U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
and your point is what? That it's "OK" then? and you're right, having formerly been in the military, your hands are bloody.

My point is to those that think they are perfect and angelic... wake up and smell the cordite... their hands are bloody too.

Did I say it was "OK"? Such a simple mind you have.

Oh hell yeah Gerry. I was in the infantry as well! Proud of it too Canuckie!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
and, of course, they all tell their mother-in-laws EVERYTHING they legally can about what they do...right goob? That's a "well known fact"...right goob?

No they tell the MOIL as little as possible - They can only talk when they have orders in writing from their wife.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No they tell the MOIL as little as possible - They can only talk when they have orders in writing from their wife.

Make up your mind goob, either Adriane should know all this crap about her son-in-law or she shouldn't..... which is it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I made up my mind - My reply was sarcasm. Did you miss that?

Then you figure he will be telling his mil everything then... is that what you did? Personally, I tell my MIL very little... none of her damn business.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Then you figure he will be telling his mil everything then... is that what you did? Personally, I tell my MIL very little... none of her damn business.

Gerry - You are right - I do not know Jack Shxt

I have met Bullshxt and Making up Shxt as they are both related to each other. I have also met Causing Shxt, Raising Shxt and Stirring Shxt, they are all related to each other as well.

But Jack Shxt does not know me and I admit to not knowing Jack Shxt.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry - You are right - I do not know Jack Shxt

I have met Bullshxt and Making up Shxt as they are both related to each other. I have also met Causing Shxt, Raising Shxt and Stirring Shxt, they are all related to each other as well.

But Jack Shxt does not know me and I admit to not knowing Jack Shxt.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

I already know all of that..... had that figured out quite some time ago.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Gerry, you're quite right. I know very little about the young man I mentioned upthread. There was a time when I asked my daughter many questions about him, but I never really sat him down and gave him the third degree about his life and job. When I understood that I wasn't really allowed to know anything about what he did until after it was done, and that even then only limited information could be given, I pretty much respected that and left it in his hands to tell me what he wanted. I don't know what "trade" he is in, but I do know that he attended university, that he loves his job and that he compartamentalizes his life.

The man that went on a murderous rampage in Afghanistan strikes me as an everyday criminal, no different than Russell Williams. Thankfully the Canadian government didn't pamper Williams when he was arrested for his activities, even though he was a military man, and hopefully the US government won't pamper their mass murdering man that is a disgrace those that wear a uniform. The US military would be wise to quickly distance themselves from their mass murderer rather than attempt to justify his behavior as being beyond his control (eg: bumped his head, got drunk, had a sad marriage, etc.). Imagine the outrage Canadians would have had if the Canadian military had said poor little Russell Williams, the pressures of his job in the military, his physical injuries and pain medication made him go nuts and attack civilians using all of his military skills. At least the Canadians stripped him of his rank, destroyed all historic documents related to him, burned his uniform and did everything they could to wipe his existence from the face of the earth.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Gerry, you're quite right. I know very little about the young man I mentioned upthread. There was a time when I asked my daughter many questions about him, but I never really sat him down and gave him the third degree about his life and job. When I understood that I wasn't really allowed to know anything about what he did until after it was done, and that even then only limited information could be given, I pretty much respected that and left it in his hands to tell me what he wanted. I don't know what "trade" he is in, but I do know that he attended university, that he loves his job and that he compartamentalizes his life.

The man that went on a murderous rampage in Afghanistan strikes me as an everyday criminal, no different than Russell Williams. Thankfully the Canadian government didn't pamper Williams when he was arrested for his activities, even though he was a military man, and hopefully the US government won't pamper their mass murdering man that is a disgrace those that wear a uniform. The US military would be wise to quickly distance themselves from their mass murderer rather than attempt to justify his behavior as being beyond his control (eg: bumped his head, got drunk, had a sad marriage, etc.). Imagine the outrage Canadians would have had if the Canadian military had said poor little Russell Williams, the pressures of his job in the military, his physical injuries and pain medication made him go nuts and attack civilians using all of his military skills. At least the Canadians stripped him of his rank, destroyed all historic documents related to him, burned his uniform and did everything they could to wipe his existence from the face of the earth.

Where did the US Govt try to make excuses?

Your opinion of how the Military acts in these cases demonstrates a clear inability of the reality of how cases are investigated.

But then again, you are the Judge ,Jury and Executioner.

Thnakfully we have a Justice system to protect us from the Lynch Mob mentality that you have.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Up to this point, the american forces has demonstrated a distinct bias in protecting their criminals rather than prosecuting and punishing. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to anyone facing any kind of punishment for this mass murder.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Up to this point, the american forces has demonstrated a distinct bias in protecting their criminals rather than prosecuting and punishing. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to anyone facing any kind of punishment for this mass murder.

Open question - Did you see any poster defending this massacre?

A simple yes or no would suffice.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

They see what they want to see.

I'd bet they are hoping he gets off just so they can come back here and whine like a bunch of b******.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

"A simple yes or no" is a lawyers trick to illicit a certain response. Ain't happening. What I have seen here is a gradual inclusion of "reasons" as to why he killed all these people. Excuses for his behavior. The same thing that has happened in the past, therefore I have no real confidence in any kind of justice.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
"A simple yes or no" is a lawyers trick to illicit a certain response. Ain't happening. What I have seen here is a gradual inclusion of "reasons" as to why he killed all these people. Excuses for his behavior. The same thing that has happened in the past, therefore I have no real confidence in any kind of justice.

People are wondering what made him do this. It is a normal human reaction.

There is no reason but madness!

Are you stating he must be insane. Perhaps he just hated them. Perhaps he flipped out. Perhaps he had something wrong mentally. But it is madness. But what kind is the question and why.