lol
it's a good listening screen
(i plug my laptop into the flatscreen)
livens up the florida room on those dark days

If it weren't for the fact that I am having so much fun watching a bunch of people the majority of whom are my age having a fine old time singing along to the tunes of their youth, I might try it out.

Now Billy McGuire is singing Eve of Destruction

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance 2016

Broadcast live on BBC One last night: Huw Edwards presents the Royal British Legion's annual Festival of Remembrance, which pays tribute to all victims of war and conflict.

In the presence of HM the Queen, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh and other members of the royal family, Michael Ball and Alfie Boe, Laura Mvula, Birdy and Alexander Armstrong perform alongside the Royal Air Force Squadronaires and the Band of HM Royal Marines. From World War One to the present day, as the poppy petals fall from the roof of the Royal Albert Hall in central London, the Festival remembers the many who make the ultimate sacrifice.

They remember nothing, they'd sign on to WW3 as fast as thier smooth little hands could scratch thier mark on the plan. In the old days the club was the perferred mans weapon, oh for the old days crushing heads in thier skin helmets, where's my arm, oh yeah I remember where I left it.
Trumped

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The one thing I have noticed about you buttinski Canadians, is that you have a difficult time minding your own fukkin business. Was I addressing you moron?

Hey, Lud- there's lots of us who aren't like some of these jerks! It's just that in Canada we allow free speech and ALL ideas get to be aired.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I don't really follow your comment about things there being foreign - what kind of sport do you have that I might find foreign?

Thanks, Dan........but at the moment I am considering how very well some of my all time favorite folks singers have aged and re-living a stage in my life when I still believed that love could change everything.

These songs provided the soundtrack for my life back when I was young. Their lyrics echoed my understanding of how things stood in the world and why change was necessary.

Well I am blessed.........it's Tommy and Dick..........geez you wouldn't think Dickie has aged a year from this camera angle.
I don't know. I just wasn't familiar with curling.