Tories take backseat to NDP and Wildrose in Alberta

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re: Tories take backseat to NDP and Widrose in Alberta

for a short time

i think business in Alberta is seeking bigger vision and a more cooperative platform,tonight may be what they are looking for,Ikno w for myself i have some big visions for business in Alberta,and don't think for a minute,the colour orange means restrictive or pansy like.
good bye old thinkers,good bye old people with manipulating ways,
hello new thinkers,hello young ones.
No longer is there community dividing,we can finally work in the Province as one,we can be a Province as a whole.
Alberta has spoken.

The bigger news might be that Crude has broke through $60.

I guess Prentice just showed his true colours..............................good riddance!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So she just mentioned "a national approach to the environment" in reference to dealing with Harper.

Well then... get ready for the fireworks folks. :lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So she just mentioned "a national approach to the environment" in reference to dealing with Harper.

Well then... get ready for the fireworks folks. :lol:

and why would there be fireworks? When she mentioned working with the Feds on the environment, the room started to boo... she immediately told them to back down and reminded her supporters that the Conservatives were the elected government of Canada and they needed to work with them. She is appearing to be a very smart woman. I doubt "fireworks" are on the agenda.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What the hell happened? I thought I was reading a Canadian version of theonion until I realized it was serious.

The first line in a CBC news article says it all: "It's a massive shock that has turned Canadian politics on its head."

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
She should enjoy it while she can, I don't think her time will be long. I think it's just a matter of Alison's and Prentice's failures over Rachel's abilities!
True. Once the taxes start adding up it will third down.. punt.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This was a case of the Tories knew four days ago they were toast and Prentice
was preparing the resignation speech then. The NDP is going to make a difference
for seniors and medicare and that is what got the elected
Seniors voted for their rightful entitlement and young people voted with them in
large numbers. I see a trend here perhaps. I for one could see myself voting
NDP if we could get rid of Harper

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Prentice resigned before they even finished counting the votes.

Just goes to show what kind of a 'leader' that guy was.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This was a case of the Tories knew four days ago they were toast and Prentice
was preparing the resignation speech then. The NDP is going to make a difference
for seniors and medicare and that is what got the elected
Seniors voted for their rightful entitlement and young people voted with them in
large numbers. I see a trend here perhaps. I for one could see myself voting
NDP if we could get rid of Harper

I think we've seen enough of the N.D.P. to know they will always be just "a flash in the pan"!

Prentice resigned before they even finished counting the votes.

Just goes to show what kind of a 'leader' that guy was.

"Leader"- I think "flake" might be a better word!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I saw all the speeches and I'd probably give the nod to the Wildrose leader. It's clear that he's a total dick but he at least had some character unlike that complete husk of a corpse reciting her victory speech at the NDP rally.

Liberal guy wins best award for pretending his party wasn't completely decimated.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I saw all the speeches and I'd probably give the nod to the Wildrose leader. It's clear that he's a total dick but he at least had some character unlike that complete husk of a corpse reciting her victory speech at the NDP rally.

Liberal guy wins best award for pretending his party wasn't completely decimated.

As far as the long term future goes I wouldn't put too much stock in what has happened tonight- sort of like that doomed boat in the Mediterranean, as soon as trouble was detected everyone ran from one side to the other- emotions overtook reason!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
and why would there be fireworks? When she mentioned working with the Feds on the environment, the room started to boo... she immediately told them to back down and reminded her supporters that the Conservatives were the elected government of Canada and they needed to work with them. She is appearing to be a very smart woman. I doubt "fireworks" are on the agenda.

Until the Federal Election.. LOL and Justin Trudeau wins

If this election is a sample, I'm guessing JT will be PM.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
As far as the long term future goes I wouldn't put too much stock in what has happened tonight- sort of like that doomed boat in the Mediterranean, as soon as trouble was detected everyone ran from one side to the other- emotions overtook reason!

Tough medicine is what this was.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well you should be happy, now you'll be on your way to a more Eco-Friendly Canada. NO?

Everyone should just take note of how much tax they are paying now and then take another peek in a year!

I'm guessing Rummy is drowning his sorrows in a 40 pounder.

I wish all Albertans better years ahead as Big Oil slides down hill and alternatives lead the way to the future. The NDP should petition Elon Musk to open a plant there.

Did you check the markets today? Oil is already making a come back!