Moving from Vancouver to Red Deer

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
After visiting family in Lacombe, and finding out there is no provincial sales tax in AB, gas is cheaper and generally purchasing a home is also cheaper, I have decided to move to AB in the spring.

I'm 28, no kids or boyfriend. I am a certified dental assistant and I make $20 an hour here in Van, and can make about $25 in Red Deer.

My question to all you Albertans is....Is Alberta better? Or am I totally seeing a mirage of cheap gas and less tax.

I would move to Red Deer if an opportunity arose. The only drawback you may find is that women outnumber men significantly in Red Deer (at least it did in the past) so if you're single you might find it difficult.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The organic fed rats are going to take over.

If I were to move to AB it would be to Canmore.

Canmore will cost you a small fortune to rent... However, that being the case, that town is a little tiny slice of heaven

Red Deer a whole lot of rednecks there.

Yes... We make sure that this myth is perpetuated in order to keep the liberal weenies where they belong and far outside the province

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Yes... We make sure that this myth is perpetuated in order to keep the liberal weenies where they belong and far outside the province

prairieboy

Nov 13, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Why when the coastline will be raised and shifted north by around 9m?

Almost happened today. As for moving to Red Deer. It is growing fast. Many of the oilfield services are located there. It has Red Deer College.
As for the Taxes, we need to start charging a PST. All these new areas need new schools, roads, hospitals, etc. Seems like Everyone wants it now. The oil companies threaten albertans if the government talks about increased royalties. So where is the $$$ suppose to come from?

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
As for the Taxes, we need to start charging a PST. All these new areas need new schools, roads, hospitals, etc. Seems like Everyone wants it now. The oil companies threaten albertans if the government talks about increased royalties. So where is the $$$ suppose to come from?

wow, just wow.. one of the reasons that make Alberta a draw is low unemployment and no PST.

Not sure which province you arrived from, but with talk like that.. don't let the door hit you in the ass when you move back if you miss paying PST so much.. :lol:

oh yeah, and we have the hottest girls in Canada.. that love horse back riding and sports.. ;)

Last edited:

prairieboy

Nov 13, 2005
Edmonton, AB
wow, just wow.. one of the reasons that make Alberta a draw is low unemployment and no PST.

Not sure which province you arrived from, but with talk like that.. don't let the door hit you in the ass when you move back if you miss paying PST so much.. :lol:

oh yeah, and we have the hottest girls in Canada.. that love horse back riding and sports.. ;)

Albertan from day one dude. Everyone wants to much. The $$ cash pie is only so big. Albertans at one time were conservative in there needs. Now seems like everyone wants every amenity possible. How do we pay for this? You bring in a PST, or hold Industry over a Barrel for more Royalty $$$.
I agree with you on the women, married one twenty years ago.