More Seattle restaurants close doors as $15 minimum wage approaches

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes it is.. I agree.. my point is, quit complaining about what you have, somebody somewhere has it worse. Be happy and grateful that you have a job.

So we should be content making $2/hour and eating cat food because somebody in Bhutan is starving? Gotcha!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So we should be content making $2/hour and eating cat food because somebody in Bhutan is starving? Gotcha!

Globalization :lol:

Of course as always you take it out of context.. we are talking about Seattle and a minimum wage of $7/hr plus and in the USA that is not a bad wage.

If a person desires more than $7/hr they should go get an education, collage or trade school and better themselves.

slave mentality

Yup slave mentality if you're a pinko commie bedwetting sapsucking twit, like you. I own you.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
My girlfriend was a personal banker. At $15/hr he'd be allowed $800 for mortgage/taxes/condo fees and insurance. Must be a shyte hole.

Sock puppets don't qualify as a girlfriend

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
My girlfriend was a personal banker. At $15/hr he'd be allowed $800 for mortgage/taxes/condo fees and insurance. Must be a shyte hole.

I'm going to call this one B.S.

If you have a great credit score I don't see any reason why one would not get a loan.

Rent in Calgary is about $1200 a month, if he is paying rent, why wouldn't he be able to cover the mortgage?

...and your mother is now a personal banker??

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm going to call this one B.S.

I'm not surprised. Five minutes on Google would prove me right though. Her bank allows up to 32%. 28% is normal range.

Mortgage Basics, Ch. 1: Can you afford that house? Know debt-to-income ratios

Front-end ratio: The housing expense, or front-end, ratio shows how much of your gross (pretax) monthly income would go toward the mortgage payment. As a general guideline, your monthly mortgage payment, including principal, interest, real estate taxes and homeowners insurance, should not exceed 28 percent of your gross monthly income. To calculate your housing expense ratio, multiply your annual salary by 0.28, then divide by 12 (months). The answer is your maximum housing expense ratio.

At 5% down, CMHC would have to insure the mortgage increasing the monthly payment even more.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction."
-Leo Tolstoy

The supposition that if only the working poor would get more education, dress fashionably, learn to speak properly, they would all be investment bankers is nonsense. Capitalism is built on maintaining an underclass and the threat of unemployment.

Mind you, social darwinism should have taken care of many here delighting in the plight of the less advantaged.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

She was, was she. "Was" being the operative word. I gather she's unemployed like you.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm not surprised. Five minutes on Google would prove me right though. Her bank allows up to 32%. 28% is normal range.

Oh horse pucky...

http://www.albertamortgagesource.ca/

"Own a Home Today with Zero Down Payment

Contrary to popular belief the Federal Government continues to allow home buyers to purchase a home with no down payment. Currently there is only one program left for 0% down and we are the leading experts in this product. Contact us today and we'll help you determine if this option is available to you!"

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

At 5% down, CMHC would have to insure the mortgage increasing the monthly payment even more.

been a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since you looked at buying a house or your "girlfriend" was in the mortgage business I see. .28 eh. lol...... I doubt anyone uses .28 anymore, unless you are an extreme credit risk.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Oh horse pucky...

http://www.albertamortgagesource.ca/

"Own a Home Today with Zero Down Payment

Contrary to popular belief the Federal Government continues to allow home buyers to purchase a home with no down payment. Currently there is only one program left for 0% down and we are the leading experts in this product. Contact us today and we'll help you determine if this option is available to you!"
In not talking about down payment. I'm taking about front end ratio. Do you know the difference?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
yes tips should be done away with.....I'm all for that unless someone can show me why I should not be

My daughter works at a pub as a server. She pays her mortgage, car loan and insurance with her tips. Groceries, school expenses and gas with the $13.50 an hour.

I rarely hear "dad I need $xxx" anymore. I pay her tuition of $24,000 a year and the rest is up to her.

Question is ; " if she wasn't a hottie, would she be able to do that?"