Employers can legally lie to employees

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Bon Marche is toast?
Never had it hereabouts. Every region has its own snotty department stores as well as the nationals and internationals. I'm kinda partial to the Ka De We in Berlin, myself.

Let's just say that Wellendorff jewellery has what you might call kinda an aphrodisiac effect on weemins. Or at least the sort of weemins I hang with.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Never had it hereabouts. Every region has its own snotty department stores as well as the nationals and internationals. I'm kinda partial to the Ka De We in Berlin, myself.

Let's just say that Wellendorff jewellery has what you might call kinda an aphrodisiac effect on weemins. Or at least the sort of weemins I hang with.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Since when don't they lie? We've all been lied to by employers (I'm sure) and we don't all live in Texas OR work for the Koch brothers.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My woman was pickled tink to be one of the first to wear a Canadian diamond. Thankfully one was enough.
As I look out over the vast landscape of quips, puns, snarky cultural references, and Dougie McKenzie jokes opened up by the concept of Candian diamonds. . .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Since when don't they lie? We've all been lied to by employers (I'm sure) and we don't all live in Texas OR work for the Koch brothers.

There is lying and outright lying. While evidently legal, I don't think it shows good character. But DuPont is not exactly known for its character so I guess not suprising.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When I was in the trade union our company boss said that after a big project we would all be going to different jobs and not to worry. The job was huge but was winding down and we were all looking to get to the life rafts before the end. He came in and eased our worries in a meeting.

One month later they brought the checks in at lunch and sent just about everyone to the hall.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The whole lot could been layed off and given the option to reapply with Koch.

They would have got a package that way.

I think they should all quit en-mass. I believe reduction in salary unilaterally constitutes breach of employment so even 2 weeks notice should not be required. Let the Koch's twist in the wind for a while.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They would have got a package that way.

I think they should all quit en-mass. I believe reduction in salary unilaterally constitutes breach of employment so even 2 weeks notice should not be required. Let the Koch's twist in the wind for a while.

They'd be hanging themselves. No US equivalent of EI if you quit.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In terms of this circumstance, you have not proven any fraud either.

.. But for your comfort, here are a few links to substantiate my premise:

Union Facts | Union Leader Fraud
No Cookies | Herald Sun
The facts presented in the OP support an allegation of fraud. Always assuming the OP is correct, the company did knowingly lie to the employees, did so with the intention of being believed, the employees did believe the company, and their reliance on the company's lie was to their detriment.

Those are the elements of fraud.