Tories take backseat to NDP and Wildrose in Alberta

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Everyone should just take note of how much tax they are paying now and then take another peek in a year!

For me personally, I don't care anymore who wins. I mean, JT knows how to use the Internet, Harper does not.. JT advertises on my websites, Harper doesn't.

So I'm washing my hands of politics and just following the money.

Then I'll move back to Texas.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Notley actually gave a great acceptance speech so did Jean.
There are so many who never believed it would happen. The
Province has more youth voters and more seniors who do
no want any reductions in benefits and they came to together
to force the issue. People make all kinds of statements
depending on their vent and this time is no different.
Notley did have a speech to recite and she should you want
to make a good start to things.
Tonight I am still watching the Federal, leaning with Mulcair but
not ready to go there quite yet. Harper NO Greens NO
young Trudeau he may not be relevant in the near future we'll
see.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
I woke up this morning to the sounds of Albertans trying not to swallow. Wow! This is going to make for some very interesting discussions amongst us old pharts that remember well the "let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark".

If Justine takes the reigns, the planet will most surely tilt and Albertans will be heading for the black hills and Montana by the busloads.

Harper had a sour look on his face in Holland yesterday....now I know why. He was obviously tuned into the on-going polling so as to give him acid reflux.

My, how the oil doth boil when it get's overheated.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
First things first, time to convert the Deerfoor Trail into an 8-lane pedal-bike highway.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I woke up this morning to the sounds of Albertans trying not to swallow. Wow! This is going to make for some very interesting discussions amongst us old pharts that remember well the "let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark".

If Justine takes the reigns, the planet will most surely tilt and Albertans will be heading for the black hills and Montana by the busloads.

Harper hd a sour look on his face in Holland yesterday....now I know why. He was obviously tuned into the on-going polling ao as to give him acid reflux.

My, how the oil doth boil when it get's overheated.
Looks like the beginning of the end of transfer payments as we know them .
Quebec Ontario and the maritimes must be quaking .

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Time to diversify the economy with a union-wage Albertan ship building industry!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The NDP can't win a federal seat in Saskatchewan and they win the provincial election in Alberta.

Please turn off Upside Down World up there.

It's very confusing.

Can you really call it an N.D.P. win? I just think people didn't want anything to do with anyone connected to Alison Redford and Jim Prentice to a lesser degree. Prentice showed his "true colours" five minutes after the "victory" was official!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This was a case of the Tories knew four days ago they were toast and Prentice
was preparing the resignation speech then. The NDP is going to make a difference
for seniors and medicare and that is what got the elected
Seniors voted for their rightful entitlement and young people voted with them in
large numbers. I see a trend here perhaps. I for one could see myself voting
NDP if we could get rid of Harper
Agreed

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can you really call it an N.D.P. win? I just think people didn't want anything to do with anyone connected to Alison Redford and Jim Prentice to a lesser degree. Prentice showed his "true colours" five minutes after the "victory" was official!

True, it's more of a PC defeat than an NDP win. I think that's what happened in BC in 2001. It wasn't so much a Liberal victory as an NDP defeat (and boy did they get thrashed). We've had a Liberal government since. So look out Alberta you may be stuck with this government for 14 years.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
True, it's more of a PC defeat than an NDP win. I think that's what happened in BC in 2001. It wasn't so much a Liberal victory as an NDP defeat (and boy did they get thrashed). We've had a Liberal government since. So look out Alberta you may be stuck with this government for 14 years.

It might not take that long, Corduroy, Albertans have "private enterprise" more or less embedded in their blood, while B.C. has always been more partial to unions. We'll see.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Can you really call it an N.D.P. win? I just think people didn't want anything to do with anyone connected to Alison Redford and Jim Prentice to a lesser degree.

But isn't that the Canadian way ? We don't elect new governments, we fire the old ones.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
good. now lets kick the cons out of the rest of the country.

Before you get too gung ho about this you better find a better alternative. Jr. and Mulcair don't give a sh*t about the west. Do you really think paying more taxes is going to help us? Jr. contrary to what he claims is also intent on helping the rich (unless you believe an income of $200 grand doesn't qualify you as rich)