Post Election Poll shows Commanding Liberal Majority

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016

The first post-election poll is out, and it is a doozy.

Does a poll conducted four years before the next federal election mean a lot? No. Of course, it says nothing about the next election and, really, has no impact on where things stand today. But it is an indication of how Canadians are reacting to the new Liberal government. And before you say "It's only Forum", remember that Forum nailed the election results almost exactly.

Oh, and it marks the first salvo in what will undoubtedly be a barrage of Conservative leadership polling that we will see between now and the date that the next leader is actually chosen.

The poll gives the Liberals the support of 55% of Canadians, an enormous number that the Conservatives never managed in any poll throughout their tenure. My records only go back so far and are incomplete the earlier they go, but even back in the days of 2002 and 2003, when the Liberals faced a divided opposition and the coming Paul Martin juggernaut was poised to deliver Liberal rule for the rest of time, the party was only polling at around the 50% mark.

ThreeHundredEight.com: First post-election poll is not bad for the Liberals

#CanadaIsBack
I no longer have faith in this party. I like giving, but I don't like giving away my shirt or my safety. I also believe in democracy; our views/ opinion are systematically being ignored by the Liberals, I don't believe that we agreed to take 50,000+ refugees ( McCallum is saying probably more now at a cost of over 1 billion), give 2 billions to 3rd world countries to help them become green, bring 10,000 reunification (elders who will never work in Canada) 10K for now, a lot lot more later; a deficit that is worst than Pierre Trudeau's; the legalization of weed (which is cool, but now it looks like it's only a Liberal cash grab- $20 for a gram!!; give to the middle class!! nothing wrong there, but don't we have poor people!! Preferential treatment for QC companies, but not a word about other provinces suffering, yup lost my faith.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I no longer have faith in this party. I like giving, but I don't like giving away my shirt or my safety. I also believe in democracy; our views/ opinion are systematically being ignored by the Liberals, I don't believe that we agreed to take 50,000+ refugees ( McCallum is saying probably more now at a cost of over 1 billion), give 2 billions to 3rd world countries to help them become green, bring 10,000 reunification (elders who will never work in Canada) 10K for now, a lot lot more later; a deficit that is worst than Pierre Trudeau's; the legalization of weed (which is cool, but now it looks like it's only a Liberal cash grab- $20 for a gram!!; give to the middle class!! nothing wrong there, but don't we have poor people!! Preferential treatment for QC companies, but not a word about other provinces suffering, yup lost my faith.
Have they actually legalized the weed yet ?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That honeymoon is still on.

I just don't get it.

Harper was such a nice fellow.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So nothing has changed, except the ability for the conservative to split the vote equally between the NDP and the Liberals.

Wait a minute, I've said that 4 years ago.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Everyone knows about vote splitting.

That's why people strategically voted Liberal once the NDP took a dive during the election.

It's also the reason why the Liberals swung left - they want to hold on to that vote.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Everyone knows about vote splitting.

That's why people strategically voted Liberal once the NDP took a dive during the election.

It's also the reason why the Liberals swung left - they want to hold on to that vote.

Well as long as Liberals continue to do that we are right back to the old Canada, the Liberals have enjoyed ruling most years since its biggining. Except for all those times they screwed up so bad, people voted for the next best thing.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ontario has more than it's share of retards and mouthbreathers. that's why.