Israel Warns Neighbors Over March To Jerusalem

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
So, one person killed. I would say that the IDF showed considerable restraint. Would you not agree?
I would say that Israeli soldiers showed more restraint than usual as the the number of dead and injured this week was lower than a typical week.

This Week in Palestine: week 13 2012
This Week in Palestine week 13 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

...100 civilians were injured when Israeli troops attacked protesters in Ramallah and Bethlehem cities.... people marched from Ramallah city, central West Bank, towards Qalandiya checkpoint that is separating Ramallah from Jerusalem. Troops fired tear gas and sound bombs then later used rubber-coated steel bullets. 80 Palestinians were injured. Witnesses told IMEMC that among those injured were two Palestinian medic...In Bethlehem 20 residents were injured, seven were moved to hospitals, when soldiers fired tear gas and sound bombs at land day protesters. Among those injured in Bethlehem was an American activist who was hit with a tear gas canister in his head...

...villagers in central and southern West Bank organized their weekly anti wall (non-violent) protests. Protests were organized in the villages of Bil’in, Nil’in, and Nabi Saleh, central West Bank and Al Ma’ssara, in the south. Many were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation fired by Israeli soldiers....

...This week the Israeli military conducted at least 65 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 19 Palestinian civilians, including a child, settlers attacks were also reported while Gaza ambulance cars stopped working due to fuel shortage....

...The Gaza Strip has been suffering a fuel crisis for two months as a result of Egypt and Israel preventing it from reaching the coastal enclave. Due to fuel shortages Gaza residents face 13 hours of power cuts a day while Gaza based hospitals are warning of their inability to provide services...

...Palestinian political prisoner Hana Shalabi has agreed to end her hunger strike after 43 days when Israeli officials agreed to release her from prison on Friday. But her release will not be to her home in the West Bank, but to the Gaza Strip, where she will be forced to live for three years before she can return home...

...Settlers attacks this week targeting West Bank farmers increased. Two farmers were injured by the settler attacks this week. A Palestinian farmer was injured when Israeli armed settlers attacked a group of farmers near the northern West Bank city of Nablus on Monday. On Sunday one resident was injured after being attacked by a group of fundamentalist Israeli settlers near Yatta,...

Yes I would agree last weeks violence was restrained in comparison to the normal level of violence directed at Palestinians. Judge for yourself the news that didn't make the news:

(Last) Week in Palestine week: 12 2012
...Soldiers stopped the villagers along with their international and Israeli supporters at the village entrance and attacked them using rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas. The military also used chemical water as well to force people back into the village. Two 16 year old boys from the village were hit with rubber-coated steel bullets, one in the face... Soldiers stormed The media office of the Nonviolent Resistance Committee in Nabi Saleh and confiscated a computer, in addition to confiscating three computers from the home of Basem At-Tamimi, who is currently in an Israeli prison for his nonviolent activities against the Wall and settlements... the Israeli military conducted at least 56 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank this week. During which they arrested 8 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children....Ash-Shalabi was released last October during the Egyptian mediated swap deal between Israel and Palestinian groups. She was rearrested last month, along with 6 others who had also been released in the deal....15 Palestinian political detainees were injured on Thursday at the military detention facility of Jalbua. Troops stormed prisoners’ rooms to force a DNA test.... a 6-year-old child, was wounded by a bullet to the right thigh when his home at the southern Gaza borders with Israel came under Israeli military fire....
This Week in Palestine week 12 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

(The Week Before) in Palestine: week 11 2012

...eight were injured, one seriously. Many were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation when Israeli soldiers attacked anti wall protests in a number of West Bank villages...(Non-violent) Protests were organized in the central West Bank villages of Bil’in, Nil’in and al Nabi Saleh. Eight protesters including one international supporter were injured by Israeli fire at a protest in the village of al Nabi Saleh. The international activist was seriously injured when she was hit with many rubber-coated steel bullets fired by Israeli troops....Troops attacked the march before they even left the village. Soldiers invaded the villages and fired tear gas into people’s homes;...Troops stopped protesters at the village entrance before they reached lands owned by local farmers but which Israel confiscated to build the wall on. Later troops forced people back into the village using rifle-butts...The latest Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip which left over a dozen Palestinian dead and others wounded...Despite continued sporadic exchanges of fire between the two sides, the level of violence has dropped for the past few days. None of the Palestinian groups in Gaza has claimed responsibility for the attacks launched since the ceasefire was announced....Egypt mediated a truce deal between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza ending five days of fighting. The Israeli attacks left 26 people dead and about 80 others injured, mostly women and children.....
This Week in Palestine week 11 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

(The Week Before that) in Palestine week:10 2012
...A twenty-two year old man was killed and a teenager injured in the West Bank on Thursday, as Israeli troops conducted raids on the village of Yatta. Israel’s goal was to re-arrest Khalied Makhamreh a former political prisoner released during a prisoner swap last October... two Palestinian children were killed five others injured on Tuesday afternoon when an Israeli military bomb detonated near them, local sources reported. Local sources said that the explosion took place at a farm land east of Hebron city. Palestinian police said that bomb was a left over by the Israeli military.... on Monday 19 year old Mohamed Abu Awad, was critically injured by Israeli troops when they opened fire at a group of Palestinian youths conducting a commemoration protest near the central West Bank city of Ramallah.... this week alone the Israeli military conducted at least 71 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 40 Palestinian civilians, including 13 children...
This Week in Palestine week 10 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think when a poster personally attacks another poster because of what they believe, the reasons behind that automatically become part of the issue.
Yet you cry (Selectively) when others do just that.

Why do you feel you need to attack others personally instead of attacking their ideas?

I blame your hypocrisy, which of course is likely caused by your admitted stupidity.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
EAO - You claim that I have not condemned Israeli War Crimes is utter BS.
Care to have your ass handed to you again. I can. But a retraction of your comment would be expected, without any qualifiers.
Game on - Game off -
Over to you Bucky.
Bump

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Question to hard for you Jimmy?

Would you like to see some quotes, where you attack others, instead of their ideas?

Or are you more interested in pretending to be a forum cop? Do you dress up in a little cop uniform before you come out to play? I know you have a pretty intense uniform fetish.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
When our news reports that "Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks followed a period of relative calm", they aren't referring to the Palestinian experience. In the last 45 years, I don't think Palestinians have ever experienced a month without multiple violent lethal attacks, illegal land annexations and home demolitions. While I would agree that the majority of Israel attacks against Palestinians appear to be focused on militant targets ( I am neutral on these attacks), they also go after political leaders, organizers of non-violent protests and members of their families (war crimes). Then there are the Israeli attacks against Palestinian infrastructure (water sewage power...), the sole purpose is collectively punish millions of civilians (war crimes).

This conflict's violence makes our news occasionally, but Palestinians experience violence, injustice and oppression on a daily basis.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
When our news reports that "Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks followed a period of relative calm", they aren't referring to the Palestinian experience. In the last 45 years, I don't think Palestinians have ever experienced a month without multiple violent lethal attacks, illegal land annexations and home demolitions. While I would agree that the majority of Israel attacks against Palestinians appear to be focused somewhat on militant targets, they also go after political leaders, organizers of non-violent protests and members of their families. Then there are the Israeli attacks against Palestinian infrastructure (water sewage power...), the sole purpose is collectively punish millions of civilians.
This conflict's violence makes our news occasionally, but Palestinians experience violence, injustice and oppression on a daily basis.
Care to have your ass handed to you again. I can. But a retraction of your comment would be expected, without any qualifiers.
Game on - Game off -
Over to you Bucky.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I wonder why Jimmy isn't chasing EAO around and attacking EAO about that.

Must have something to do with the fact that we've upset him, by pointing out his childishness, hypocrisy, inconsistency, and his admitted stupidity, and this is his childish way of trying to seek revenge.

I blame his admitted stupidity for why he places so much importance in net forums.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So, you are saying that AFTER the protesters turned violent, the IDF used non lethal force to break up those violent protests.... is that right? Kudos to the IDF.
Denialruns strong in you, did you not hear the warning that they would open fire even on 'peaceful protestors'? And that is just what they did before any violence took place.

I guess we can stop the horse**** condemnation of any nation using violence as a credible way to end any/all protests. I would imagine that 'morality' of yours allows protesters in Syria to kill soldiers and police and condemn the soldiers when they fire back. lol Can't get much more hypocrite than that.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Denialruns strong in you, did you not hear the warning that they would open fire even on 'peaceful protestors'? And that is just what they did before any violence took place.

I guess we can stop the horse**** condemnation of any nation using violence as a credible way to end any/all protests. I would imagine that 'morality' of yours allows protesters in Syria to kill soldiers and police and condemn the soldiers when they fire back. lol Can't get much more hypocrite than that.
All countries have the right to defend their borders. Even with deadly force.

Israel seems to be the only nation that isn't allowed to do that, according to the usual suspects.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So, you are saying that AFTER the protesters turned violent, the IDF used non lethal force to break up those violent protests.... is that right? Kudos to the IDF.

I guess we can stop the horse**** condemnation of any nation using violence as a credible way to end any/all protests. I would imagine that 'morality' of yours allows protesters in Syria to kill soldiers and police and condemn the soldiers when they fire back. lol Can't be much more of a hypocrite than that.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I would say that Israeli soldiers showed more restraint than usual as the the number of dead and injured this week was lower than a typical week.

More restraint than usual - care to explain that - comes across as IDF regularly go on shooting sprees just for the hell of it

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I wonder why Jimmy isn't chasing EAO around and attacking EAO about that.

Why would I "chase" EAO around and attack him for that. I don't really care what the Joo-hater thinks. I'm just intrigued at how similar he and Goober are.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why would I "chase" EAO around and attack him for that. I don't really care what the Joo-hater thinks. I'm just intrigued at how similar he and Goober are.

Not likely -but you and EAO are the same Bear, myself plus many other have taken you both of you to school and yet you fail to gain knowledge. Keep coming back for more.

And EAO left your ass hanging in the wind.

Why he accused me of the same thing - I offered up the same challenge again - But both of you suffer from knowitallitis and cannot admit when you are gravely mistaken.

As I mentioned previously - a serious fixation is a sign of stability issues.

Now give me another Red.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
More restraint than usual - care to explain that - comes across as IDF regularly go on shooting sprees just for the hell of it

IDF soldiers can and do kill Palestinians for kicks. This report gives two examples

"Don’t worry - it’s just another Palestinian child’s death"
On 18 March 2006, I visited a grieving family in Al Yamun, a town in the northern West Bank. Their 7-year old daughter had been murdered the night previously by Israeli Border Police, who had entered the town to arrest “wanted” Palestinian militants in a raid led by Israeli Defence Forces (IDF). Her name was Akaber Adbelrahman Zaid and she was on her way to a doctor’s clinic to have stitches removed from her chin. Instead she received a barrage of bullets to the head, when an undercover Border Police unit opened fire on the car in which she was travelling with her uncle.

An IDF spokesperson said the police had thought that the wanted militants were trying to escape in the car and thus fired shots at the wheels as a deterrent. Akaber’s uncle said it was obvious that the only people in the car were himself and a small child, adding that the policemen had fired at close range. A Ha’aretz reporter inspected the car afterwards and found that all four tyres were still intact. For a specially trained unit of sharpshooters to fire at the wheels of a vehicle from a short distance and miss their target completely seems a little dubious...

...attempts have been made to put IDF officers on trial in the past, but not only do most of these fail; the verdict usually serves up a further slap in the face for the victim too. Just five days after Akaber’s murder, Ha’aretz reported that Captain “R”, a Givati Brigade soldier in the IDF, would be awarded 80,000 NIS in compensation from the State of Israel, after being acquitted of a five-count indictment against him related to the killing of Iman Al Hems, a 13-year old Gaza schoolgirl. Iman had been shot by the IDF in October 2004, when she came in the vicinity of their outpost. Captain “R” had then approached Iman, who was already lying injured on the ground and had shot her at point blank range. Transcripts of radio exchange between the soldiers during the incident revealed that Captain “R” stated he did this, “to confirm the kill”.

Contradicting himself in court, Captain “R” said he opened fire, not directly aiming at Iman, in order to create deterrence, and that he believed that the young girl posed a serious threat. How mentally disturbed and/or cowardly must an Israeli captain be to feel scared of an unarmed 13-year old schoolgirl, who was already lying wounded and helpless on the ground?....

Don't Worry -* It's Just Another Palestinian Child's Death

This IDF Reservist can explain what I meant by "more restraint than usual" regarding the casual killing of innocent unarmed civilians by "some" IDF soldiers.

Why Every Jewish Soldier Should Refuse - Gush Shalom - Israeli Peace Bloc

Just because IDF soldiers and Jewish settlers can kill Palestinians with impunity, that doesn't man they all do this. But if you are a cold blooded killer and want to gun down innocent people including children in cold blood without fear of serious consequences, then becoming a settler or joining the IDF could be for you.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
IDF soldiers can and do kill Palestinians for kicks. This report gives two examples
"Don’t worry - it’s.

You stated that I have not condemned Israeli War Crimes - Do you still stand by that or do you retract this false statement

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How mentally disturbed and/or cowardly must an Israeli captain be to feel scared of an unarmed 13-year old schoolgirl, who was already lying wounded and helpless on the ground?....
Not quite as mentally disturbed as...

Child suicide bombers in the Israeli
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12595.htm
But if you are a cold blooded killer and want to gun down innocent people including children in cold blood without fear of serious consequences, then becoming a settler or joining the IDF could be for you.
Oh you'll be getting a neg from our new self appointed forum cop for that.

You stated that I have not condemned Israeli War Crimes - Do you still stand by that or do you retract this false statement
Why am I not surprised the new self appointed forum cop hasn't taken EAO to task for that.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

This Week in Palestine: week 13 2012
This Week in Palestine week 13 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

...100 civilians were injured when Israeli troops attacked protesters in Ramallah and Bethlehem cities.... people marched from Ramallah city, central West Bank, towards Qalandiya checkpoint that is separating Ramallah from Jerusalem. Troops fired tear gas and sound bombs then later used rubber-coated steel bullets. 80 Palestinians were injured. Witnesses told IMEMC that among those injured were two Palestinian medic...In Bethlehem 20 residents were injured, seven were moved to hospitals, when soldiers fired tear gas and sound bombs at land day protesters. Among those injured in Bethlehem was an American activist who was hit with a tear gas canister in his head...

...villagers in central and southern West Bank organized their weekly anti wall (non-violent) protests. Protests were organized in the villages of Bil’in, Nil’in, and Nabi Saleh, central West Bank and Al Ma’ssara, in the south. Many were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation fired by Israeli soldiers....

...This week the Israeli military conducted at least 65 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 19 Palestinian civilians, including a child, settlers attacks were also reported while Gaza ambulance cars stopped working due to fuel shortage....

...The Gaza Strip has been suffering a fuel crisis for two months as a result of Egypt and Israel preventing it from reaching the coastal enclave. Due to fuel shortages Gaza residents face 13 hours of power cuts a day while Gaza based hospitals are warning of their inability to provide services...

...Palestinian political prisoner Hana Shalabi has agreed to end her hunger strike after 43 days when Israeli officials agreed to release her from prison on Friday. But her release will not be to her home in the West Bank, but to the Gaza Strip, where she will be forced to live for three years before she can return home...

...Settlers attacks this week targeting West Bank farmers increased. Two farmers were injured by the settler attacks this week. A Palestinian farmer was injured when Israeli armed settlers attacked a group of farmers near the northern West Bank city of Nablus on Monday. On Sunday one resident was injured after being attacked by a group of fundamentalist Israeli settlers near Yatta,...

Yes I would agree last weeks violence was restrained in comparison to the normal level of violence directed at Palestinians. Judge for yourself the news that didn't make the news:

(Last) Week in Palestine week: 12 2012
...Soldiers stopped the villagers along with their international and Israeli supporters at the village entrance and attacked them using rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas. The military also used chemical water as well to force people back into the village. Two 16 year old boys from the village were hit with rubber-coated steel bullets, one in the face... Soldiers stormed The media office of the Nonviolent Resistance Committee in Nabi Saleh and confiscated a computer, in addition to confiscating three computers from the home of Basem At-Tamimi, who is currently in an Israeli prison for his nonviolent activities against the Wall and settlements... the Israeli military conducted at least 56 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank this week. During which they arrested 8 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children....Ash-Shalabi was released last October during the Egyptian mediated swap deal between Israel and Palestinian groups. She was rearrested last month, along with 6 others who had also been released in the deal....15 Palestinian political detainees were injured on Thursday at the military detention facility of Jalbua. Troops stormed prisoners’ rooms to force a DNA test.... a 6-year-old child, was wounded by a bullet to the right thigh when his home at the southern Gaza borders with Israel came under Israeli military fire....
This Week in Palestine week 12 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

(The Week Before) in Palestine: week 11 2012

...eight were injured, one seriously. Many were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation when Israeli soldiers attacked anti wall protests in a number of West Bank villages...(Non-violent) Protests were organized in the central West Bank villages of Bil’in, Nil’in and al Nabi Saleh. Eight protesters including one international supporter were injured by Israeli fire at a protest in the village of al Nabi Saleh. The international activist was seriously injured when she was hit with many rubber-coated steel bullets fired by Israeli troops....Troops attacked the march before they even left the village. Soldiers invaded the villages and fired tear gas into people’s homes;...Troops stopped protesters at the village entrance before they reached lands owned by local farmers but which Israel confiscated to build the wall on. Later troops forced people back into the village using rifle-butts...The latest Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip which left over a dozen Palestinian dead and others wounded...Despite continued sporadic exchanges of fire between the two sides, the level of violence has dropped for the past few days. None of the Palestinian groups in Gaza has claimed responsibility for the attacks launched since the ceasefire was announced....Egypt mediated a truce deal between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza ending five days of fighting. The Israeli attacks left 26 people dead and about 80 others injured, mostly women and children.....
This Week in Palestine week 11 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

(The Week Before that) in Palestine week:10 2012
...A twenty-two year old man was killed and a teenager injured in the West Bank on Thursday, as Israeli troops conducted raids on the village of Yatta. Israel’s goal was to re-arrest Khalied Makhamreh a former political prisoner released during a prisoner swap last October... two Palestinian children were killed five others injured on Tuesday afternoon when an Israeli military bomb detonated near them, local sources reported. Local sources said that the explosion took place at a farm land east of Hebron city. Palestinian police said that bomb was a left over by the Israeli military.... on Monday 19 year old Mohamed Abu Awad, was critically injured by Israeli troops when they opened fire at a group of Palestinian youths conducting a commemoration protest near the central West Bank city of Ramallah.... this week alone the Israeli military conducted at least 71 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 40 Palestinian civilians, including 13 children...
This Week in Palestine week 10 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

How sad that you can't just admit that the IDF showed and used considerable constraint these last few days. How sad that you give a backhanded acknowledgement just to use that to propagate more of your one sided bullshyte. Using IMEMC as a sourse is like colpy using the religionofpeace web site as a source against Muslims.

This, once again, puts lie to your continued proselytizing that you are open minded and neutral with the ME situation.

Tell me, what "justice" have those that have been responsible for Israeli children's deaths been brought to?