PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Re: PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

Can you expand on what you're getting at?

Simple, one can't blame Trudeau and the Libs for something that was already in the works and approved under the previous government. Well, actually, one can. If one is a brain dead idealistic moron. Oh look, Levant fits that description. Amazing eh.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Simple, one can't blame Trudeau and the Libs for something that was already in the works and approved under the previous government. Well, actually, one can. If one is a brain dead idealistic moron. Oh look, Levant fits that description. Amazing eh.
I'd agree with you, but unfortunately the Conservatives didn't import them and brand them as "refugees", in the manner the Liberals did.

If you may remember, there was a dicussion about how much luggage these people were dragging with them. Or how Trudeau's minions were asking them to take off their appropriate winter jackets, in some cases nicer ones than they recieved from JT, so they could get new ones from JT.

The Liberals billed this as a massive humanitarian effort to remove these people from harms way, deplorable conditions and give them sanctuary.

The Conservatives didn't do that.

Now it turns out these people were living comfortably in neighbouring countries, while the Liberal govt flooded the news with images of refugee camps and interview centres. Which is extremely mislieading and dishonest.

I don't know how else to describe it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I'd agree with you, but unfortunately the Conservatives didn't import them and brand them as "refugees", in the manner the Liberals did.

If you may remember, there was a dicussion about how much luggage these people were dragging with them. Or how Trudeau's minions were asking them to take off their appropriate winter jackets, in some cases nicer ones than they recieved from JT, so they could get new ones from JT.

The Liberals billed this as a massive humanitarian effort to remove these people from harms way, deplorable conditions and give them sanctuary.

The Conservatives didn't do that.

Now it turns out these people were living comfortably in neighbouring countries, while the Liberal govt flooded the news with images of refugee camps and interview centres. Which is extremely mislieading and dishonest.

I don't know how else to describe it.

Ok, I'm also having a problem with this being "new" news. When the "refugees" first started coming here around Christmas and JT and other Pols had their photo ops, it was well known where they were coming from and the fact that they were all sponsored privately and not by the government. This is another example of levant stirring the pot where there is no need to. Playing to the uninformed and misinformed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

A pageant of imagery. Nothing but imagery and apparently it works.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Ok, I'm also having a problem with this being "new" news. When the "refugees" first started coming here around Christmas and JT and other Pols had their photo ops, it was well known where they were coming from and the fact that they were all sponsored privately and not by the government.
That's not how the Liberals billed it. That's is expressly why we had to urgently fly them in on govt jets. It was billed as a massive humanitarian mission.

Sponsored or not. And not all of them were sponsored, or we wouldn't be putting thousands up in hotels.

These people had apartments, jobs, lives. No wonder the ones that have ended up in stuck in hotels are unhappy. They've actually gone backwards.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I see, though, that instead of crying and sounding the alarm that JT is letting in hordes of potential terrorists, that we are now down to complaining that they are all actually middle class people from across the world who were living a comfortable life in a resort like city.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

These people had apartments, jobs, lives. No wonder the ones that have ended up in stuck in hotels are unhappy. They've actually gone backwards.
Which is what I heard on CBC from the mouth of a refugee complaint about the $920 they are to receive for housing. "We didn't come here to live in one bedroom apartment like we had in Jordan for the past three years. Why did we bother?"

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I see, though, that instead of crying and sounding the alarm that JT is letting in hordes of potential terrorists, that we are now down to complaining that they are all actually middle class people from across the world who were living a comfortable life in a resort like city.
You can try and spin this any way you want to put it all on Ezra, but at the end of the day JT and company were dishonest at best.

Which is what I heard on CBC from the mouth of a refugee complaint about the $920 they are to receive for housing. "We didn't come here to live in one bedroom apartment like we had in Jordan for the past three years. Why did we bother?"
Bingo.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

and again, which government was in power when they were approved for refugee status.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

and again, which government was in power when they were approved for refugee status.
I don't disagree that they are in fact refugees from Syria. My issue is with how they were billed and how they were being presented to Canadians, to further justify extreme measures to get them here.

It's no different than the previous govts use of terrorism to push through draconian legislation eroding our civil liberties. Just a different agenda.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

They're credible enough that the established media in Canada rallied to The Rebel's defence.

That's not accurate. There was rebellion against the NDP's move to bar based on their association with one particular media outlet. And rightly so, any admissibility rules should apply equally to everyone. It was the principle that was being defended, not The Rebel. In fact many coming out against the banning were careful to distance themselves from both The Rebel and Levant.

"The issue here is not whether Levant is a journalist — so far as he is, suffice to say he is a stain on the trade — but, as more than one commentator rightly put it, that it is no business for the government to decide."
- Andrew Coyne, National Post Commentator

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Who stuck them in a hotel in downtown Vancouver in January without any forethought?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

That's not accurate. There was rebellion against the NDP's move to bar based on their association with one particular media outlet. And rightly so, any admissibility rules should apply equally to everyone. It was the principle that was being defended, not The Rebel. In fact many coming out against the banning were careful to distance themselves from both The Rebel and Levant.

"The issue here is not whether Levant is a journalist — so far as he is, suffice to say he is a stain on the trade — but, as more than one commentator rightly put it, that it is no business for the government to decide."
- Andrew Coyne, National Post Commentator
Yes, I get it, you hate Levant and lack any objectivity regarding The Rebel. There's a thread on that topic already.

But while we're on the topic of goons, and trash journalism, and so on...

It was heartening and not a little ironic to see members of the Media Party, as he delights in calling us, rising as one to defend Ezra Levant and his fellow agitators on The Rebel website against the Alberta government’s ill-fated attempt to ban them from press briefings.

From the very Op/Ed piece you quoted. But hey, don't let those facts get in the way of your pretend objectivity... derp.

Who stuck them in a hotel in downtown Vancouver in January without any forethought?
Harper?

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

Yes, I get it, you hate Levant and lack any objectivity regarding The Rebel. There's a thread on that topic already.
But while we're on the topic of goons, and trash journalism, and so on...
It was heartening and not a little ironic to see members of the Media Party, as he delights in calling us, rising as one to defend Ezra Levant and his fellow agitators on The Rebel website against the Alberta government’s ill-fated attempt to ban them from press briefings.
From the very Op/Ed piece you quoted. But hey, don't let those facts get in the way of your pretend objectivity... derp.

Sorry. I apologize. Obviously Mr. Levant is a widely respected stain on the trade. What was I thinking?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Sorry. I apologize. Obviously Mr. Levant is a widely respected stain on the trade. What was I thinking?
You should probably stick to what I actually said, instead of being dishonest and making stuff up.

You wouldn't want to look like a member of a goon squad or anything, lol.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

You should probably stick to what I actually said, instead of being dishonest and making stuff up.

You wouldn't want to look like a member of a goon squad or anything, lol.

Out here on the left coast we call that "shooting blanks". There might be a medication that can help you with that. :)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Out here on the left coast we call that "shooting blanks". There might be a medication that can help you with that. :)
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing out your hypocrisy and lack of objectivity.

I don't think there's any medication for the butthurt you feel though.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Nope, and neither did JT. If Harper had won, those same refugees would have come over and placed in the same place. Wouldn't have mattered who was in power.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Rebel media the rebirth of SUN and Fox North they are not credible in the
eyes of established media and 'Ezra is there that is enough to diminish
view of the so called media outlet. This is a rag tag right wing view that is
kept at arms length of even credible conservative outlets

Being different that huff post and tyee news how? Except the rebel happens to be on the right side of the fence.

Nope, and neither did JT. If Harper had won, those same refugees would have come over and placed in the same place. Wouldn't have mattered who was in power.

Perhaps, although there is less of a chance they would have come here at all with Harper still in power.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Perhaps, although there is less of a chance they would have come here at all with Harper still in power.

These refugees had been vetted and approved while Harpers Conservative government was in power.