Ben Carson for prez 2016

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Benny won't go very far with quotes like this:

"You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery ... And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Benny won't go very far with quotes like this:

"You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery ... And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government."

Well, you gotta admit........politics does attract the crackpots! -:)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't know anything about the guy. Too bad politics is so cut throat, especially now in the US. He could well be a quality candidate but the political smear campaigns are out of control. The biggest challenge for anyone wanting to run for Prez isn't ISIS or economics. It's the other side of the aisle. Half of the country not only wants the Prez to fail they actively work to create failure. It's nuttery at its finest.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't know anything about the guy. Too bad politics is so cut throat, especially now in the US. He could well be a quality candidate but the political smear campaigns are out of control. The biggest challenge for anyone wanting to run for Prez isn't ISIS or economics. It's the other side of the aisle. Half of the country not only wants the Prez to fail they actively work to create failure. It's nuttery at its finest.

Yep, for 8 years Bush was the worst president ever and now it's been 6 years since Obama started being the worst president ever. -:)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
My choices are:

1. Jeb Bush

2. Ted Cruz (born in Calgary, Alberta) - maybe he can double as PM as well

3. Mike Huckabee

4. Paul Ryan

5. Carly Fiorina ( PLIF )

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Both Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina have announced their candidacy for POTUS as Republicans as of today. Carson was a renouned pediatric neurosurgeon, and Fiorina was former CEO of Hewlett Packard.

I saw some of Ben Carson's announcement and he strikes me as a very impressive candidate in terms of appearance and articulation. He's one of the few Republicans who supports stringent tariff protection for the U.S. to rebuild its industrial base.. the only thing that will work.

That's an anathema to the Free Market, Free Trade establishment of the Republican Party.. and it seems likely to doom his candidacy for an early demise.. even though he's bought into the hopeless flat tax and deregulatory aspects of the program. He opposes same sex marriage.. and seems to have no strong opinions on abortion.

Carly Fiorina is a pro life Republican, pro traditional marriage.. but largely in favour of the libertarian economic policies that is leading the U.S. to ruin.

I don't think the core of the Republican Party will trust people who have not held elected office (neither has).. to gauge their malleability to corporate and special interest moulds. Jeb Bush is under their thumb.. i don't think they trust anyone else. They don't really care about moral or social issues. . the prime directive of the Republican establishment is to protect the Global Free Market hegemony.

This is good reference sight of the candidates on the issues.

Ben Carson on the Issues

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Carly_Fiorina.htm

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Both Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina have announced their candidacy for POTUS as Republicans as of today. Carson was a renouned brain surgeon, and Fiorina was former CEO of Hewlett Packard.

I saw some of Ben Carson's announcement and he strikes me as a very impressive candidate in terms of appearance and articulation. He's one of the few Republicans who supports stringent tariff protection for the U.S. to rebuild its industrial base.. the only thing that will work.

That's an anathema to the Free Market, Free Trade establishment of the Republican Party.. and it seems likely to doom his candidacy for an early demise.. even though he's bought into the hopeless flat tax and deregulatory aspects of the program. He opposes same sex marriage.. and seems to have no strong opinions on abortion.

Carly Fiorina is a pro life Republican, pro traditional marriage.. but largely in favour of the libertarian economic policies that is leading the U.S. to ruin.

I don't think the core of the Republican Party will trust people who have not held elected office (neither has).. to gauge their malleability to corporate and special interest moulds. Jeb Bush is under their thumb.. i don't think they trust anyone else. They don't really care about moral or social issues. . the prime directive of the Republican establishment is to protect the Global Free Market hegemony.

This is good reference sight of the candidates on the issues.

Ben Carson on the Issues

Carly Fiorina on the Issues
Must be a difficult decision, figuring out which candidate you're ineligible to vote for.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Must be a difficult decision, figuring out which candidate you're ineligible to vote for.

You can't blame us for taking an interest. We've ended up taking the brunt, in economic terms, of the mind boggling ineptitude, corruption and incompetence of the U.S. Administrations of the last 45 years.

In fact our own have since Mulroney (+ Chretien + Harper) have been little more than obedient and grovelling toadies to U.S. imperial economic directives.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You can't blame us for taking an interest. We've ended up taking the brunt, in economic terms, of the mind boggling ineptitude, corruption and incompetence of the U.S. Administrations of the last 45 years. In fact our own have since Mulroney appeared to be little more than obedient poodles to U.S. imperial economic directives.
That's what you get for being testosterone-free lapdogs.

Given your stated position on stuff, I'd recommend that you not vote for Mike Huckabee. He probably won't run, but that's OK, coz you can't vote, so you may as well not vote for somebody that ain't running.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
That's what you get for being testosterone-free lapdogs.

Given your stated position on stuff, I'd recommend that you not vote for Mike Huckabee. He probably won't run, but that's OK, coz you can't vote, so you may as well not vote for somebody that ain't running.

Yep.. we've had nothing but neutered miniature toy poodles in office going back a long way.

There's nobody in the running that puts together pro life, pro family programs.. with dirigiste, progressive, nationalist, regulatory, non-monetarist economic policies.

I feel like i'm all alone at times... although occasionally i see viewpoints that see the natural harmony and synergy of these. They are always marginalized by the political and corporate establishment.

Last edited: