Global Warming Responsible for Epidemic of Rail Disasters?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It should be apparent to even the most casual observer that there has been a recent string of railroad disasters that cannot simply be written off as coincidence. Three major accidents in Spain, Pakistan, and Switzerland have occurred within the past week alone.

Based on our exhaustive research, we have found that rail disasters1 have skyrocketed since 1960, forming a "hockey-stick" type of pattern. This pattern mirrors almost exactly the famous "hockey-stick" graph of global temperature developed by Dr. Michael Mann and introduced to the world in Albert Gore's highly-acclaimed documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth".

As shown in the graph below, in a comparison of atmospheric carbon dioxide to rail accidents, it becomes obvious based on the graph's title that the steady increase of manmade CO2 emissions is somehow related to the exponential increase in rail accidents.

read on

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/08/m-global_warming_responsible_for_epidemic_of_rail_disasters.html

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's creepy how exactly parallel those graphs are to one another.

The evidence is there gentlemen (and ladies), I can't imagine what more is required to keep proving over and over that global warming is solely responsible for these travesties... I shudder to think of how many more unnecessary train wrecks are needed before we understand that a tax is the only solution.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Greed is what caused the accidents. All that above proves is that a any excuse no matter how poor is better than none. Climate change is nothing new, it has been going on since the beginning of earth.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Propaganda from the rail companies perhaps. The reason for more train problems
is the same as always lack of maintenance and cutting corners. Global warming is
now blamed for everything. Look to the weather channel they have a maximum
and minimum temp in most cases the record for hotter weather day after day goes
back a few decades.
I think in the natural cycle of things we are going to face more drought like we did in
the thirties but that is not global warming its following a weather pattern. All this
doom and gloom is designed to spark higher prices for everything while we are
constantly afraid of everything. Its nonsense in fact this nonsense is becoming more
popular than religion it is a religion now. I am a non believer

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
How about we start a separate section on these forums called UN/IPCC - that will segue very nicely into the jokes area
I bet it wasn't the UN or IPCC that concocted this mass of comedy.

;-) Hell, if logical had anything to do with railroads, they'd still be burning coal
And using steam power which is only limited to the durability of the machinery.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
If nobody clicked the link, I think the article was called:

'How to recognise different types of climate from quite a long way away'

"Nudge, nudge. Wink wink. Say no more".