Seniors and the generation spending gap

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I don't think that's it. It's just the way democracy works. Tyranny of the majority, though not through any desire of the majority to be tyrannical. It would be the same for any generation.

I disagree. I think there is more of a willingness to live within our means with the younger generations. They have seen first hand the effects of deficits on their standard of living. They have been saddled with the debts created by the senior's generation from the late sixties to the nineties. I remember when Ralph began to slay the deficit dragon here in Alberta, the complaints from seniors groups were nonstop. One would have thought that life as we knew it would cease to exist and yet here we are....life in Alberta is pretty good.

Oh. it is always nice to blame our lives on someone else. The sheeple are baaaahhing at the fence again. Let's blame seniors because corporations sent all the jobs to China. Lets blame them because the government ran up dept to the World bank instead of using our own bank. Let's call them useless feeders and leave them in poverty for building this country so you can sit around and whine and complain about how easy it is to survive on $12 thousand a year.

Why no treat children the same way. They are useless feeders too. Man these Gen X's are a bunch of self centered d!ckheads. (ain't generalizations a biatch!)

Don't be silly Cliffy. Seniors today are the wealthiest generation Canada has ever seen. Pointing that out is not the same as blaming seniors. I don't "blame" seniors for my life. What's to blame? I have it very good.

No worries Cliffy, just one whining brat (who is able to spend summers on the golf course) while denigrating the rest of the people older than he is. I get a lot of enjoyment just "handing his sh*t back to him". -:)

lolz

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Don't be silly Cliffy. Seniors today are the wealthiest generation Canada has ever seen. Pointing that out is not the same as blaming seniors. I don't "blame" seniors for my life. What's to blame? I have it very good.
Well, I want my share. It is a real struggle to get by on CPP and OAS. I know very few who are wealthy or who are not struggling to get by.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, I want my share. It is a real struggle to get by on CPP and OAS. I know very few who are wealthy or who are not struggling to get by.

You got that right, Cliffy. We're spending $2 for a loaf of bread while the previous generation was spending 15 cents.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pointing that out is not the same as blaming seniors. I don't "blame" seniors for my life. What's to blame? I have it very good.

lolz

Ooooooooooooh your story is changing. When you tell the truth it's a lot easier to keep track of what you said. -:) YOU CAN'T SUCK AND BLOW AT THE SAME TIME!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
By your own admission you aren't. That would leave you lagging behind the rest of your generation. Too bad for you, you didn't make better choices. It's probably a bit humiliating I can only imagine.

lolz

I don't measure wealth by the almighty dollar.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I don't measure wealth by the almighty dollar.

Since the OP is referring to financial wealth and you are participating in the thread, your definition of wealth is kinda beside the point. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate your need to measure wealth in other ways given your lack of financial wealth. I to measure wealth in different ways than most but since this thread is about the "financial" wealth ( as opposed to spiritual or physical etc) I'll try to stick to the topic.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think the wisest thing to do would be to marry an old person then.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think the wisest thing to do would be to marry an old person then.

Personally maybe but what's in the best interest of the country is more important to than improving my personal wealth.....but then again, I'm not a senior so a tend not to be as selfish about these things

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
By the same token our generation (those born at the time of W.W.2 may have looked after our health more than the younger generation. We don't appear to be as obese of out of shape.

Umm, yes, your generation is in far worse shape than mine.

Health - Obesity / Indicators of Well-being in Canada