Canadian hostages in Philippines plead for their lives

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This was my biggest fear when I was in Iraq. No help and everyone going "HAHA". Puts into perspective that our lives aren't worth that much in comparison the a countries assets and policies.

RIP

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
RIP The minute he was captured ... he was dead.

I don't think the Canadian government had a choice. You can't pay ransom or this will become common place. However, I am also cognizant that if Harper was still the PM, several people (completely silent to this point) would be up in arms screaming he was a murderer.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We pretty much lost our foreign credibility over that gold salting thing a few years back. We have more gold in the dredge tailings in the Yukon than any mountain stream in the far Far-east could ever produce. Not nearly as dangerous for work or play.
See the Yukon, where the gold in your pan is yours
Oh yeah, RIP

RIP The minute he was captured ... he was dead.

I don't think the Canadian government had a choice. You can't pay ransom or this will become common place. However, I am also cognizant that if Harper was still the PM, several people (completely silent to this point) would be up in arms screaming he was a murderer.
A compassionate Government would sent a hit squad to make sure he end his being tortured and suffering.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
We pretty much lost our foreign credibility over that gold salting thing a few years back. We have more gold in the dredge tailings in the Yukon than any mountain stream in the far Far-east could ever produce. Not nearly as dangerous for work or play.
See the Yukon, where the gold in your pan is yours
Oh yeah, RIP

You talking about Bre-x? Yea we fixed that with the NI-43-101. Take your pills

Thanks spam

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
You talking about Bre-x? Yea we fixed that with the NI-43-101. Take your pills

Thanks spam

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Marissa Semkiw Verified account ‏@MarissaSemkiw

Marissa Semkiw Retweeted Matthew Fisher
Shocked this isn't bigger news in Canada (ex. @MFFahmy11 coverage). #ISIS about to behead 2 Cdn citizens! #cdnpoli

Marissa Semkiw Verified account ‏@MarissaSemkiw

To be clear, shouldn't be a partisan issue: Cdn PM has little leverage. Media silence strange though @MFFahmy11 @mfisheroverseas #cdnpoli

My friend, John Ridsdel, fellow Canadian Robert Hall, Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad and Hall’s Filipina girlfriend, Marites Flor, may be beheaded by Islamic extremists on Monday at 3 a.m. EDT unless a ransom of 300 million pesos or nearly $9 million is paid for each of them.

Matthew Fisher: Gruesome deadline nears for Canadian held captive by militants in the Philippines | National Post

Now
all the douchebag outlets will want to cover the story.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/137829-canadians-abducted-islamic-terrorists-guns.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...bloodthirsty-filipino-muslims-set-murder.html

...If I was one of these kidnapped Canadians, I'd be silently
praying for the sound of planes overhead, and the whistling
of the carpet bombs falling....knowing that though I'd be gone,
all the turds who kidnapped me would be gone also, and they'd
think twice before abducting another Canadian.

I'd just hope for the whistling to last long enough that I could yell
to my captors, "Hey Achmed....Suck on my Dick!!!!"

I still feel exactly the same way.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That reply was to this post. 'Bre-x? Yea we fixed that with the NI-43-101. Take your pills'
Isn't that like getting your hand caught in the cookie jar?
Most of the time it is easier to bring in a 'new company' than repair the reputation of the one that was caught red-handed. That exposure was the ringing of the bell and that was heard by a lot of people and they would have moved their money someplace else no matter what changes the CEO was promising. The last part would be having the investors return, which they wouldn't move to one just as crooked but hasn't been caught.

You can't unring a bell - Idiom Definition - UsingEnglish.com
Idiom Definitions for 'You can't unring a bell'

This means that once something has been done, you have to live with the consequences as it can't be undone.

Hope that helps.
Yes it is pretty early for the trolls to be pushing pills also. Which one is never specified btw, should it zoom my focus in on something or zoom out from said subject.
So many options

Seriously?? Those guys are never off work, should I check on what the other ones were doing while 'on vacation'?

'A spokesperson for TVI Pacific, a Calgary-based resource company, told Global News that they received confirmation that Ridsdel, a former senior VP and chief operating officer of TVI, was among those abducted.'

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Sickening. Abu Sayyaf established itself in the Philippines around 1990 and has been known for their atrocity against innocents. They started out as a small ban of Muslim militants known for their insanities and cruelty. Question is why were they left to their will of destruction for so long? Where was the Philippines army, I guess the same place as the rest of the world armies have been, running the other way.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Sickening. Abu Sayyaf established itself in the Philippines around 1990 and has been known for their atrocity against innocents. They started out as a small ban of Muslim militants known for their insanities and cruelty.
There have been bandits running amok in the southern Philippines since damned near forever I remember talking about the situation with a Filipino in the early 80's-back then all they were was bandits.
Question is why were they left to their will of destruction for so long?
Politics in the Philippines would gag a maggot-does gag maggots regularly why do you think so many end up here?
Where was the Philippines army, I guess the same place as the rest of the world armies have been, running the other way.
The Army knows how to do the job and engages the criminals when given a chance.Famous video of bad guys attacking Army post & getting creamed lots & olots of other similar vids if you have the stomach to watch some from earlier this month.

[youtube]xKOf4Sszvhs[/youtube]

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sickening. Abu Sayyaf established itself in the Philippines around 1990 and has been known for their atrocity against innocents. They started out as a small ban of Muslim militants known for their insanities and cruelty. Question is why were they left to their will of destruction for so long? Where was the Philippines army, I guess the same place as the rest of the world armies have been, running the other way.

The Philippines are a group of over 7,000 islands, and only
about 2,000 of them are populated, leaving 5,000+ islands
for these Terrorist Turds to hide out in. it's a tough situation.
I'm not justifying the lack of effort on the part of the Philippine
Gov't by any means, but just pointing out some of the obstacles.

I'm sure with the right bounty, many locals would point their
fingers in the right direction, and then when it's narrowed down
to a few small islands, you roll in and carpet bomb the living
**** out of them.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The Philippines are a group of over 7,000 islands, and only about 2,000 of them are populated, leaving 5,000+ islands for these Terrorist Turds to hide out in.I'm sure with the right bounty, many locals would point their fingers in the right direction...
That's what happened in Colombia ads on TV showed certain faces and number$$$$ beside them-Paid Now No Questions Asked.

Other ads advertised prices for bad guy's supply dumps-they literally paid people for every spare tire and fuel can they found as long as it met the minimum-the programme was a tremendous success.