Denialgate, because every scandal needs a gate...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yup. They have more balls than a canal horse. They run twice as hard when you use polar bear fat for fuel.

Sweet... I always knew that the renderings from polar bears was extra-energy intensive.

BTW - If you ever need confirmation of the strength of your position/opinion, just respond to Flossy. He likes to confirm when he loses an argument by assessing neg reps.

It's the fast & efficient way of knowing when he has no tangible argument left.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Are we really surprised that the large right wing special interest groups would be going
all out to protect their interests? These are linked issues with creationism and no
environmental disasters and all like minded things. It is fueled by a social conservative
vent a view of the world that is not based in reality let alone the facts.
I for one believe something is happening with the environment, but what, if it were not
changing it would be much worse. Living things and nature change all the time so its no
surprise to me. Do I believe the changes man is going to make will change anything? No
It might make a difference in a few cases but not on the main stage of the planet. Because
most of the changes are a natural occurrence. Remember Alaska was once a tropical
rain forest.
The problem is science has two factions, one academics who can be a pain in the arse and
no one is clear of their explanations because we are not all academics. The other groups
are made up of quacks, quick buck artists and conspiracy buffs out trying to use the evidence
of their issue to support a predetermined outcome. That is not science its game playing and
drama.
For instance the Old Testament. We have the fire and flood stories and miracles. Well the
fact is there were historically recorded fire and flood stories in other cultures before the rise
of Israel. The only answer could be, the world is only six thousand years old so that can't be.
Why bother to discover if it were older after all it would not prove our predetermined outcome.
Same holds true for the environment or fracking or anything else.
Take pot it was pretty much legal along with cocaine up until the 1930's when prohibition
ended and nearly saw the end of the FBI that is when the problems started because the police
agency needed ten million dollars in funding. Quack science produced anti drug films that
showed people having withdrawals from pot smoking. These were distributed to schools of course.
Schools are no longer places of learning really, they are child warehouses where we fill them
with expectations and limitations as to thinking for themselves, and of course directional behaviour.
Some are critical of the right for this with the creation theories being taught as science and
there is responsibility to the environment as long as it doesn't cost any money, and the problem is
not that bad.
On the other side there is the left agenda that ensures that everyone belongs just by showing up.
Everything has to be saved even if it is not useful. Every problem is ten times bigger than it is
and we should have a study and a program for every ailment suffered by man. Non of this surprises
me.
I think the children and adults of today must understand personal education and institutional education
has one real purpose. Schooling and institutions provide a mechanism for people to learn how to learn.
Once they master that, thinking for themselves becomes habit instead of a voluntary process. And
when people think for themselves, they threaten the very institutions that taught them and they are a
threat to governments and other institutions as well.
So both the right and the left continually conspire to distract and deceive adults and children at every
stage in life's process their survival depends on it. Casting doubt on each others findings is merely a
way of ensuring the game goes on.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There is the insurance line as well which leads me to ask why God is so violent.
Ever noticed insurance companies will ensure against everything except the old
Acts of God wording. Storms, floods wind storms not at all natural occurrences
they are acts of God.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The Koch Brothers and the rest of the anti-global warming crowd are simply following a well-established pattern of industrial behaviour.

And when juries award damages to those victimized by the industrialists, appellate courts overturn those judgments. Same pattern.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
BTW - If you ever need confirmation of the strength of your position/opinion, just respond to Flossy. He likes to confirm when he loses an argument by assessing neg reps.

It's the fast & efficient way of knowing when he has no tangible argument left.

Negative reps? I call them Walters.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If Nixon hadn't decided to burgle the Democrat office in the Watergate, there wouldn't be any gates.:roll:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
.... and Kochgate.
I don't know if Kochgate would be the product of arrogance as much as just plain ole scheming.

Are we really surprised that the large right wing special interest groups would be going
all out to protect their interests? These are linked issues with creationism and no
environmental disasters and all like minded things. It is fueled by a social conservative
vent a view of the world that is not based in reality let alone the facts.

This goes no where in explaining Gore's actions in disseminating falsehoods to accommodate his agenda.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
They wouldn't have had gate attached to the name if tricky dick hadn't been caught being a lying thieving crooked bastard though. They might have been called Mulroneys or Creitens.

Something probably would have taken the place of the -gate suffix.

On a related note, the IRS has also been informed of the potential conflict with Heartland Institute tax exempt charity status.
Heartland Institute faces fresh scrutiny over tax status | Environment | guardian.co.uk

From the IRS website:
To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.