Edmonton father jailed for throwing infant son in 'frustration'

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Eight Reasons to Spank your child..

1. Love.
You have to love your child enough to be tough and do what is necessary to get the desired result. Parent first, friend second.

2. You want to be respected.
To be feared (in the sense of reverence) is to be respected. Your children should be weary of going against your rules. It also teaches them to submit to authority regardless of whether or not they agree.

3. You want to teach them how to make good decisions.
Our destinies are determined by decision-making. Children have the option to obey or face the consequences, and they need to know consequences hurt.

4. You want them to have self-control.
When you are aware of what is on the other side of making a poor decision, it is easier to exercise restraint.

5. You want them to be accountable.
Every decision has an outcome, good or bad. Just as your reward your child for the good, you must also acknowledge and address the bad.

6. You want to set standards.
Children need limits to learn how to grow up with restraint. They will never be able to do whatever they want. Teach them to live by the rules set in place.

7. You see strength not weakness.
Western parents seem to assume fragility rather than strength. Spanking your child properly is not going to damage their self-esteem. Accepting mediocrity and dismissing poor behavior teaches them to indulge in being weak.

8. It works best.
Some kids need it, period. When time-out, talking and taking away toys doesn’t work, you have to get that butt.

Can we use those to rate your posts as to whjy they are so far south of 'normal'?

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Punch a cop and you'll get a full deuce, pen time.

It's because of his remorse and clean slate but hey, f-ck it, just hang him.

Yeah, everyone has remorse when they are caught or going to jail..

All my life I personally have had a short temper and a quick lip.. (talk back)

I've always been told; "engage your brain before speaking;" and "take a deep breath and think before you act.."

No kids.. just don't want any brats running around the house.. like my freedom.

Can we use those to rate your posts as to whjy they are so far south of 'normal'?

It's obvious you were dropped on your head one to many times as a child.. definite brain damage.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Eight Reasons to Spank your child..

1. Love.
You have to love your child enough to be tough and do what is necessary to get the desired result. Parent first, friend second.

2. You want to be respected.
To be feared (in the sense of reverence) is to be respected.
Assuming you're a sick bastard.

Your children should be weary of going against your rules. It also teaches them to submit to authority regardless of whether or not they agree.
Sieg Heil.

8. It works best.
Some kids need it, period. When time-out, talking and taking away toys doesn’t work, you have to get that butt.
"Get that butt?" Chester the Molester speaks.

By the sound of it Sal, you're long over due for a spanking.. ;)
Good idea. Take advantage of that free Canadian health care.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I know they cover a massage every now and then but but I didn't realize you could determine that she is wearing leather and spiked heels

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
agreed,

it's pure frustration on the part of the parent, they simply don't know what to do so they resort to physical control via instilling fear of pain by inflicting pain...wtf?

they should be using their head before their hand

Curious, do you, or have you had kids?

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca

What are you raging about MHz??

If you have an issue with the 8 reasons.. argue it with the trained licensed psychologist with over 10 years of experience who wrote the article.

Dr. LaShaun Williams, Psychologist, Baltimore, MD
Years in Practice: 10 Years
School: California School of Professional Psychology
Year Graduated: 2004
License No. and State: 04659 Maryland

8 Reasons to Spank Your Kids | MadameNoire

You're pretty brave hiding behind your computer spewing your B.S. Tonto.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Assuming you're a sick bastard.

Sieg Heil.

Good idea. Take advantage of that free Canadian health care.

You really don't have a clue, do you.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Sal..... you have or have had kids? I'll expand on that...... have you actually raised any kids?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

While we are all probably agreed that B00Mer didn't write them rules (since there was no source link there B00Mer), going the child molester route is likely not your best choice son.

As for the article, the sister that wrote it in her own vernacular seems to have made a lot of people mad lo these past many years. Look her up your own selves. Seems she's been doing some internetty self-scrubbing though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=LaShaun+Williams&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You really don't have a clue, do you.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Sal..... you have or have had kids? I'll expand on that...... have you actually raised any kids?
Meaning what? If I haven't, no opinion I have can possibly be valid?

Yes, actually, I reared two siblings. But don't let that stop you from deciding that doesn't count, mmm-kay?

What are you raging about MHz??

If you have an issue with the 8 reasons.. argue it with the trained licensed psychologist with over 10 years of experience who wrote the article.

Dr. LaShaun Williams, Psychologist, Baltimore, MD
Years in Practice: 10 Years
School: California School of Professional Psychology
Year Graduated: 2004
License No. and State: 04659 Maryland

8 Reasons to Spank Your Kids | MadameNoire

You're pretty brave hiding behind your computer spewing your B.S. Tonto.
I figured your alleged ignoring wouldn't last for more'n a couple of days.

No mental discipline. Comes of being stupid.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It does. Because he's obviously a raging a-hole.

That's complete and total baloney and you know it. You jumped in from the beginning defending his actions, acting as if this was just something that every parent does. Except no, not every parent throws a 13 week old baby with the force of a two or three story fall. This was not situation of a disciplinary method that took things a bit too far. This was a behaviour, an action, that never should have occurred in the first place. The guy even says it himself in the article, he's quoted as saying he was "too proud to ask for help". Help with his temper? Help with his child caring techniques? Help with his frustration and how to deal with it without causing harm to his child? Very likely. Or was it help with his, what was it you also tried to obscure the topic with again? Oh yeah, sleepwalking. :roll:

None of this is about anyone wanting to lynch mob this guy. All of this is about your blind defense of an action that is considered by others to be pretty indefensible, seemingly including the perpetrator himself.

So stop trying to make this about something it's not. I'm not buying it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
By the sound of it Sal, you're long over due for a spanking.. ;)
well you got this part right, it's about the only time I can see spanking as justified with maybe a hair yank or two

I know they cover a massage every now and then but but I didn't realize you could determine that she is wearing leather and spiked heels
those days are long past my friend

Curious, do you, or have you had kids?
Pete already tried that...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have not the first doubt that sent Boomster into a frenzy of masturbation. Which thought sent me into a frenzy of vomiting.
Pepto bismol.... it's magic

if that doesn't work you will have to poke your eye with a fork