Canadian hostages in Philippines plead for their lives

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I understand other hostages were let go for a small amount of money,the difference was in the process,the families of the deceased were cheated of fair process with opportunities limited by the knowledge holders,which was the Canadian government
This case is not about recanting on Canada s stance on no ransom,but more about who holds the key to fair process,as I understand the Canadian government made it worse for these families,days on end endangering the hostages
I understand in the freeing of hostages,the difference was the Filipino government was the process to go through for success,
Something to ponder along with the shame
Dam rights it is a big bruise for Canada

Calling out to all Constitution lawyers
I will assist with the design,free!

Back to not being able to manage a garage sale successfully,this case would example these sediment s

Any amount of money is still a ransom. I agree with the stance of both Harper and Trudeau here. If you are a tourist in a dangerous area, you should bear the responsibility. No ransom. Period.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I saw it on fivth estate or something like that,
I don't think Our currentPM knew what was going on,
If that was today,the outcome would or may had been different,
JT looked like s fool
But Harper did know what was going on,he allowed those hostages to live and die as they did
Many Canadians have been mistreated or placed in jeopardy on international grounds,
This being at the expense of influences of party policy and agendas of liaison and supposedly intelligence gathering,

Canadians have been used in pawns for political gain ,victims of a game of outcomes in which few benifit from,
Conservative policies have made a mess of Canadians safety globally

I would like to know who instructed our PM to speak those words ,ie Canada doesn't do ransoms,what a foolish and provoked statement
Our PM should have fired that SOB or DOB for suchbad advice and down right dysfunction
I think I will google our PMs foolish statements,see if I can assess his sincerity to such foolish response so short after an election
Who was the idiots who advised him
The RCMP?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Where's the opinions on our PM presenting like a fool regarding this cheating process which resulted in Canadians being held hostage and murdered in the Phillipines
Father Trudeau rolled over in his grave

What about all these Canadian embassy people ,what are they doing?
Sounds like they are useless,and have minimal expertise on Canadian values and Canadians Constitutional rights
Political wh ores they are

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Philippine militants accused of beheading Canadian tourists surrender
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Jim Gomez
Publishing date:Jun 17, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 2 minute read • 15 Comments
The Abu Sayyaf terrorist group released a video in 2016 demanding more than $100-million for the release of four hostages, including two Canadians, who were kidnapped from a resort in the southern Philippines. The video obtained by the SITE Intelligence Group showed black-clad gunmen standing over Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall, as well Hall’s girlfriend Marites Flor and Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad.
The Abu Sayyaf terrorist group released a video in 2016 demanding more than $100-million for the release of four hostages, including two Canadians, who were kidnapped from a resort in the southern Philippines. The video obtained by the SITE Intelligence Group showed black-clad gunmen standing over Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall, as well Hall’s girlfriend Marites Flor and Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad. PHOTO BY SCREENGRAB /SITE Intelligence Group
MANILA, Philippines — Two long-wanted Abu Sayyaf militant commanders accused of beheading two kidnapped Canadian tourists and a German in the southern Philippines have surrendered to authorities, officials said Friday.

Almujer Yadah and Bensito Quitino gave themselves up to military officials in Jolo town in southern Sulu province and surrendered their assault rifles, Sulu military commander Maj. Gen. Ignatius Patrimonio and other security officials said. The officials did not provide details of how and when the surrenders were arranged.

The two were briefly presented in a news conference in an army camp in Jolo and later turned over to police.

Sulu provincial police chief Col. Jaime Mojica said they will face multiple murder and other criminal charges, including violation of the country’s anti-terrorism law. The militants are accused of beheading the hostages after failing to obtain large ransoms they had demanded.

They also were involved in other ransom kidnappings and bomb attacks, Mojica said.

Canadian tourists Robert Hall and John Ridsdel were abducted by Abu Sayyaf gunmen from a marina on southern Samal island along with a Norwegian and a Filipino in September 2015 and taken to jungle camps in Sulu.

Hall and Ridsdel were beheaded by the militants months later after the deadline for payment of the ransoms passed. Videos released by the militants showed the victims being brutally killed in front of an Islamic State group-style black flag. The Norwegian and Filipino hostages were eventually freed.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said at the time that he was horrified by the killings and affirmed Canada’s refusal to “pay ransoms for hostages to terrorist groups, as doing so would endanger the lives of more Canadians.” He said Canada was working with the Philippine government “to pursue those responsible for these heinous acts and bring them to justice, however long it takes.”

Other key suspects in the kidnappings and killings of Hall and Ridsdel were killed earlier in clashes with Philippine forces.

Mojica said the two militants were also involved in the 2017 beheading in Sulu of German hostage Jurgen Gustav Kantner. Abu Sayyaf gunmen seized Kantner at gunpoint and killed a woman sailing with him off neighboring Malaysia’s Sabah state. Villagers later found a dead woman on a yacht with a German flag off Sulu’s Laparan Island.

The United States and the Philippines have labeled the Abu Sayyaf a terrorist organization for kidnappings, beheadings and bombings. The small but brutal group emerged in the early 1990s as an extremist offshoot of a decades-long Muslim separatist rebellion in the southern Philippines, the homeland of minority Muslims in the largely Roman Catholic nation.

The Abu Sayyaf has been weakened considerably by decades of military offensives, surrenders and infighting, and is currently estimated by the military to have less than 200 armed fighters, but remains a national security threat.
1655541365952.png

Reactions: Ron in Regina