Sun, Moon, Jesus!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and it bothers you enough to post a thread on it because.........................................................................

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Because he doesn't know how the Hebrew holidays work and that the moon has been used as a calendar for hundreds of thousands of years.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
you don't need to calculate the date of birth or death of John A Mcdonald, the first Canadian prime minister or other historical people

You didn't answer my question, I'm interested in the answer.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I do not believe the calendar we are using now existed at that time so the exact date being missing is not that hard to believe. And lunar calendar's float all over the place. The Jewish calendar is/was a lunar one but they lock it with the solar calendar to keep their holiday's roughly the same time each year. The Muslims use a pure lunar calendar which is why Ramadan moves around every year. The crucifixion is tied to the Jewish Passover so that is why it is somewhat variable.

However, if you go backwards and figure out which year he died in, you should be able to figure out when Passover was that year and get an exact date if that's what floats your boat. The video in the OP seemed to be another 'look at me, I'm an atheist and this is why your religion sucks' type video.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
you don't need to calculate the date of birth or death of John A Mcdonald, the first Canadian prime minister or other historical people

Oh well hey lets stop having Easter then. I mean THAT is a great reason Shinto. And your example... RIVETING!

And wait... the summer and winter solstices... they need to be calculated. Get rid of them!

Let's stop having Thanksgiving on the 3rd Thursday of November as well because it isn't set on a numerical date.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
It is a lucky coincidence that the pagan celebration of Spring (Goddess Eostre et al.) and the Jewish Passover are at the same time. However, Easter hams seem a little blasphemous.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
It is a lucky coincidence that the pagan celebration of Spring (Goddess Eostre et al.) and the Jewish Passover are at the same time. However, Easter hams seem a little blasphemous.

If you follow the Jewish Dietary Laws, then Ham would not be allowed. But, that was quickly discarded, when the Apostles decided that 1) You did not have to be Jewish to become a Christian and 2) For those that were NOT Jews, the Jewish rules did not apply to them.

This was done in the First Century A.D.