Jewish Man Arrested For Bringing Dog To Anti-Israel Al-Quds Rally

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Really- Anti Smitic - Jewish rants - Hezbollag flags - and what is Hezbollah's mandate???- Just being subjective ya know.

EAO- Everything i stated happened at the last Al-Quds day at the Legislature grounds in Ontario. So put up a point.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Content is irrelevant, this is an actions thing. It's simple. Don't bring a potential weapon to a protest and you won't get arrested.
Bullsh!t.

Dogs are not considered weapons in the criminal code. The dog has to act as a weapon, or be used as a weapon, prior to a charge of aggravated assault or assault with a weapon, can be laid.

The only thing listed as a weapon specifically in the CCoC, is a firearm.

“weapon”« arme »
“weapon” means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use

• (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or
  • (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm;
CanLII - Criminal Code, RSC 1985, c C-46

By your ridiculous definition, carrying a broom is an automatic indictable offense.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bullsh!t.

Dogs are not considered weapons in the criminal code. The dog has to act as a weapon, or be used as a weapon, prior to a charge of aggravated assault or assault with a weapon, can be laid.

The only thing listed as a weapon specifically in the CCoC, is a firearm.

“weapon”« arme »
“weapon” means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use

• (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or
  • (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm;
CanLII - Criminal Code, RSC 1985, c C-46

By your ridiculous definition, carrying a broom is an automatic indictable offense.
Yup if you bring a broom to a protest....where no sweeping is happening.

What do you think they mean by ANY THING?

Just firearms?

"Weapon means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm."

I won't call you a Bull****ter, just blind.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yup if you bring a broom to a protest....where no sweeping is happening.
What utter bullsh!t.

A broom would have to be used in a menacing way, or a threat made, or an actual assault made for it to be considered a weapon.

Your logic is absurd.

I won't call you a Bull****ter, just blind.
LOL, that would make you a blind bullsh!tter.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
(b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
What other purpose does one bring a broom to a protest for? Sweeping up afterwards?

For example, in R v James, Judge Porter of the Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador wrote:
"Edward Richard James is charged with having assaulted all five fisheries officers with a weapon, to wit, a motor vessel. These offences are alleged to have been committed when he is alleged to have deliberately struck the two FRC with his own motor vessel. Fisheries officer Miller said that Edward Richard James came in, stern on, towards the Harbour Breton FRC and rammed it so hard that the officer had a concern that the rubber pontoon of the FRC might be cut. Fisheries officer Walsh also described Edward Richard James as having rammed the Harbour Breton FRC, and then having rammed into the port side of the Marystown FRC....

"A weapon can be anything put to the purpose of threatening or intimidating a person. Examples of things being found to be a weapon include, but are not limited to: a knife, a dog, a beer bottle and a car."

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What other purpose does one bring a broom to a protest for? Sweeping up afterwards?
Picket signs.

If your logic wasn't absurd, picketers would all be criminals.

"A weapon can be anything put to the purpose of threatening or intimidating a person. Examples of things being found to be a weapon include, but are not limited to: a knife, a dog, a beer bottle and a car."
I love it when you prove me right...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Picket signs.

If your logic wasn't absurd, picketers would all be criminals.

Pickets can be weapons too. That's why the legal definition YOU posted says "ANY THING used.."

Is that Newfoundland Judge a blind bull****ter for saying a dog IS a weapon?

a 165lb dog isn't at all intimidating is it?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Here, highlighted the portion, that is exactly what I said.

Again, thanks for proving me right.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A trip through la la land....

I just happened to be walking my 165lb dog when a protest broke out and I just happened to get in an argument. Nobody found my dog inmidating at all. Not even the cops, they didn't even bother to arrest me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The kernel of truth that a guy intenionally took a 165lb dog to protest where he got into an altercation? Do you think they would have taken away his broom during an altercation at a protest in a public park?

Why did he bring the 165lb dog in the first place?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The kernel of truth that a guy intenionally took a 165lb dog to protest where he got into an altercation? Do you think they would have taken away his broom during an altercation at a protest in a public park?

Because of the following

The Al Quds rally as demonstrated last year was a hate fest

That Muslims have a strong dislike for dogs as they consider them unclean

Next- the police did what they should have done - if it was a White pride they would separate the 2 groups.

I support his action- Next year 1000 dogs on leashes.

He was demonstrating peacefully

That is my opinion.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Irrelevant, he never...

"A weapon can be anything put to the purpose of threatening or intimidating a person.

Any claims that he did, are 100% pure conjecture.

In other words, bullsh!t.