Wal-Mart to close 269 stores

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
This whole thread is a lie because BHO just said the opposite.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Hopefully they will relocate most of the employees in their other stores.

Gee. What a surprise you would apply this to that. Incidentally I might have broken my little toe the other day because I was thinking about the sotu speech so it's Obamas fault as well.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm sure they will (not) relocate 10,000 people that puts 10,000 locals out of a job. The old managers will be gathering the shopping carts in the parking lot. Good news for Dollar Store.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You had better know what stuff costs before you go into a Costco. There are some deals to be had, there but most of the merchandise is overpriced.

I'm not sure about now but going back 30 years their meat was always out of sight, further ahead just to watch the flyers!

This whole thread is a lie because BHO just said the opposite.

Going to be tough when Obama is gone, not sure there's another man who can fill his boots!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm not sure what the big deal is...

The Walmart Express was designed to go up against CVS, Rx and other small Pharmacy Chain Stores.. they failed. It might be that they have reached a saturation point.

It would be like competing against Shopper Drug Mart in Canada. Shoppers has their niche customer base and Walmart Large Chain stores has theirs.

No sense in trying to mix oil and water.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm not sure what the big deal is...

The Walmart Express was designed to go up against CVS, Rx and other small Pharmacy Chain Stores.. they failed. It might be that they have reached a saturation point.

It would be like competing against Shopper Drug Mart in Canada. Shoppers has their niche customer base and Walmart Large Chain stores has theirs.

No sense in trying to mix oil and water.

Shopper'Drug Mart was purchased by Loblaws a year and a bit back. Presidents Choice food products are all over our local store, now and they are part of a much larger entity that is duking it out with Walmart in Canada in all sorts of markets. They are expensive but ours is open 24 Hrs.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Whoa, This Town Turned Their Abandoned Walmart Into A Library! You Won’t Believe How Big It Is!

http://blog.theliteracysite.com/aba...al_fb_link_abandoned-walmart-library_01242016

What would you do with 125,000 square feet of empty space? (FYI, that’s the size of about 2 1/2 football fields.)

The City of McAllen, Texas decided to fill it with books. When their local Walmart went out of business, they saw it as an opportunity to create the ultimate community meeting place.

Any fears of being unable to fill the space were put to rest in the opening weeks. According to interim director Kate Horan, new registrations and book loans are “through the roof.”

“We used to be really busy on Sunday afternoons,” she said in an interview with Slate. “Now, every day is a Sunday afternoon.”

walmart4

The McAllen Public Library is now the largest single-story public library in the US. (The award for biggest outright goes to the Library of Congress.)

See how the architects achieved this amazing transformation in this video!

more .....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
There are 24hr Walmarts in ON.

Where? Not in GTA that I can find.

Walmart doesn't stay open 24 hours. Maybe there are some but in Phoenix,,the largest capital city in the nation , Walmart stores close at midnight and open up again at 6 in the morning.

West Virginia has some. Small little town near the beach in North Carolina has one. I assumed it was all over. Neither of those markets is bigger than Toronto (or Phoenix). Not sure why they would close in larger centres.