New survey reconfirms overwhelming scientific consensus on AGW

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Either you believe the theories or you don't. There is no left/right dichotomy. Definitive answers to varying climate and varying atmospheric composition are still elusive

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A little cool today here today in Whitby, guess that means the global warming trend is bunk.
Whitby isn't that right on the edge of Algonquin Park ? Yikes the worst mosquitoes I saw in all Ontario . You don't need any global warming there .

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Whitby isn't that right on the edge of Algonquin Park ? Yikes the worst mosquitoes I saw in all Ontario . You don't need any global warming there .

Park is a few hours away. Went camping there a few times.

Don't go in May, Mosquitos are brutal.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Just tell me.

Don't ask a question with a question.

I'll give you some time to give me well thought out answer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You know the answer is "yes there is permanent polar ice and at altitude".

If there weren't we wouldn't be in an ice age for the last 2,500,000 years.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
LOL?

The best you have eh.

That's like saying it's still raining with a rainbow behind you.

So much for a well thought out answer, just more insane gibber gabber from farmer brown very much alone in his combine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You can't be THAT f-cking stupid can you?

If permanent ice wasn't an obvious clue.....

An ice age is a period of long-term reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental and polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within a long-term ice age, individual pulses of cold climate are termed "glacial periods" (or alternatively "glacials" or "glaciations" or colloquially as "ice age"), and intermittent warm periods are called "interglacials". Glaciologically, ice age implies the presence of extensive ice sheets in the northern and southern hemispheres.[1] By this definition, we are in an interglacial period - the holocene, of the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene epoch, because the Greenland, Arctic, and Antarctic ice sheets still exist.[2]

Ice age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
CO2 is increasing, and a significant portion of that increase is due to anthrpogenic emissions and anthropogenic land use.
CO2 is a greenhouse gas that captures spacebound infrared photons and and then re-emits them in a random direction, resulting in near-surface warming.
The temperature of the planet has increased around 0.7 deg on average in the last 100 years or so.

As for anti-human, some would say that ignoring the impact that global warming will have on future generations is anti-human too.

I don't believe any of that.

I don't trust system of measurements of validity of data provided. It's all been skewed or just made up to support the case.

At best, even if weren't concocted, the comparative data goes back no more than 50 years of systematic climate research. There is nothing to compare it to over a relevant period of climactic cycles.

AGW is still based ONLY on projective models, with only one independent variable.. Carbon.. this with the most complex system on Earth. These have NEVER accurately predicted anything.

As for the SOLUTION to AGW.. it is the real threat to humanity. It is driven by the radical environmentalist agenda which at its CORE sees the only solution to the 'saving the planet' as Depopulation.. preferably to perhaps 10% of its current level.. all properly limited to Environmental Pagan Purists.

Last edited: